Sun - bring own hair dryer???

loriandjason

On other cruise ships, the hair dryers found in the rooms are not so pleasant. They don't have an "on" switch that stays on by itself. It has to be held in the "on" position while drying your hair.

Does anyone know if the hair dryers are like this on the Sun? If I bring my own, is there a place to plug it in near the desk?

Thanks for your help!

Sailing the Sun on 2/4.

One thing I can tell you is if you bring a hair dryer that is too powerful you can blow out power to an entire row of cabins and you will NOT be popular. LOL especially if it is the cabin I am in I am also on that sailing.

We just got off the Sun. The switch on the hair dryer is on the wall. When you take it off it comes on, when put back it goes off. One speed only. They are made for righthanded people. They were very akward for both my wife and myself as we are both lefthanded. Another problem is the hot air blows through the handle and is prone to making your hand feel very hot. The outlet in the bathroom says for electric razors only. If you want to bring your own, take along a power strip, which you should anyway and an 8-10ft extension cord and run it from the cabin into the bathroom or use the mirror in the cabin which is right near the outlet.

The Sun hairdryers have a low speed and a high. I didn't realize that the first day and it took forever to dry my hair. Then I noticed the switch (right on the front, duh) to turn it to high speed and it was very powerful. I'm impatient about that stuff, and the Sun's dryers were just fine.

The Sun's hairdryer is powerful but I opted to still use my own by the desk mirror where there is one 110V outlet and one European (?) outlet. I do need to have a powerful hairdryer of at least 1875 and normally the 1600 watts aren't powerful enough but the ship's dryer seemed to have more power than a 1600. I just felt too confined in the bathroom and liked using mine in the room. Using it didn't cut any other cabin's power. I would bring my own--better safe than be disappointed.

Happy Sailings!

Archived