A few galveston questions

finzup-kt

Best hotel (with shuttle) to stay with kids ages 3 and 6

We're arriving in HOU at 10:30am, so figure we have 1/2 a day to spend in Galveston.

I know Moody Gardens is not on the beach area but is there enough stuff to do there? What (if any) are transport options (other than Uber/taxi) from moody gardens to the downtown or to the main beach street? (sorry if I'm not referring to the right names).

Are there any cool boutique style hotels?

In general are there any bus/shuttle options around the area? (I'm not bringing car seat)

Best activities to do at the end of the cruise - we don't have to be back to HOU until about 4:30pm I read about cruise stop holding luggage -- is there anything around there or will we have to taxi/uber?

Thank you!

There is enough to keep you busy at Moody Gardens all day !

But Galveston Trolley will take to all tourist destinations for a dollar .

And Moody Gardens has transfer bus limo that take you anywhere on Island also.

Lots to do in Galveston and for a short list: .

See galveston.com

galvestonhistory.org

Bishops Palace

Moody Mansion

Moody Children Museum

Pier21.com

Bryan Museum

Pleasure Pier

Train Museum

La Kings

Oil and Gas Museum

Submarine and Destroyer Museum

There is enough to keep you busy at Moody Gardens all day !

But Galveston Trolley will take to all tourist destinations for a dollar .

And Moody Gardens has transfer bus limo that take you anywhere on Island also.

Lots to do in Galveston and for a short list: .

See galveston.com

galvestonhistory.org

Bishops Palace

Moody Mansion

Moody Children Museum

Pier21.com

Bryan Museum

Pleasure Pier

Train Museum

La Kings

Oil and Gas Museum

Submarine and Destroyer Museum

Thank you. Are there any other hotels you would recommend? Since there's so much to do and we have such a short time, is it better to be in the beach / pier area or at moody gardens?

Thank you. Are there any other hotels you would recommend? Since there's so much to do and we have such a short time, is it better to be in the beach / pier area or at moody gardens?

Will you be focused on kids activities or own ? some hotels require two night stays if you are coming in on a Saturday for one night . When are you arriving month and day of week ?

Best hotel (with shuttle) to stay with kids ages 3 and 6

We're arriving in HOU at 10:30am, so figure we have 1/2 a day to spend in Galveston.

I know Moody Gardens is not on the beach area but is there enough stuff to do there? What (if any) are transport options (other than Uber/taxi) from moody gardens to the downtown or to the main beach street? (sorry if I'm not referring to the right names).

Are there any cool boutique style hotels?

In general are there any bus/shuttle options around the area? (I'm not bringing car seat)

Best activities to do at the end of the cruise - we don't have to be back to HOU until about 4:30pm I read about cruise stop holding luggage -- is there anything around there or will we have to taxi/uber?

Thank you!

You say you want to know about a cool Boutique Hotel.

Try the Tremont house.

It's a nice hotel. It has a jazz bar downstairs with a Starbucks. Has a rooftop bar, which is fantastic at night. And you won't even need a car to get around,because you're in the middle of everything.

They're not going to have all the entertainment for the kids though like Moody Gardens. We stop by frequently for cocktails and Rooftop Bar visit. I can't say I've seen small kids around there, but there are plenty of teenagers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy, using speech to text.

Will you be focused on kids activities or own ? some hotels require two night stays if you are coming in on a Saturday for one night . When are you arriving month and day of week ?

more on kid activities. we are arriving on a saturday for 1 night.

thanks again

You say you want to know about a cool Boutique Hotel.

Try the Tremont house.

It's a nice hotel. It has a jazz bar downstairs with a Starbucks. Has a rooftop bar, which is fantastic at night. And you won't even need a car to get around,because you're in the middle of everything.

They're not going to have all the entertainment for the kids though like Moody Gardens. We stop by frequently for cocktails and Rooftop Bar visit. I can't say I've seen small kids around there, but there are plenty of teenagers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy, using speech to text.

thanks I'll check it out.

• 3 weeks later...
My girls loved the pool at hotel gakvez. great location near pleasure pier and right by the water. the tremont doesnt have a pool, but you can use hotel galvez since they are sister properties.

Thanks. I couldn't book because it was enforcing a 2 night minimum.. (it allowed me to book if I put 2 nights, but if I put in 1 night, it said sold out).

I ended up booking the Sheraton which I think is also near pleasure pier.

What is the best way to get from George Bush Intl Airport to Galveston?

Galveston Express

Galveston Limo.

Super Shuttle.

Action Limo.

Galveston Cruise Transfers Co.

Uber.

Cabs.

Lyft.

Cruise lines provide transfers only on same days of cruises

In town service with Cabs, Uber, Lyft, hotel in-house transfers , and Galveston Trolleys