Need Quick Help - Junior Suite GTY assigned #1100

Oceans4

I read Rick's review on his JS #1100 and a few other comments mentioning people can look down or over onto the balconies. This morning I switched from my hump balcony to a JS GTY and I was already assigned #1100.

Should I keep this, switch to 1102 or 1104 if available, or try getting a JS on deck 9 or 10 - there are still some available.

I love the proximity to the gym and solarium, but not so excited about people peeking around to look at the balcony. I don't really understand the layout beyond that.

Any help is appreciated, as I would need to call RCCL soon to make the switch.

Thanks Cruise Critic Friends!

A JS is a wonderful space...and with that corner aft, you get TONS of balcony! Just so you know, any neighbor can "peek" around the divider.....and the outer part of your balcony (towards the rail), will be visible from the outdoor WJ seating. Just so you know.

Private balconies mean you don't share. Doesn't mean others will NEVER see you!

Thank you for the replies.....just to clarify - this is not an AFT it's the very front of the ship on deck 11- it's part of the four new JS cabins on deck 11 outside the solarium. After reading Rick's review, I thought 1106 might be the better choice since it's a couple rooms farther from the fitness center and from the deck plan, it appears to be somewhat larger.

So you think 1100 is better than 1106?

I switched to 1106, but I can easily switch back.

This is for the 11/4/18 sailing on Adventure. For $330 total, I was able to upgrade to a JS GTY today from the hump balcony. Two hours later, the cost had increased by another $400, so I'm glad I didn't think too long about it before phoning it in.

• Thanks 1

It's a keeper, large cabin and large balcony......the other cabins you mentioned are a different category and smaller cabins.......You did well. how soon is this sailing?

Cabin will look like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXnc5niFFSA

Jimbo

My apologies - I should have stated it was the Voyager Class (specifically the Adventure), and it's not the Radiance Class.

Cruise Life Rick was in #1106 on Adventure and did a Periscope Video that was helpful - he seemed to indicate #1106 would be the best in that short hallway of 6 cabins total. Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

My apologies - I should have stated it was the Voyager Class (specifically the Adventure), and it's not the Radiance Class.

Cruise Life Rick was in #1106 on Adventure and did a Periscope Video that was helpful - he seemed to indicate #1106 would be the best in that short hallway of 6 cabins total. Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Would need to know your sail date to know if any other Junior Suites might be better, and how many passengers in your cabin.

Jimbo:)

Thank you for the replies.....just to clarify - this is not an AFT it's the very front of the ship on deck 11- it's part of the four new JS cabins on deck 11 outside the solarium. After reading Rick's review, I thought 1106 might be the better choice since it's a couple rooms farther from the fitness center and from the deck plan, it appears to be somewhat larger.

This is for the 11/4/18 sailing on Adventure. For $330 total, I was able to upgrade to a JS GTY today from the hump balcony. Two hours later, the cost had increased by another $400, so I'm glad I didn't think too long about it before phoning it in.

We don't like being that far forward, feel more motion up front. Just checked your sailing and cabin #1694 facing the wake on the aft is available...........Awesome view from back there, that is the cabin I would switch to if we were in your position.

here is the cabin and balcony

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

My wife and I were in 1106 on the Mariner in July. It is a great quiet cabin with an oversized balcony and proximity to the solarium. Everything in the cabin (furniture, carpets, bathroom fixtures) was brand new. Of course, it will not be as new on the Adventure as it is on the Mariner but it will still be much newer than the rest of the ship. I suggest sticking with 1106. It is closer to everything than 1100 and I think it also has a bigger balcony. In fact, the balcony seemed to be as large as a GS balcony (and we have been on GS's on Voyager class ships).

Yeah...the difference in the #1100 on Radiance vs Adventure...is a big one !! The #1100 on the Radiance class has a large fan base and I'm one of them ;)

• 2 years later...
On 8/30/2018 at 3:07 PM, Oceans4 said:

How did you like JS #1100? We booked it for a 2022 cruise.

4 hours ago, wellsme1 said:

How did you like JS #1100? We booked it for a 2022 cruise.

If I recall correctly, 1100 had a bigger balcony and a smaller interior space compared to the others four in that group. After getting feedback from some here on CC, we selected 1106 and loved it. It had bigger interior cabin space and was very private at the Balcony. No one could access the other side of the balcony because it’s closed off to guests. Only crew had access to that area and therefore no one is looking into your Balcony.

Here are some photos from our December 2019 Adventure OTS cruise, cabin JS 1106.

52907B1C-4086-4B6E-BE8E-E4DF5C69F7AF.png

08414BEF-91B2-46AB-B7E0-BEAAB6F81FDD.jpeg

28057261-7010-44BB-9C94-F303FACE495B.jpeg

5A3D02D6-EC38-4290-A5AB-9B88B9E6F5B0.jpeg

68042B14-A9CD-4779-A9F5-12D42D7FDC94.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the info and photos. Glad you enjoyed it. I’ve been searching the internet for info on these particular suites, but not much out there. Did find one great video though. 

