AARP Carnival Gift Cards

whereto

At least we can get the physical cards still. I preferred the e-cards since mailing them gives me anxiety about theft, but I guess it is what it is.

True!! A discount is still better than full price. My only immediate issue is that I sail on September 16th...I made the mistake of waiting too long. Fortunately I have 3 more booked between November and February. So I used the Newegg link earlier and ordered them that way. Not as big a discount, but at least they are still eCards.

This is the actual message on the AARP Forum dated 8/16/18:

"The Rewards for Good catalog is no longer able to offer Carnival Cruise eGift Cards. The program will continue to offer the physical gift cards. If you are planning a cruise please allow ample time for the physical gift cards to be delivered via mail. Gift cards can take up to 10 business days to be delivered. We apologize for any inconvenience."

So that's that. What a shame!

Ugh! I don't like that. I do a better job keeping up with electronic stuff vs physical stuff. LOL!

True!! A discount is still better than full price. My only immediate issue is that I sail on September 16th...I made the mistake of waiting too long. Fortunately I have 3 more booked between November and February. So I used the Newegg link earlier and ordered them that way. Not as big a discount, but at least they are still eCards.

Any issues with Newegg?

I just ordered a $100 gift card to pay the final balance of my cruise (yay!). Do the physical gift cards come with a tracking number? My confirmation e mail says i'll get another e mail confirming shipment, so just wondering if i'll be able to track it.

Ugh! I don't like that. I do a better job keeping up with electronic stuff vs physical stuff. LOL!

I am apparently in the minority, vastly preferring the physical cards. I can keep track of them, and use them myself, and give them as gifts to family members who also cruise Carnival.

My hope is that AARP continues to sell them under the current terms and conditions.

I just ordered a $100 gift card to pay the final balance of my cruise (yay!). Do the physical gift cards come with a tracking number? My confirmation e mail says i'll get another e mail confirming shipment, so just wondering if i'll be able to track it.

I just got 2 $500 cards last week and they didn't send a tracking number. I remember reading somewhere that gift cards and magazines would not have tracking numbers sent. Luckily, I was home whenUPS showed up for a signature.

I just got 2 $500 cards last week and they didn't send a tracking number. I remember reading somewhere that gift cards and magazines would not have tracking numbers sent. Luckily, I was home whenUPS showed up for a signature.
That happened to my husband last week. I have UPS Choice, so I can see when UPS packages are coming for me. I can't see when coming for him. For mine, I get a notice of when they will be here with a time frame, and I have the option of signing with UPS for them to be delivered without a signature. My teenager has been home those days, so he has gotten them right away.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thanks. Do both the $100 & $500 cards ship via UPS? I know only the $500 requires a signature.

I really don't know. I had only ordered less than $500 when they had ecards.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Same with me. This is my first time ordering the physical cards and I hope there's no snags in snail mail delivery. And just my luck, it's a holiday weekend to boot so an extra day of waiting. :(

I ordered 4 $100 cards and in another order 4 $100 cards. Both came regular mail no signature required. Ordered a $500 card and it shipped UPS signature required.

Same situation with us for both $100 (snail mail, no signature) and $500 (UPS, signature needed).

I ordered a $500 card from AARP last week and got an email saying that it would be shipped UPS signature required and a tracking number would be provided once it ships. Never heard anything else until UPS delivered it a few days later. I just ordered another $500 card a couple of days ago this one from Allstate and got the same email but no tracking number. I guess I'll just have to hope I'm home when UPS delivers it.

I ordered four $100 gift cards last Wednesday and received them Monday via snail mail. My husband ordered ten $100 gift cards (they were out of the $500 cards at the time) last Wednesday, and they arrived yesterday via UPS signature required. He received no confirmatory email, nor email with a tracking number, but he was able to check on them on the AARP website and knew when they were shipped.

I ordered four $100 gift cards last Wednesday and received them Monday via snail mail. My husband ordered ten $100 gift cards (they were out of the $500 cards at the time) last Wednesday, and they arrived yesterday via UPS signature required. He received no confirmatory email, nor email with a tracking number, but he was able to check on them on the AARP website and knew when they were shipped.

Thanks for sharing this info. I ordered my $100 card earlier today so i'm guessing by your experience they'll probably arrive via USPS by Tuesday given that Monday's a holiday. Seems they ship them out pretty fast.

Thanks for sharing this info. I ordered my $100 card earlier today so i'm guessing by your experience they'll probably arrive via USPS by Tuesday given that Monday's a holiday. Seems they ship them out pretty fast.

I ordered 3 on the evening of the 28th. Received them via snail mail today. Very pleased since we sail 2 weeks from tomorrow.

I ordered 3 on the evening of the 28th. Received them via snail mail today. Very pleased since we sail 2 weeks from tomorrow.

That's very quick. I ordered the day after you and in my Rewards account it says it was shipped via UPS Ground but the shipping e mail says "shipped Pitney Bowes" so I have no idea how it's coming. Either way, i'm hoping I get it by Tuesday to pay my final cruise balance.

I was able to get 2 $500 cards ordered before they disappeared from Allstate. Hope they come back because we have a 2019 cruise to Alaska to pay for!

We have Allstate, what is the discount with them AND where do you go to purchase them?

Still waiting for the e-gift cards, which haven't seen for a while. Find them to be easy to get and there's no concern that way with mail/UPS. Our cruise is getting closer, so may have to go with the hard guys.

For NancyC: Sign on to AARP website and find Reward for Good. There they offer a variety of tests that if you take them they give you an amount of Reward for Good points. Then find their gift cards and see if they are offering any Carnival CL gift cards. If so, their offer will be the $500 CCL gift card for $450 and the $100 for $90, so long as you have 1000 Reward for Good points to use for each $100 purchased. You will have to take quite a few tests to get up to 1000 points, but it goes pretty quickly. If in your case, you thing it's worth the savings, go for it!

Still waiting for the e-gift cards, which haven't seen for a while. Find them to be easy to get and there's no concern that way with mail/UPS. Our cruise is getting closer, so may have to go with the hard guys.

No longer an option

This is the actual message on the AARP Forum dated 8/16/18:

"The Rewards for Good catalog is no longer able to offer Carnival Cruise eGift Cards. The program will continue to offer the physical gift cards. If you are planning a cruise please allow ample time for the physical gift cards to be delivered via mail. Gift cards can take up to 10 business days to be delivered. We apologize for any inconvenience."