Egypt

Franck 27

A Nile cruise is something special. We did a week’s cruise from Luxor to Aswan and then back downstream as far a Dendera before returning to Luxor. We then spent a week at the Sheraton on the banks of the Nile in Luxor exploring the area on our own. A truly memorable trip.

Edited by Omega1

Thank you, Just want see the Pyramids again.. That ship will visit Luxor only

You pretty much won't find a cruise that will allow you to see the pyramids.... Cairo is just too far from any port.

We did a 7 day Nile cruise while on a 15 day tour of Egypt with Gate 1 tours. It was amazing.

They recently began tours to Egypt again but they sell out QUICK !

The Nile. Spend a few days in Cairo and then fly to Luxor or Aswan and cruise before flying back to Cairo.

2 month ago I booked Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan for 4 nights, through Local travel agent called Le Caire Travel they was very professional and met the obligationsthey outlined in the itinerary.Our guide spoke excellent English and was anEgyptologist who was well versed in the historical and cultural aspects of thesights we were taken to see. and reasonable price

If you can wait for 2020, NCL has a cruise from Europe to Dubai, going to Haifa and Luxor. I prefer to cruise with Princess and RCCL.

There is also a warning for Australians (and probably in the US) not to travel to Egypt. So I will just wait and see.

If you can wait for 2020, NCL has a cruise from Europe to Dubai, going to Haifa and Luxor. I prefer to cruise with Princess and RCCL.

There is also a warning for Australians (and probably in the US) not to travel to Egypt. So I will just wait and see.

Oh, long waiting without no guarantee

• 5 weeks later...
Are there any ships will visit Egypt this year?

We depart Nov. 16 on the Oceania Nautica from Athens for 20-days going to Dubai with stops in the Holy Lands, Egypt/Luxor, Jordan/Petra, Oman, etc. But our cruise has been sold out for some time. There are wait lists for all categories of cabins and I doubt that much would open-up on this sailing. But, you could check with Oceania.

From Reader's Digest magazine four days ago, they had this story about Egypt headlined: Fastest Growing Tourist Destination in the Worldwith these highlights: The Middle Eastern nation just topped the list of the world’s fastest growing tourist destinations, Forbes reported. According to the United Nations World Tourism Organization’s most recent report, Egypt experienced 55.1 percent growth in the number of visitors from 2016 to 2017. Known as the Cradle of Civilization, Egypt has also become a destination for serious windsurfers and scuba divers who explore its coral reefs.

As reported earlier, part of this for Egypt is a "bounce-back" after: "Travelers to Egypt hit a high point in 2010 with 14.7 million visitors—beating the number of tourists that visited Paris that year. But tourism took a hit in 2011, after a revolution that toppled the government of longtime leader Hosni Mubarak, and again in 2015, when a Russian airliner was shot down over the Sinai Peninsula. But since Abdel Fattah El-Sisi was elected president in 2013, Egypt has been peaceful. And more people are visiting the country again."

Full story at:

https://www.rd.com/advice/travel/fastest-growing-tourist-destination-in-world/

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 42,797 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

I think its very important to note that ships do not visit Luxor. It is not near an ocean but rather along the Nile. Many cruises will have an excursion that will travel to Luxor and some have an one that will spend the night allowing to visit many sites there. On our 15 day tour (Nov 2010) after our 7 day Nile cruise we were bused from Luxor to Hurghada (on the Red Sea) for 2 nights at an all-inclusive. The bus ride while interesting through some barren desolate desert was quite long ( seem to remember about 4+ hours) as we arrived for a late lunch.

But I don't believe any ships are docking in Alexandria which is closer to Cairo (for a pyramid visit) but still would require an overnight excursion.

Our cruise docked at Safaga and we went on a 2 day tour to Luxor. It’s about 3 hours each way. The last hour was really interesting once we got into the Nile valley. Lots of stops/slow downs to go through police posts and interesting to see the villages and all the crops growing in this fertile valley.

Sent from my iPad using Forums