Those cabins piqued our interest since there were so few of them on the 11th deck and it was close to the Solarium. Seems like it could be a quiet, less travelled area. All four were available when we booked yesterday.

Thanks again and take care.

1 hour ago, wellsme1 said:

Thank you very much for the info and photos. Glad you enjoyed it. I’ve been searching the internet for info on these particular suites, but not much out there. Did find one great video though. 

Those cabins piqued our interest since there were so few of them on the 11th deck and it was close to the Solarium. Seems like it could be a quiet, less travelled area. All four were available when we booked yesterday.

Thanks again and take care.

You are most welcome. Indeed it’s very quiet with hardly any foot traffic. Quick acces to the gym and Solarium to grab a drink. Most passengers don’t even know about that area and cabins. 
If I am cruising on any Voyager Class ship that has those cabins and I’m looking for a JS those are the ones I would prefer to pick. As such, we have booked 1106 on Mariner for our Summer 2022 Cruise.

Good luck and happy sailing and hopefully soon.

20 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Most passengers don’t even know about that area and cabins. 

I’m keeping quiet as of now.🤫. I’m sure this is going to be the future cabins on this class for us. 
Thank you once again and best of health.

Edited by wellsme1

On 3/5/2021 at 11:44 PM, Tall-Cruiser said:

You are most welcome. Indeed it’s very quiet with hardly any foot traffic. Quick acces to the gym and Solarium to grab a drink. Most passengers don’t even know about that area and cabins. 
If I am cruising on any Voyager Class ship that has those cabins and I’m looking for a JS those are the ones I would prefer to pick. As such, we have booked 1106 on Mariner for our Summer 2022 Cruise.

Good luck and happy sailing and hopefully soon.

Couple of Voyager Class have cabins wrapped around front Deck 11, problem with them is OV Cabins above look down on most the real large Balcony. One ship it's a Jr Suite, another listed/priced as Balcony even though same set up and size

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 8/30/2018 at 2:06 PM, Oceans4 said:

I read Rick's review on his JS #1100 and a few other comments mentioning people can look down or over onto the balconies. This morning I switched from my hump balcony to a JS GTY and I was already assigned #1100.

Should I keep this, switch to 1102 or 1104 if available, or try getting a JS on deck 9 or 10 - there are still some available.

I love the proximity to the gym and solarium, but not so excited about people peeking around to look at the balcony. I don't really understand the layout beyond that.

Any help is appreciated, as I would need to call RCCL soon to make the switch.

Thanks Cruise Critic Friends!

There are numerous cameras along the side of the ship,  the bridge may always be looking into your balcony.  What will they see?  😲

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

There are numerous cameras along the side of the ship,  the bridge may always be looking into your balcony.  What will they see?  

11 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Couple of Voyager Class have cabins wrapped around front Deck 11, problem with them is OV Cabins above look down on most the real large Balcony. One ship it's a Jr Suite, another listed/priced as Balcony even though same set up and size

Yeah I think Adventure and Mariner are the only Voyager class that have these JS configuration on the Starboard side. Also the top of the balcony is covered so no one from deck 12 can look down on you. The bridge is on deck 10. However the peekaboo bridge is still on 11.

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

There are numerous cameras along the side of the ship,  the bridge may always be looking into your balcony.  What will they see?  😲

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

27 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Yeah I think Adventure and Mariner are the only Voyager class that have these JS configuration on the Starboard side. Also the top of the balcony is covered so no one from deck 12 can look down on you. The bridge is on deck 10. However the peekaboo bridge is still on 11.

Kool, Thanks. Knew Mariner safe from Videos I watched during/After Cabin add. Nice but many are shorter Cruises, I like Longer/Repo's.  Voyager Class with the Corner/Fronts like Cabin 11108 on Voyager the Deck 12 Floor to Ceiling OV do look straight down on them. Was looking at a Repo Cruise cheap as a Balcony even though a twin on other side is a Jr Suite. Balcony has to be 250sq ft but dont want 4 cabins looking down on over half my Balcony. One reasons dont like most other Cruise Lines Aft Cabins, why would you want it if others looking right down on you. 

38 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Kool, Thanks. Knew Mariner safe from Videos I watched during/After Cabin add. Nice but many are shorter Cruises, I like Longer/Repo's.  Voyager Class with the Corner/Fronts like Cabin 11108 on Voyager the Deck 12 Floor to Ceiling OV do look straight down on them. Was looking at a Repo Cruise cheap as a Balcony even though a twin on other side is a Jr Suite. Balcony has to be 250sq ft but dont want 4 cabins looking down on over half my Balcony. One reasons dont like most other Cruise Lines Aft Cabins, why would you want it if others looking right down on you. 

I hear you and perfectly understand. I don’t like people looking down or over into my balcony either. That’s why JS 1106 on Mariner and Adventure has an advantage over the other new JS in that section.

• Like 1