MDR Menu substitutions

BlueLadyBlue

I have never seen a problem with customizing the order. You can order any vegetables that are listed on the menu for any other main course instead of the ones listed for the main course you order.

It does take the waiter more time. Instead of going to the kitchen and grabbing an already prepared plate, the waiter would have to place the special order and then wait for it to be prepared. However, this is a normal part of the waiter's job.

If you have any food allergies that are serious enough to be bothered by cross contamination by the waiter removing something from the plate, then you shouldn't be ordering from the waiter anyway. Anyone with allergies should be ordering from the head waiter the day before. Then they will have exactly what you want ready for you with no cross contamination.

I remember ordering the volcano on a cruise last year and surprising my tablemates. They had never seen one before, which was surprising since they were among the most-traveled passengers on that cruise.

I ordered one and our tablemates ordered them the next night. The table next to us ordered them, too, and I may have started a trend!

None of them had heard of the volcano.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This might only be me, but I ask for menu substitutions in moderation. I do often ask for gravy or sauce on the side because too much or the wrong taste can ruin a meal for me. This has always been done with a smile, by the way. But other things, such as a little more broccoli, I stay away from. I do believe the meals are produced in assembly line fashion and it is extra work to make changes. So if something is not likely to ruin my meal, I leave it as is.

or better yet...ask for two plates of the meal :) I believe in gaining 10 lbs each cruise

Oh yeah. We were on a B2B (43 days) and his tables were next to our table.

When we walked in for dinner ... he would literally run over & pull out my chair, offer us water, smile, smile, smile for about 40 days. It was fun. ;)

LOL, a bit of stinker you are