Bathroom Night Light

leetompkins

Does anyone have a recommendation for type of night light that can be used in the Regal Princess bathroom? We will be doing a New England/Canada Cruise later this month and would like to have some type of low voltage night light for the bathroom at night. Thank you.

Does anyone have a recommendation for type of night light that can be used in the Regal Princess bathroom? We will be doing a New England/Canada Cruise later this month and would like to have some type of low voltage night light for the bathroom at night. Thank you.

The outlet, in the bath room, is 120V.

Standard night light is O.K.

Have a great cruise.

We use little battery run tea lights with the on/off switch at the botttom. One goes on the bathroom counter at night and the other goes on the top shelf of the closet. Just enough light is provided. This was a recommendation from a fellow cruise critic member and now I won’t travel without. :D

I use a battery light form Ikea (do you get those in the US?) which I put on the bathroom counter top, and comes on with movement when I go into the bathroom. Stays on for few minutes but any movement sets of off again. Just enough light to see by and lightweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One time I got an LED night light at a Mexico Walmart, and it burned out after a day or two, when used in the bathroom. I may have had it plugged in backwards, or it may have been a bad item. For the one day it was great.

HALLOWEEN is coming. - We ended up getting a small orange square "thing" after the holiday last year. It runs on a couple of AA or AAA batteries and is used to light up the inside of a pumpkin. It works absolutely GREAT in the bathroom.

Hmm. I tried to insert a picture of it, but it came out HUGE, so check it out here:

http://beercruisers.com/hacks/index.htm

By far the best are small battery powered Tea Lights, like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Instapark-Flameless-Candles-Realistic-Tealights/dp/B0064RFHHO/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1536071982&sr=8-10&keywords=electric+tea+lights

Regular night lights DO NOT work on most ships as the power to the outlet is shut off with the overhead lights.

We find it easiest to leave the bathroom light on all night and just close the door.

We used to do this too but my problem is the blinding bright light when you go in and then the blindness when you go out into the dark room so now I just use the battery powered tea light/candle. Its a soft glow of light, so much easier on the eyes.:)

We used to do this too but my problem is the blinding bright light when you go in and then the blindness when you go out into the dark room so now I just use the battery powered tea light/candle. Its a soft glow of light, so much easier on the eyes.:)

Understand but seem to have trained myself to partially close my eyes when going in and than their is enough light when I close bathroom door to see my way back to the bed.

We use little battery run tea lights with the on/off switch at the botttom. One goes on the bathroom counter at night and the other goes on the top shelf of the closet. Just enough light is provided. This was a recommendation from a fellow cruise critic member and now I won’t travel without. :D

We also use the battery operated tea lights, and this time we've found some with a timer, 6hrs on 18hrs off. first time you turn it on, it sets itself. will run for 6 hrs and then turn on at the same time for the rest of the trip. found them on Amazon

We take a motion sensor night light with us on all travels....put in bathroom and only turns on when someone walks into bathroom. They work great and use batteries so can place anywhere.,

That would be good but in darkened inside cabin first have to get to bathroom for it to turn on

I use a nightlight app on my Kindle Fire. There are thousands of options for the color of the light and the brightness is fully adjustable. (It can even also serve as a clock.) Kindle charges while I sleep. Perfect.