Cruise Critic Community
PelicanBill

TD 8 and TD 9

I will start individual threads when these TDs, Tropical Depressions, become named storms.... wish it were "If" but seems certain now.

TD8 is following a Florence like path, WNW, and is expected to reach hostile conditions that will prevent development in the 5 day timeframe. We can hope it turns north and proves to be no threat.

TD9 worries me. The fact that TD8 is ahead of it will steer it more due West and toward the Caribbean windward/leeward islands. On Wednesday it will be on the doorstep of everyone from Guadaloupe to Grenada and Barbados. And a reminder, 5 days is a long time for a storm and it could take a turn anywhere yet.

Stay tuned

TD 9 is the one to watch for if you have a Caribbean cruise booked later this season ... or next.

DmiVWenXgAAcSBR.jpg

Yup. Nine has me worried, as that's in the area of my cruise next week.

Can it go south and hit Venezuela instead?

Yup, TD 9 is worrisome. No change really in TD9 forecast. Helene is now forecast to hold on more strong than forecast last night, but, not much of a threat. I will be plotting exact island by island threat when it becomes named and is 2-3 days from impact.

Not going to start a thread for Helene at this point unless it turns and becomes a threat.

No change for Helene. Expect it to curve northward in the open ocean and lose strength for next 5 days.

Yup, TD 9 is worrisome. No change really in TD9 forecast.
You mean Issac, right? TD9 is now called Isaac.

That’s what I’m worried about. Supposed to be doing eastern itinerary starting the 16th. Do we have any idea if it heads towards the U.S. Virgin Islands when that will be?

You mean Issac' date=' right? TD9 is now called Isaac.[/quote']

oops, I repeated it. But it got its name so yes!

That’s what I’m worried about. Supposed to be doing eastern itinerary starting the 16th. Do we have any idea if it heads towards the U.S. Virgin Islands when that will be?

Come on over to the Isaac thread for updates there. After it crosses the leeward/windward island chain, there is a lot of uncertainty.

Most are expecting Isaac to churn a bit further westward and then for some steering... models are very divergent though. One model shows at 5 days (15th) it could be affecting Puerto Rico or Haiti/Dominican Republic or passing south of it... a few model runs show a sharper curve over the Virgin Islands but I doubt that will happen. The other major model has Isaac falling apart after passing the island chain and breaking up into a depression that would only be a rain and wind event with perhaps a little localized flooding.

Post over on the Isaac thread with your ship and sailing date and I will try to be more specific.