Port Fatigue - Caribbean

watson61

I'm wondering how many of you long-time cruisers stay on the ship when the port is one you've been to many many times. I'm at that point with St. Maarten, Nassau and Labadee. I recently went on Allure with family and had a great time, but I was tempted to stay onboard at St. Maarten and Labadee. My family had never been to those ports so I got off with them, but next time I don't think I will.

Allure is a party all on its own so it's not like I would've been bored.

We have seen enough of Puerto Rico so will probably stay onboard on our Dec. Anthem. We get off if we need something from CVS! We did a B2B in April and skipped the second Labadee stop and enjoyed an empty Harmony. St. Martin is 50-50, depends on weather.

Good thread You started!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, it depends on the port (which everyone is going to have differing opinions on) and when it is during the cruise.

Ports on the last day are the worst IMO. I want a long relaxing last day. Nassau (or somewhere in the Bahamas) tends to be on the last day on a good amount of itineraries because it is so close to Florida. I would stay on the ship every time. First, I don't care for Nassau, and I detest the thought of going to port and then still having to pack that night. Too busy on our last day.

We'll also skip Puerto Rico.

We've really come to appreciate the sea days. Like you said, you can get port fatigue. We sound awfully spoiled saying that though. :(

Dan

• Like 2

I'm wondering how many of you long-time cruisers stay on the ship when the port is one you've been to many many times. I'm at that point with St. Maarten, Nassau and Labadee. I recently went on Allure with family and had a great time, but I was tempted to stay onboard at St. Maarten and Labadee. My family had never been to those ports so I got off with them, but next time I don't think I will.

Allure is a party all on its own so it's not like I would've been bored.

Try some new itineraries!!!!

Have you been to the southern Caribbean yet?

• Thanks 1

Not sure if Im a long time cruiser or not. 10 years. Coming up on 8th cruise. I will NOT get off the ship in Nassau and Cozumel is quickly becoming a stay on the ship port as well. Im not much on excursions because the simple fact that there arent many accessible excursions available and I LOVE enjoying the mostly empty ship all day. Its the only time when I actually use and enjoy the swimming pool.

We will never get tired of any Caribbean port and have been to most all of them many times. Sometimes we'll just go ashore for a couple hours to shop and/or have lunch. But there is plenty of time to enjoy the ship and we enjoy getting off no matter where it is.

We spend a week most years in Fort Myers, not going to sit at the hotel/condo 24 hours a day just because we've been there before............:rolleyes:

Depends on various factors such as the weather, if we are in the middle of a string of ports, if we can snorkel (that never gets old) and if there is something specific we want to do in a port that is new to us. The only time we tend to stay on board for the entire port stop is turn around day of a B2B. Otherwise we usually get off even if it is for a very short time.

Re: Cozumel, repeating excursions/tired of a port?

I have done the Cozumel Bar Hop either 3 or 4 times.

http://www.cozumelbarhop.com

I have done RC’s Mexican Cooking Workshop (at Playa Mia) more times than I can count. Seriously. I’m practically godmother to Luis’ children 😄😊😊

• Like 1

I'm going on my second cruise in November and from what I can see, all the shore excursions are essentially the same. The better-half and I are thinking that this might be the last time we get off the board for shore excursions; the boat is the destination in our mind.

I'm going on my second cruise in November and from what I can see, all the shore excursions are essentially the same. The better-half and I are thinking that this might be the last time we get off the board for shore excursions; the boat is the destination in our mind.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Maybe give it more than one cruise to swear off going into port? 😉 😉

I always get off at every port and where possible I rent a vehicle and go exploring, the few hours spent at many of these ports in my view will never be enough when finding new things to experience. I cruise for the destinations and the ship for me is just a hotel room at sea.