Recommended Italian restaurant near midtown Manhattan?

Odonpeg

4 hours ago, George C said:

Talk about small world we were in a resort in Mexico several years ago was talking to a couple at the pool severtimes over a few days then found out we all were at same high school at the same time, in Brooklyn. 

4 hours ago, George C said:

Talk about small world we were in a resort in Mexico several years ago was talking to a couple at the pool severtimes over a few days then found out we all were at same high school at the same time, in Brooklyn. 

Several years ago on a cruise my wife and I were talking to a couple.He had a very distinctive southern accent. I jokingly said you must be from Brooklyn.His wife and I went to the same HS at the same time.

• Like 1

A restaurant question primarily to the east coast residents:

Friends of ours are coming from out of town to go to the theater  while they are in NYC. Somebody recommended Haswell Greens to them. It is on W.52 St.

I never heard of it ,it is not listed in my 2017 Zagat.My daughter who lives in Manhattan never heard of it. Friends who live on E.52 never heard of it.

Has anyone ever been there and if so would you recommend it.

Thanking you in advance.

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

A restaurant question primarily to the east coast residents:

Friends of ours are coming from out of town to go to the theater  while they are in NYC. Somebody recommended Haswell Greens to them. It is on W.52 St.

I never heard of it ,it is not listed in my 2017 Zagat.My daughter who lives in Manhattan never heard of it. Friends who live on E.52 never heard of it.

Has anyone ever been there and if so would you recommend it.

Thanking you in advance.

Hi Lenny, I decided to google it and then went to Trip Advisor...….gets good reviews.....looks like they have "show after show" stuff.....Wed through Sunday they are open till 4am...…….so a restaurant/club maybe?

Never heard of it. Menu looks kind of generic, but a slightly interesting setting? I'd have a hard time recommending that over the usual Theater District/8th Avenue suspects. If they trust the recommenders, and the recommenders know them, I might go for it, but...

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from four days in NYC with my adult son.  We saw “Wicked” and “Hamilton”, which were both fantastic!  We didn’t have a bad meal the whole time.  We ate at The View in the Marriott Marquis, Gallagher’s, Joe Allen, Osteria al Doge, Bill’s Burgers and Junior’s.  Big fun!!!!   Our favorite was Gallagher’s for the food and the vibe.  

• Like 1

Gallagher’s is about a hundred years old was a speakeasy , excellent bar that pours really great drinks , also great steaks , we go there daily when in town since our hotel is two blocks away . Just weeks away .

50 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

What kind of food does Gallagher’s serve

Yes, Gallagher’s is a Steakhouse.  We went for lunch before seeing “Wicked”.  They offer a prix-fixed three course lunch for $29.  My son had Manhattan Clam Chowder and I had a Wedge Salad.  He had sliced filet over caramelized onions and mushrooms, while I had Chicken Paillard.  He had NY cheesecake and I had Key Lime Pie.  All delish!  Next time, we want to try Gallagher’s for dinner.  The restaurant has a very cool vibe.  

5 hours ago, antmaril said:

Yes, Gallagher’s is a Steakhouse.  We went for lunch before seeing “Wicked”.  They offer a prix-fixed three course lunch for $29.  My son had Manhattan Clam Chowder and I had a Wedge Salad.  He had sliced filet over caramelized onions and mushrooms, while I had Chicken Paillard.  He had NY cheesecake and I had Key Lime Pie.  All delish!  Next time, we want to try Gallagher’s for dinner.  The restaurant has a very cool vibe.  

5 hours ago, antmaril said:

I just posted on another thread ,we had planned to go to Gallaghers yesterday,we usually go there when going to the theater in the area.However,yesterday we went to Hazwell Green which is next door to the theater where Cher is playing. The menus are posted outside.Very reasonable and delicious food.