Vancouver Hotel Recommendations

I will be flying up to Vancouver next month to overnight before sailing on the Star.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice hotel? Not too terribly expensive but perhaps in a nice area and convenience in getting to the ship the next day?

Thank you in advance.

Pan Pacific on a Friday night over the next couple months runs about $350US per night. But if the OP wants a nice area convenient to the port that is the going rate and they should budget accordingly. Vancouver is a very expensive hotel city even with the favorable exchange rates. And normally not one to wait until only a month or so before your stay to start looking for rooms. (Though perhaps this cruise was a last minute booking?).

For my May cruise from Vancouver I figured to save a little money, stay near the airport and ride the Skytrain to the pier. Don't do it; YVR airport hotels are in a dismal neighborhood and most chains are not up to the standards of their USA counterparts.

Edited by fishywood

About 8years ago I stayed at a small boutique hotel on the street just down from the Cathedral and it seemed reasonably priced and just two block downhill to cruise terminal. Maybe it doesn’t exist anymore or is the pan pacific. I can’t remember the name. I will try to look it up or maybe someone can tell us. At the time it was about $US200. Very small...as I recall about 50 rooms. If you haven’t seen Vancouver lately or ever it is a lovely city and I would recommend a few days in advance. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Vancouver hotels are expensive. First, you need to decide what is important to you, which might be based on what time you get in. We found that staying near the airport was less costly than staying downtown and most of the hotels provided complimentary transportation and breakfast. The next day, you can decide whether it is better to take a taxi to the port (about $22 US for us) or return to the airport and take the Skytrain. I do realize that my daughter's mobility impairment makes our situation a little different in priority than what might be important for others. We wanted to be dropped off as close to the terminal as possible, and learned that a taxi could get us closer than the Pan Pacific arrangements or the Skytrain.

There are plenty of name brand hotels in the airport area; any of the major booking sites can show you what is available for your dates and at what cost.

If you are coming in early enough to enjoy the area, downtown would be a better choice. All we really wanted was a clean, place safe to stay overnight and as easy a situation as possible.

I travel to Vancouver for work fairly often and stay at Le Soleil. Its always considerably less than some of the major chains. It would be walkable to the port and easy to get to if taking the Skytrain from the airport. Also love the restaurant attached to it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Pension 3x

We did a cruise from Vancouver in 2016 and stayed for a few days after the cruise.

Before the cruise we stayed at thePinnacle Harbourside Hotel at 1133West Hastings street. Good location and around $12 taxi to the cruise terminal. Vancouver is expensive so expect to pay around $450 per night.-after the cruise we stayed at theBlue Horizon hotel on1225 Robson street around $350 per night - great location and fairly priced eating places over the road. Taxi will be $15-20 to terminal- Shop around on the net for best prices but book soon as hotels fill up very fast because of the cruises and you will struggle to get the cheaper options- Have a great trip.

We are going on the Radiance of the Seas June 14th 2019, when should we book our hotel for the precruise?

Thank you in advance!

I book all our hotels as soon as we have a cruise booked. We use Hilton etc. so they can be cancelled. Found it is the best price as far out as possible. If it goes down then I book again with the new price.

Vancouver is a busy city and hotels are expensive. We have marathons, conventions, tourists, plus the cruise ship season has started by June.

I book all our hotels as soon as we have a cruise booked. We use Hilton etc. so they can be cancelled. Found it is the best price as far out as possible. If it goes down then I book again with the new price.

Vancouver is a busy city and hotels are expensive. We have marathons, conventions, tourists, plus the cruise ship season has started by June.

Thank you very much for the information! We will discuss it with our friends to coordinate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were just there in August. Flew in the day before boarding. We stayed at the Pan Pacific. Pricey? Yes but it was a beautiful hotel. We walked to Gastown and had great dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory. Next morning we could look out right to the ship, and went right down by elevator to the cruise terminal.

Thinking about using AirBNB next June for our cruise on the Millie. We've stayed at the Pan Pacific three times, but it is way too pricey for our budgets this time. Has anyone used AirBNB or VRBO? Prices are so much more reasonable.

Thanks!

Cha-CHING!!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 5:08 PM, chaching said:

Thinking about using AirBNB next June for our cruise on the Millie. We've stayed at the Pan Pacific three times, but it is way too pricey for our budgets this time. Has anyone used AirBNB or VRBO? Prices are so much more reasonable.

Thanks!

Cha-CHING!!!

While not for a pre-cruise - a coworker did AirBNB for both Vancouver and Victoria last year and loved it.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:48 PM, Coral said:

AirBnB has New rules in effect in Vancouver.  The resident has to be in the same unit or building to rent out part of it for AirBnB.  Short term rentals are banned in many condo complexes downtown.  You can search for the new rules.

• 1 month later...

Pan Pacific is so convenient to the ship. We had our bags picked up at our room by the staff and brought to the ship. The desk staff asked us if we wanted this and there was no extra fee (other than the tip). I would stay there again hands down. When we were there pre cruise we were able to get a AAA B&B package and it was quite reasonable, relatively speaking....ohh and there is a wine store very conveniently located nearby.:)

Edited by pmjnh

On ‎09‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, ken_nyc said:

We just booked the Holiday Inn & Suites Vancouver Downtown for our June 14th cruise and got a discount being an IHG member and to get points on my account.

We were thinking of staying here in September, please let us know how your stay is. How will you get to ship?