Recommended Italian restaurant near midtown Manhattan?

Odonpeg

8 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Tilting at windmills, Len?  😉

8 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Tilting at windmills, Len?  😉

That would be Miguel deCervantes. I am Lenquixote de Cervantes.

.My cousin Sam wrote the play A Prelude to Hamlet that opened in NYC ,off broadway.The play I wrote that I am referring to (I wrote others as well) was Let My People Go,not related to the movie of the same name .

On April 13, 2019 at 1:04 PM, George C said:

Please let us know how Tootsie is, need to pick 3 or 4 plays to see for our nyc trip

We saw Tootsie today with 42 other members of our theater club.The consensus opinion was that the show was good but not great.

For me the lead actor was nothing special but the lead actress had an amazing voice.

Several other actors were very good.I would recommend the play.

• Like 1

Hi folks, I got a reservation through OPEN TABLE and will be eating at Bond 45.......looks like it is right around the corner from the Theater (literally) 

On 4/18/2019 at 9:06 AM, lenquixote66 said:

I forgot to add that we and 4 members of our group ate at Junior's.My wife and I never ate there before. It is something that you only go to once ,I would think.

We have done juniors many times and normally like it, there are two locations in midtown original is in Brooklyn, last year there was a half a hour wait at 1130 pm. Since stage deli and Carnegie deli closed only Jewish deli in midtown area. 

Love Junior's plain cheesecake, have been to the one in Times Square; and have their cookbook; so I can bake my own version of their cheesecake

Edited by AF-1

19 hours ago, George C said:

We have done juniors many times and normally like it, there are two locations in midtown original is in Brooklyn, last year there was a half a hour wait at 1130 pm. Since stage deli and Carnegie deli closed only Jewish deli in midtown area. 

I lived in Brooklyn from birth till 2003 and went to Juniors in Brooklyn. for the first time in 2018

32 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I lived in Brooklyn from birth till 2003 and went to Juniors in Brooklyn. for the first time in 2018

Did you enjoy it?  I think their cheesecake is tough to beat. 

8 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Yes,I did and yes it is. Many years ago I was at Crosley Field and ate at a really good restaurant but I cannot recall the name. Friends and I went from Brooklyn to see the Mets play the Reds and drove back after the game.

wow Crosley field;  that is a long, long time ago.  Can not guess what restaurant you would have eaten at.  That ball park was not in downtown Cincy;  it was a few miles from the current stadium.  

3 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

wow Crosley field;  that is a long, long time ago.  Can not guess what restaurant you would have eaten at.  That ball park was not in downtown Cincy;  it was a few miles from the current stadium.  

3 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

It was in 1964 .The Reds had a great team that year as I am sure you know.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

It was in 1964 .The Reds had a great team that year as I am sure you know.

That is awesome.  In 1964 I was living in NJ and went to the Worlds Fair by LGA airport.

42 minutes ago, George C said:

I am also from Brooklyn and my first apartment was walking distance from juniors in Brooklyn, worked at A & S in IT department. 

42 minutes ago, George C said:

I am also from Brooklyn and my first apartment was walking distance from juniors in Brooklyn, worked at A & S in IT department. 

I worked at Korvettes,and could walk to Juniors but just never did.

Did you go to school in Brooklyn,if so where ?

I grew up in Crown Heights.

56 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

That is awesome.  In 1964 I was living in NJ and went to the Worlds Fair by LGA airport.

56 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I was also at the Worlds Fair in 1964. 

Went to worlds fair several times was in high school, lived in ridgewood and went to bushwick hs, went back to old neighborhood a couple of years with my buddies to show my wife the area. Oil company moved me to Dallas in 1982. 

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Went to worlds fair several times was in high school, lived in ridgewood and went to bushwick hs, went back to old neighborhood a couple of years with my buddies to show my wife the area. Oil company moved me to Dallas in 1982. 

I have a friend who grew up in Ridgewood and still lives there,on Stanhope St.

I went to a medical doctor who had an office in Bushwick,Dr.Rechnic.

20 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

My friends;  it is a small world after all.  So many of us have been to visit the Worlds Fair and Juniors; yet we are from different parts of the USA

My wife and I did a driving tour of the US. we were in about 10 cities in Texas and I believe 6 in Ohio.

On 4/20/2019 at 1:40 PM, AF-1 said:

My friends;  it is a small world after all.  So many of us have been to visit the Worlds Fair and Juniors; yet we are from different parts of the USA

Talk about small world we were in a resort in Mexico several years ago was talking to a couple at the pool severtimes over a few days then found out we all were at same high school at the same time, in Brooklyn.