Dinner Question

palermo22

We are in category PV2 - do we get two specialty restaurants or two at EACH of the two specialty restaurants?

Also, is there a way of previewing the menu in the Chef's Table to see what is being served each night - if I remember correctly every three or four days the restaurants repeats the menu - so I would like to make sure the two nights we eat there are different menus.

Thanks

Jerry, 2 in each restaurant. Things are changing a bit changed with CT and what we can view beforehand, so someone who has worked with those changes will have to fill you in on the details.

Thanks - looking forward to someone who can respond to my question - I thought it was 2+2 for our category AND our friends who are in a Penthouse category get 3+3 - so if we can maneuver this properly wen should be able to try the three or four different meals in the Chef's Table.

We are in category PV2 - do we get two specialty restaurants or two at EACH of the two specialty restaurants?

Also, is there a way of previewing the menu in the Chef's Table to see what is being served each night - if I remember correctly every three or four days the restaurants repeats the menu - so I would like to make sure the two nights we eat there are different menus.

Thanks

Palermo, you can view some sample menus in MVJ prior to your booking window and if I recall correctly once you are able to book your reservations you can view the (tentative) specific menus for each day of your cruise. They still may change; on our last cruise the Scandinavian menu replaced another one and was on the menu for the last five days of the cruise.

Thanks - looking forward to someone who can respond to my question - I thought it was 2+2 for our category AND our friends who are in a Penthouse category get 3+3 - so if we can maneuver this properly wen should be able to try the three or four different meals in the Chef's Table.

Yes , we were able to book all of our back to back reservations as soon as the first ones were available.

We werei also told by a Viking rep that we could get any or all of the rest of our dinners in specialties when we board the ship. You should have no problem.

The Chef’s table menus for the day come up when you try to book the specific date.

If you are thinking that you can piggyback on each other's reservations to increase your number of early booking requests, you will find that if your friends put in a request and have you included, that reservation will also count against your number of reservations.

There was a recent post somewhere that explained this.

• 1 month later...

As far as the Chef’s Table is concerned you can probably get as many reservations as you like on board - they will try to fit you in - Manfredi’s is a different matter - download the Viking App to your phone and as soon as you get on board make extra reservations before most people know what is going on! If your friends make them at the same time or within half an hour you can then get the head waiters to merge them! We managed to get 4 Manfredis reservations and ate each time the menu changed in the chef’s table which was 6!! You just need to work the system!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

+1on downloading the Viking App. That was one of the best tips we got for our Midnight Sun cruise this past summer. We got 2 Manfredi's reservations and 4 chef's table reservations without leaving our cabin-we could not book before boarding and the ship was full. The chef's table is pretty easy to book on board and change if the menu or your plans change. The window seats on the Chef's Table side are the best. It is quieter there when full. The App also reminds you of other things you booked on board like spa reservations-try the Nordic Bath experience.