Vancouver Hotel Recommendations

12 hours ago, curleyjane said:

We were thinking of staying here in September, please let us know how your stay is. How will you get to ship?

I will let you know. Probably by cabs, I may investigate a van for 4 of us.

• 3 months later...

We, 3 couples, have a cruise leaving 9/30/19 and just booked the Pan Pacific for 2 nights pre cruise @ $261 + tax, still under $300. Be patient and checked expedia almost everyday. Most days were $300-$400/nt and just all of a sudden, one day I checked and got lucky and booked 3 rooms, deluxe king harbor view at that price.

Jeanne

We have stayed at Le Soleil in the past and have booked again for our upcoming August visit (and cruise departure.) We prefer boutique hotels over the big ones ... our other favorite in Vancouver is the Wedgewood Hotel but their pricing has risen significantly.

Great find, cruzbugy, for the Pan Pacific! I think the late season departure aided in the fantastic price. Enjoy, Vancouver is such a fun and vibrant city.

As long as we are out of the Phoenix heat in August, I'm happy!

15 hours ago, cruzbugy said:

We, 3 couples, have a cruise leaving 9/30/19 and just booked the Pan Pacific for 2 nights pre cruise @ $261 + tax, still under $300. Be patient and checked expedia almost everyday. Most days were $300-$400/nt and just all of a sudden, one day I checked and got lucky and booked 3 rooms, deluxe king harbor view at that price.

Jeanne

Wow that’s an awesome rate!  I kept my eye on several different travel sites and joined their member program and never saw a rate anywhere near that for The date I need in May.  After about a year of looking I saw a deal for a Canadian credit card that offered about $300 in free travel points for joining and charging a set amount in the first couple months so I applied for it, got it, paid final payment with it and got the Pan Pacific for $200 Pacific Club level.  I am pumped 🥳

On 3/21/2019 at 1:58 AM, DebInAntigua said:

Pan Pacific seems the way to go for a single night before embarking. They sell a lot of different view room rates online. Does anyone know which room types give you a great view of the cruise ships in port?

I have had a variety of room types there and they have all had a good view of the ships (and in the off-season there would be a good view if there were any ships there!) The rooms run down the east and west sides of the hotel. The so-called "harbour view" rooms are on the west side and have a great view of the harbour and the Lions Gate Bridge. The non-harbour view rooms are on the east side and there is still a view of the harbour, part of downtown and mountains in the distance. If there is a ship docked on the east side you may have a good view of it.

We usually stay in the Club Rooms on the top levels. We don't pay extra for the harbour view because the lounge is on that side and we can watch our ship come in under the bridge whilst sipping tea and nibbling smoked slamon at a most civilised breakfast.

• 2 weeks later...