Braemar: return from the Caribbean, March 14, 2019

ShelaghL

I see you have already posted this on the roll call section, which is where it should be, so no point posting here as well. Sadly there is not much activity on Fred's roll calls so you may get little or no response - that is normal with Fred cruises. This section is for people who want advice on Fred or want to make a comment regards his cruises.

Hope you enjoy your cruise though clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope you enjoy it and it will be the first of many.  We've done this cruise a number of times and have sailed with Fred on numerous occasions - it's our favourite cruise line as the ships are small and staff very friendly.  If there's anything you'd like to know do please ask.  

Shelagh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

IMO Thomas Cook flight was the best regarding food

Some people don't like the seats as think they are non reclineble but on the outward flight no problems.

FYI--wifi for the full cruise is £6 per day unlimited--lots of sea days so if you need to keep in touch with someone etc is is worthwhile --Total £96.

We are travelling in the premium cabin and I've been assured by Fred. Olsen that the seats do recline - don't know if that's the same for the non premium.  We had a Thomas Cook charter flight last year with P&O and it was the worst flight we'd ever done as far as seat comfort was concerned, hence paying to upgrade on this flight.  As it was a short flight (to Malta) food wasn't included so we can't comment on that as we took our own!

The wi-fi is very good value compared to some other cruise lines.

Thanks all, very useful. Apparently for the Christmas cruise you have to go on a waitlist for premium, so no prices available, very helpful NOT. Still deciding whether to book so now have to decide without the price and if we can cope with economy if too dear or too many want it 😀😀 decisions decisions ✈️✈️✈️🛳️🛳️🛳️😀😀😀

30 minutes ago, ShelaghL said:

Just found this video on the Thomas Cook website - it looks like there is a small recline in economy.  Generous pitch - 31" - many charter flights are 29" 

Pp

Edited by Sandra H
Tried to remove video but can't

That again is generous compared to P&O - I think we had 20kg last year hold luggage and 5kg hand.  Just for info - in premium it's 30kg hold and 10kg hand - the most generous luggage allowance we've ever had.

Sandra - our one way upgrade was around £240, so would obviously be double for return flights and may have gone up in price as most things do!

Apparently P&O are using TUI for their charter flights this coming summer to Malta and not Thomas Cook as they did last year.  Have just done a return flight with TUI - to and from the Caribbean.  Again in premium - excellent service, very good food - 4 course dinner with proper cutlery not plastic - though recline on the seats, we felt, was limited even in premium. 

Hi -  the cabin next door (6051) has a fully restricted view, so it could be worse I suppose!  The cabin will be a standard cabin but you have one of the lifeboats in front of your window - it will still let in light, but you may not be able to see a great deal.  It is the front of the lifeboat in front of your window - the other side (6045) is a balcony suite with no restrictions so it may not be too bad - sorry I can't be of more help.  On the website, on the photo of Braemar it does look like the window looks over the top of the lifeboat.  I'm assuming you booked an anchor fare and didn't have a choice of cabin? 

Hi - will be bigger than the inside cabins, though Braemar does have the smallest cabins in the fleet.  Our neighbour is travelling with us and she is likely to be in a restricted view on deck 6  - I don't know if she knows her cabin yet, but should be soon as we must be getting our luggage labels in the next week or so. We're on deck 7 so just above. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not long to go now!  Have got the suitcase down and clothes sorted.  We are staying in the Hilton the night before - anyone else staying there?  It's really convenient as it's just a short walk to the terminal - we stayed there last year.

Shelagh