Lumanie - Bring your own wine

vvnh16a

I know Lumanie offers good wines, but if want to bring one or 2 bottles of your special wine, but will the wine steward open your wine AND charge you a corkage fee per bottle.??

NOTE: I typically offer the steward a tasting of the wine after opening the bottle and at most fine resturants that takes care of the problem

Current corkage is $US25 per bottle for wine brought on board on embarkation. If you don't want your wine early in the cruise and you establish a great relationship with your sommelier it has been known that no corkage fee has been charged. wink wink nod nod.

yes. There are some who have said they weren't charged, but we've been charged every time. Never had two bottles the same meal so if that is what you're asking about I can't speak to that, but charge is clearly stated in multiple places online and in reservation details, no exception for Luminae.

We've been charged 50% of the time. The corkage fee is still a tiny fraction of the upcharge you'd be forced to pay if buying a special occasion wine though so it's easily worth it.

The sommelier never batted an eyelid when she opened our fourth bottle either....

Like others said, it really depends on your sommelier. We made friends with ours (shoutout to King Richard) and he never charged us. He also left us a full bottle of Wente Cab on nights we didn't bring our own from the room.

You can bring on two bottles of wine at embarkation, no fee if you drink them in the cabin. Our experience, in Luminae or elsewhere, is that the corkage is charged. As some have mentioned, sometimes the Sommelier ignores it, but not often.

We brought a bottle there in March was told it was a 25 dollar charge , we had brought a nice bottle , sommelier asked if he could taste our wine , then did not charge us.

My experience also...a small tasting will go a long way and set the stage for the rest of the cruise