Last time we cruised from Baltimore (only time actually) the port was very run down, hectic and a huge cluster. I think there may have been some sort of construction going on as well. From any recent cruisers from that port, have things gotten any better recently?

We cruised RCCL from there last week and the Pride 2 years ago. Baltimore is a dream to go out of. So organized from parking to check in. Last weekend our number was called at 830 to debark and we were loading up the car by 845.

Last time we cruised from Baltimore (only time actually) the port was very run down, hectic and a huge cluster. I think there may have been some sort of construction going on as well. From any recent cruisers from that port, have things gotten any better recently?

How long ago? They used to do out of Dundalk, but now they are close to the western entrance of the I95 Tunnel. To get to the Dundalk terminal you had to go to the eastern side of the Key Bridge or access through one of the two tunnels.

For the past 3 Decembers we have cruised from Baltimore .In my opinion it is the best parking experience .We will be cruising again this December . We could cruise from NY or NJ but neither can compare to Baltimore.

How long ago? They used to do out of Dundalk, but now they are close to the western entrance of the I95 Tunnel. To get to the Dundalk terminal you had to go to the eastern side of the Key Bridge or access through one of the two tunnels.

When we went the terminal was the last exit before the tunnel on 95 as I recall. It was sometime in the last two years. As far as embarkation goes, it was the worst terminal we have sailed from. Others being NYC, NOLA, MIA, TPA, Port Canaveral.

Cruise Maryland opened around 2006.

Before that cruise ships use Dundalk Marine Terminal Berth #2 which was a very makeshift cruise terminal.

DNT is still being used today as a cargo terminal.

I can say both cruise passengers and port workers were glad to see the opening of the new dedicated cruise at terminal at South Locust Point.

We just returned from a cruise this past Thursday. The terminal is in great shape (my opinion) and everything was well organized. Enjoy that cruise!

The parking was not the issue. It was the terminal itself. Dingy, dirty, unorganized, and very hectic.

You described much of Baltimore. It's not the cleanest, most beautiful city. Lots of potential, but run down. :( Don't get me started on the roads...

If you don't like Baltimore or the cruise terminal, you are free to cruise from somewhere else.

Baltimore has its warts, but it is also a gem in many ways.

You described much of Baltimore. It's not the cleanest, most beautiful city. Lots of potential, but run down. :( Don't get me started on the roads...

The Baltimore where I live and play is clean and certainly not run down. :confused:

The Baltimore where I live and play is clean and certainly not run down. :confused:

Good for you! There are nice parts. We live 2 miles south of the city line. My H works downtown. My vet is in Brooklyn. We use doctors at U of MD and Mercy. So it's not like I'm not family with it. And the road between me and both 695 and Costco (15 minutes away) is like an obstacle course of potholes.

As I said, "much" of Baltimore. I did not say "all of Baltimore."

Edited by rubytue

Good for you! There are nice parts. We live 2 miles south of the city line. My H works downtown. My vet is in Brooklyn. We use doctors at U of MD and Mercy. So it's not like I'm not family with it. And the road between me and both 695 and Costco (15 minutes away) is like an obstacle course of potholes.

As I said, "much" of Baltimore. I did not say "all of Baltimore."

Sounds as though you may have a Baltimore (212..) zip code. I hate potholes as much as everyone else, but they're also prevalent in suburbia and rural Maryland areas also.

Just pulled away from the port. The port staff is very friendly and accommodating. Check in was pretty quick. My only complaint, they only had 4 security scanners so there was somewhat of a bottleneck. An extra 1-2 would have been nice.

No problem at all with the terminal or parking at the pier in Baltimore! You want potholes, go to PA!!! lol

No problem at all with the terminal or parking at the pier in Baltimore! You want potholes, go to PA!!! lol

OR NYC

I fell in a NYC pothole once