dress code for l'Austral on a sailing from Salomon Islands to Fiji

mkelnan

Hi, We are about to leave for our 11 day cruise thru the Salomon Islands and Vanuatu. The booklet they sent said to be prepared for 2 gala evenings and "Officer's evening" where you are suppose to wear white. Since we are divers we have 1 piece of our allowed luggage with our dive gear. The other has to have both our clothes for our 3 weeks. Can anyone tell me how dressed up people will be on a tropical cruise like this. My husband is not going to bring a "dark suit" just chinos and a blue jacket. Thanks for any help and advice.

Hi, We are about to leave for our 11 day cruise thru the Salomon Islands and Vanuatu. The booklet they sent said to be prepared for 2 gala evenings and "Officer's evening" where you are suppose to wear white. Since we are divers we have 1 piece of our allowed luggage with our dive gear. The other has to have both our clothes for our 3 weeks. Can anyone tell me how dressed up people will be on a tropical cruise like this. My husband is not going to bring a "dark suit" just chinos and a blue jacket. Thanks for any help and advice.

I wouldn't worry. Just take what you can carry. When I did my first cruise from Hawaii to Australia, I saw a lot of passengers in an Op Shop stocking up on tropical clothes. I still have a lovely pair of white linen pants, with palm trees on them, which I kept. Just take an evening top or light scarf etc to change the look of a day outfit. I would take a white top for the Officer's evening though.

We did a cruise on L'Austral. The White dinner and Captains's dinner are not compulsory. We went to one Captain's dinner, didn't get particularly dressed up - bit long and drawn out, and noisy, very hard to hold a conversation. For the next Captain's dinner and the White dinners we and many others just went to the buffet restaurant up stairs.

Enjoy your cruise.