Recommended Italian restaurant near midtown Manhattan?

Odonpeg

8 minutes ago, MarlboroBell said:

One restaurant I haven't seen mentioned here (and it's my go-to in the Theater District, and a block from my office!) is Osteria al Doge on 44th. Great food, pleasant ambience. 

I've been to Frankie and Johnnie's -- it's pretty good but very traditional. But honestly, there's so much great food in Midtown that you'll be able to find something: just prebook on OpenTable well ahead of time for pre-theater dining.

Hi, thanks for the reply. If you read back a page or 2 you will see where I realized my timeframe is not good to make a reservation, get there on time to eat at normal pace and get to the show without feeling like I am being rushed out of my wits.  I had made a reservation at Gallagher's and decided to cancel it.   I am going to have to figure out what to do after I get to my hotel.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lenny, I am totally confused...…….where is this Marriott? Not sure I even understand the premise......you mean go from my hotel to the Marriott and then to the show?:classic_ohmy:...…..my whole thing was to eat dinner and go to the show.

I was responding to the person who posted to you. My iPad was all messed up and I could not respond properly 

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lenny, I am totally confused...…….where is this Marriott? Not sure I even understand the premise......you mean go from my hotel to the Marriott and then to the show?:classic_ohmy:...…..my whole thing was to eat dinner and go to the show.

I believe he's referring to the Broadway Lounge on the 8th Floor of the Marquis Marriott in Times Square. It's a drink and "snack" option in the middle of the theater district, with a view of Times Square.

Which show are you seeing and which theater? Apologies if you've said, I just don't remember! 

55 minutes ago, markeb said:

I believe he's referring to the Broadway Lounge on the 8th Floor of the Marquis Marriott in Times Square. It's a drink and "snack" option in the middle of the theater district, with a view of Times Square.

Which show are you seeing and which theater? Apologies if you've said, I just don't remember! 

Hi, I am seeing BEAUTIFUL at The Sondheim Theater:classic_smile:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 6:24 PM, markeb said:

Sorry, off topic, but just wanted to tell you I LOVE your signature photo.  DH and I are huge fans.  😎😎

20 minutes ago, JuneauWhatIMean said:

Sorry, off topic, but just wanted to tell you I LOVE your signature photo.  DH and I are huge fans.  😎😎

OT as well, but you may be the first person who recognized it! January 29, 2016, River Tour in DC. From the pit...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

another Italian place is Orso which is next to Joe Allen’s and across from Becco , I perfer Becco but this is another option, read than Hillary Clinton was there last year before our trip. 

Hi George, I spoke with the Concierge at my hotel and he said there is an Italian Restaurant very close to the hotel called Da Claudio.  I went to their website and it looks really good.....family owned.  So, I may have time to have a good meal and make the show without rushing too much.   I fly out Tuesday morning so it is getting very close now:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George C said:

another Italian place is Orso which is next to Joe Allen’s and across from Becco , I perfer Becco but this is another option, read than Hillary Clinton was there last year before our trip. 

We are having dinner at Becco this Sunday evening before the same cruise that Lois will be on.

We are looking forward to it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bbqoug said:

We are having dinner at Becco this Sunday evening before the same cruise that Lois will be on.

We are looking forward to it.

There is a fun piano bar on same street don’t tell your mama

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Don't forget to post and tell us where you finally went to eat.

My wife and I are going to see Tootsie on Wednesday and I have been reading all the suggestions on this thread

Please let us know how Tootsie is, need to pick 3 or 4 plays to see for our nyc trip

Hi friends,:classic_biggrin: I am on my cruise........went to see BEAUTIFUL and it was fantastic:classic_biggrin:......Hotel was lovely and I had dinner at a place called Da Claudio, near the hotel on Ann Street.......very good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I will. We are seeing the Cher Show in May and 3 other plays in the next 2 months.

Cher show is also high on my short list , saw a great Cher cover show two weeks ago our rock and romance cruise , along with Peter Asher who produced some of her songs. We are in nyc weekend after Memorial Day. 

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Cher show is also high on my short list , saw a great Cher cover show two weeks ago our rock and romance cruise , along with Peter Asher who produced some of her songs. We are in nyc weekend after Memorial Day. 

4 minutes ago, George C said:

We will be seeing Hillary and Clinton,To Kill A Mockingbird,the show about the Temptations and a revival of My Fair Lady.

All sound great but hate theater with “ my fair lady “ saw sound pacific there a couple of years ago had there was no leg room , left at intermission, but I am 6 ‘ 4 , I have a list of theaters that I will not return to . 

2 minutes ago, George C said:

All sound great but hate theater with “ my fair lady “ saw sound pacific there a couple of years ago had there was no leg room , left at intermission, but I am 6 ‘ 4 , I have a list of theaters that I will not return to . 

I am 6'5 and I too have a list of theaters that I will not return to.Hillary and Clinton  will be in a theater that might be a seating problem for me but I expect the show to be unique. I believe I have been to every play that John Lithgow appeared it and he has always been great.

I admit to a bias because his son and wife are friends with one of my daughters and her husband.

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am 6'5 and I too have a list of theaters that I will not return to.Hillary and Clinton  will be in a theater that might be a seating problem for me but I expect the show to be unique. I believe I have been to every play that John Lithgow appeared it and he has always been great.

I admit to a bias because his son and wife are friends with one of my daughters and her husband.

Mr. and Mrs. Fitch (at 2nd Stage) wasn't all that good, even though we love the writer.