what's your absolute favorite thing about NCL?

I was thinking about this earlier this morning and found it was difficult to nail down one thing as my absolute favorite thing about NCL, so I thought I'd ask all y'all for feedback.

I've only been on three cruise lines (NCL, Carnival, MSC) and I have enjoyed each ship and itinerary I've travelled.

The biggest surprise for me was how much I like NCL's buffets. I'm not usually a haul and maul guy but I found very many items on the buffet to be quite tasty.

My absolute favorite thing is interacting with ship employees. I am always amazed at how friendly and hardworking everyone is, from top to bottom. I work in a service based retail industry and KNOW how challenging it can be to always be "on stage". I also find most of my fellow travelers on NCL to be pretty chill and fun to be around...that's not always the case everywhere!!!

STAFF To me it is amazing how long it takes for them to get from their home in far off places like Nepal and Myanmar (Burma) (36 hours from New York City) to work on a ship. Many of them are away from home for 6 to 8 months at a time. It just amazes me that they are willing to work the long hours they do and be away from family and friends for so long. Just as hard on their families as it is on them.

We have 20 NCL cruises under our belts, and have 4 more booked within next year.

Each ship is different, but our #1 favourite is martinis!!!

We cannot make good martinis at home, and when we go out they aren't any good as the NCL ones!

So we kinda cruise NCL for the martinis (and of course other things)!

The premium all-inclusive rates with UBP.

Staff are fabulous on whatever line you’re on, food is good whatever the ship (for the most part), and most lines have great entertainment now. But few take the all inclusive thing quite as far as NCL. I really appreciate it.

I was thinking about this earlier this morning and found it was difficult to nail down one thing as my absolute favorite thing about NCL, so I thought I'd ask all y'all for feedback.

I've only been on three cruise lines (NCL, Carnival, MSC) and I have enjoyed each ship and itinerary I've travelled.

The biggest surprise for me was how much I like NCL's buffets. I'm not usually a haul and maul guy but I found very many items on the buffet to be quite tasty.

My absolute favorite thing is interacting with ship employees. I am always amazed at how friendly and hardworking everyone is, from top to bottom. I work in a service based retail industry and KNOW how challenging it can be to always be "on stage". I also find most of my fellow travelers on NCL to be pretty chill and fun to be around...that's not always the case everywhere!!!

Leo ,the singer guitar player who memorized the names of all the regulars who came to see him play .As I entered the area he played in he said "Lenny from NY is here."

the wonderful and friendly crew has to be at the top of our list; followed by the selection of dining and the almost all inclusive sailing they now offer. Another positive we probably meet more friendly people and hear less complaining on NCL ships than on other lines. Our only time we have ever cruised with a really unfriendly or rude group was on the Breakaway about 18 months ago.

I've cruised on 13 cruise lines so far.

"Freestyle" is a nice legend of the past: I can cruise free style almost on every ship these days.

Entertainment: RCI is #1 at sea.

Open decks: HAL & Cunard are above everything else.

Food: there are better options (the list is too long).

Spaciousness: NCL is the lower part of the list.

Itineraries: pretty generic.

Pools: industry's second worst after Carnival mega ships.

Absolutely favorite:

. Just a few ships at sea do spa better than NCL.

Not that unique, but a notable thing that we love: water slides!

Happy cruising!

I'm not sure why you are commenting here. If you have no favorite thing about NCL just keep reading, really petty.

yes, the all-inclusive UBP. Done another line 'all inclusive', but the drinks very actually quite limited as needed to upgrades to get anything close to NCL!

Lol. Seriously?

NCL is generally considered to have the worst drink package at sea.

Lol. Seriously?

NCL is generally considered to have the worst drink package at sea.

Really!? Is that because of cost or the actual drinks on offer?

I think because it's 'All inclusive' for UK customers it seems good (as we don't have to pay the 18% on it). I've bought a drinks package with RCL and although the drinks were good it was really expensive. Tui (Marella) all inclusive was naff unless you upgraded to premium and P&O doesn't have a drinks package. I thought NCL had a really good choice on board although perhaps I need to try some other lines to be able to give a more objective opinion ,,,LOL :')

Really!? Is that because of cost or the actual drinks on offer?

I think because it's 'All inclusive' for UK customers it seems good (as we don't have to pay the 18% on it). I've bought a drinks package with RCL and although the drinks were good it was really expensive. Tui (Marella) all inclusive was naff unless you upgraded to premium and P&O doesn't have a drinks package. I thought NCL had a really good choice on board although perhaps I need to try some other lines to be able to give a more objective opinion ,,,LOL :')

Well, if you are just comparing the price of the package and you get it free, then that is fair. I'm referring to what you actually get in the package. NCL is the most limited. For example, no bottled water, no coffee drinks, etc. Plus a lot of the higher end liquor is "over the included price" on NCL, and would be included in drink packages on other lines.

That said, I am admittedly not familiar with different promos and offers for UK sailings, so who knows? Maybe it's much better over there than it is here. Of course, sailing in the US, I wouldn't know P&O or Tui and couldn't compare that either. So yeah, maybe the NCL package is better in your situation?! But over here, compared to Carnival, Royal, Celebrity, etc... NCL is easily the worst drink package as far as what is and is not included.

Well, if you are just comparing the price of the package and you get it free, then that is fair. I'm referring to what you actually get in the package. NCL is the most limited. For example, no bottled water, no coffee drinks, etc. Plus a lot of the higher end liquor is "over the included price" on NCL, and would be included in drink packages on other lines.

That said, I am admittedly not familiar with different promos and offers for UK sailings, so who knows? Maybe it's much better over there than it is here. Of course, sailing in the US, I wouldn't know P&O or Tui and couldn't compare that either. So yeah, maybe the NCL package is better in your situation?! But over here, compared to Carnival, Royal, Celebrity, etc... NCL is easily the worst drink package as far as what is and is not included.

ahh right. Yes we get bottled water as well (one large bottle per day in cabin). I was just impressed with the range of Barcardi's, some I'd never seen before!! I need to get out more ha ha :'):'):'):')

ahh right. Yes we get bottled water as well (one large bottle per day in cabin). I was just impressed with the range of Barcardi's, some I'd never seen before!! I need to get out more ha ha :'):'):'):')

On other lines, you get as much bottled water as you want. Strolling around, just ask a bartender and he'll hand you a couple.

I wouldn't say you need to get out more! I think there is just a notable difference in the cruise products where you live compared to where I live :)