Reflection Aqua Cabin 1605 - Is it Beneath Over Hang?

taylortime05

Hi - I have read a lot of messages on CC about Aqua cabins being in undesirable locations and beneath an over hang.

We are in cabin 1605 for a 14 night this Dec on Reflection. It is 1st angled cabin right after hump and there are cabins above us.

Is it beneath an over hang? Is there anything else not desirable about the location? I thought it was very nice cabin choice.

Thanks for your feedback.

The Lido deck, two decks above yours, is wider than the mid-ship cabins on all of the decks. The only cabins that do not have an overhang are those on the straight part of the hump. Since your cabin is next to the straight hump cabins you will only have a small overhang - the left corner of your balcony will have no overhang while the right corner of the balcony will have about 3 to 4 feet overhang. But the overhang is two decks up, so not at all noticeable. In addition the struts supporting the Lido deck that make a small obstructed view for the mid-ship cabins on your deck are not near you cabin.

About the only negative I can think of with your cabin is that your balcony is partially forward facing so will get some wind from the forward movement of the ship.

Have a great cruise.

I found an old post asking about the overhang of Reflection 1605 (titled "AQ 1605 on Reflection. Support beams on balcony?") that elena7seas answered with a picture that might help you too:

(Notice she says 1605 is a great cabin, as does xport who answered in the link below :D)

I was on the Solstice in December, in AQ 1552, and that cabin has the same overhang as 1605. This photo shows the overhang:

451759896_DCzpX-L.jpg

At the left side, there is very little overhang, but the amount increases as the balcony angles back. This picture was taken at c. 1:00 pm, when the sun was high in the sky. There was more sun on the deck later in the afternoon.

There are other pictures of the deck, and the adjoining cabin overhang, on my webpage, as well as detailed pictures of the storage in the stateroom:

http://leftcoasters.smugmug.com/gallery/7051726_Pzoiv#451759896_DCzpX

1605 is a great cabin and a great location.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1908746&highlight=1605

Hi - I have read a lot of messages on CC about Aqua cabins being in undesirable locations and beneath an over hang.

We are in cabin 1605 for a 14 night this Dec on Reflection. It is 1st angled cabin right after hump and there are cabins above us.

Is it beneath an over hang? Is there anything else not desirable about the location? I thought it was very nice cabin choice.

Thanks for your feedback.

Click here to go over to cruisedeckplans' reflections page where you can stack decks and see things for yourself...I find it really handy

I found an old post asking about the overhang of Reflection 1605 (titled "AQ 1605 on Reflection. Support beams on balcony?") that elena7seas answered with a picture that might help you too:

(Notice she says 1605 is a great cabin, as does xport who answered in the link below :D)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1908746&highlight=1605

The Solstice 1552 is not the same as the OP's cabin since 1552 on the Solstice is directly below the pool deck. On the Reflection, there is an additional deck between the OP's cabin and the pool deck; so what little overhang there is will be much less noticeable than what is shown in the picture.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser