7mile beach

southwardbound

We are going to the Caymens in April 2006 and there will be 4 other boats at the port when we are there....we thought about taking a taxi or some form of transportation and just enjoying 7 mile beach for the day. We are first time cruisers, a party of 7, and was wondering if we will have problems finding transporation to the beach and if this is a good choice. Are there water sports available at the beach? How about snorkeling?

Thank you for your imput.:)

Yes, this is a fine idea. You will have no problem finding a taxi. They will be able to take your whole party. I think the price is now $5 per person each way. Ask to go to Sea Grape or Courtyard. Both beaches have water sports, chairs, umbrellas, facilities, food, drinks, etc. They also have a taxi stand with cabs waiting to take you back in the afternoon. They rent snorkeling equipment, but I am not sure how the snorkeling is.

We are going to the Caymens in April 2006 and there will be 4 other boats at the port when we are there....we thought about taking a taxi or some form of transportation and just enjoying 7 mile beach for the day. We are first time cruisers, a party of 7, and was wondering if we will have problems finding transporation to the beach and if this is a good choice. Are there water sports available at the beach? How about snorkeling?

Thank you for your imput.:)

There really isn't snorkeling at 7 mile beach...

but when we first came to the island several years ago & we were young and broke this is what we did...

CHEAP OPTION:

If you have your own snorkel...you can walk about 4 blocks south of the pier(take a right at the street out front after you walk off the tender and out of the pier area) to a dive shop called EDEN's Rock. You can rent a big locker there...throw your crap in it and snorkel right from their facilities/pier....

and then later for around $4 a taxi per person each way~ from the pier you can go to 7 mile beach and then back....

I have done this several times when I couldn't afford a lot of different excursions at each port...It was fun when I was too broke to go see anything else.

BUT RECCOMEND THIS:

However I just went to GC again in December 05 and did the stingrays + snorkeled the northwall & went to 7 mile beach for around $35 per person for the whole day...and it was really an awesome tour for the price...I would highly reccomend it!

Here is my link to that review from last month!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=273067

17334_78150_8773608_1136448895md05d6891f400412ef0f8c523bbb6a0eb3.jpg

Have fun no matter what!

See you on the beaches of the world!

Just so I get this right...

On Seven Mile Beach you can either use a hotel area (for a fee?) or one of the public use areas such as Sea Grape or Courtyard?

Which is better between Sea Grape and Courtyard?

What you do when you get to either of these is pay to use chairs. The beach is free to use so if you bring a beach towel spread it out and enjoy. Chairs are $10 each and come with a beverage (water/soda). The Courtyard by Marriot is across the street and I am not sure if they allow day use of their hotel facilities. As mentioned above, Sea Grape and Courtyard are adjacent and they will of course sell you food and drinks if you so desire.

We found Courtyard to be a bit quieter and less crowded, but I wouldn't say one was really that much better than the other. The sand and water are all the same. We had to walk over to Sea Grape to rent jet skis as Red Sail was not renting the day we were there because of the surf.

Archived