Any favorite restaurants in SF that are nearish to the pier?

Just curious if anyone has a favorite spot that is close to the pier where we would dock in San Fran. Doing Alcatraz/Angel Island during the day and would like to find a good spot to eat before heading to the Giants game at night. Any recommendations are appreciated :)

Franciscan Crab House near Fisherman’s Wharf

(I’m a local)

I dont mean to hyjack this thread but I was also looking at Restaurant recommendations in SF. I would like to ask you, though, as a local, would Petite Auberge be too far from the pier to stay the one night pre-cruise? I have a hotel already booked at Fishermans Wharf, but this little hotel caught my attention.

Thanks

I dont mean to hyjack this thread but I was also looking at Restaurant recommendations in SF. I would like to ask you, though, as a local, would Petite Auberge be too far from the pier to stay the one night pre-cruise? I have a hotel already booked at Fishermans Wharf, but this little hotel caught my attention.

Thanks

It's in the Union Square area, too far to walk, but maybe a 10-15 taxi/Lyft/Uber if no traffic ride.

• 2 weeks later...

In between the cruise ship terminal and the Giants Stadium is the Financial District. In the middle of the Financial District is Belden Alley, a one-block long pedestrian alley lined with restaurants, most with outdoor terraces. Our favorites are Plouf (Belgian, sea food), Cafe Bastille (casual French) and B-44 (Catalan).

Just curious if anyone has a favorite spot that is close to the pier where we would dock in San Fran. Doing Alcatraz/Angel Island during the day and would like to find a good spot to eat before heading to the Giants game at night. Any recommendations are appreciated :)

Alcatraz/Angel Island: I'm assuming you did this on your own and not a ship excursion? Which did you do first, Alcatraz or Angel Island, and would you do it that way again? TIA! :)

Alcatraz/Angel Island: I'm assuming you did this on your own and not a ship excursion? Which did you do first, Alcatraz or Angel Island, and would you do it that way again? TIA! :)

I will be doing the trip next week so I will let you know how it worked out. But we booked the excursion from https://www.alcatrazcruises.com their ferry leaves from the pier pretty much next to where to ship docks.

• 1 month later...

To answer lots of different questions, Petite Auberge isn't even two miles from the cruise port, so it would be fine for a pre-cruise hotel as long as you aren't looking for walkable.

At Belden Place (also called Belden Alley) my favorite restaurant is Sam's Grill, which is one of the oldest restaurants in California, dating to 1867. I think maybe only Tadich Grill (my fave place in The City) and Old Clam House are older.

Pier 23 Cafe isn't a favorite and isn't all that special. It isn't bad, it just would not be my one place to eat in SF. It is only well known because it was on TV.

Waterbar is great, but not what I'd call near the cruise terminal. Franciscan Crab Restaurant is okay, but I'd go a bit further and go to Scoma's, especially for their cioppino.

• 1 month later...

If you're going to a game I would do the Public House, which is attached to ATT park and has it's own turnstyle for quick entry into the stadium.  MoMo's across the street from the ball park is good also.  Both places can get crowded on a game day.  But that's part of the fun.   

• 4 weeks later...