Departure flight time

Pinkgapefruit

Flight question! Our flight to go home after our cruise is at 11:50am from MCO. I believe Disney does not recommend taking flights before 12:30, so I’m wondering if this leaves us enough time. Please keep in mind that this is an international flight.Thanks!

Two things comes to my mind, what if something happens and you disembark later than the time specified. Also, you would have to be at the airport at least 3 hours before, traffic and other delays could happen. What if you miss the cutoff time to check luggage and or check in. Personally I wouldn’t want to be stressed in that way after an enjoyable trip.

So, you'd be required to be checked in at the airport by 8:50 since your flight is international. The lines at MCO can range from virtually nothing to standing in line for an hour. Assuming no traffic, it takes about 45 minutes from the terminal to the airport, so you'd need to be in your transportation vehicle by 8:00. The earliest normal disembarkation is 7:30, and you still have to go thru Customs.

Translation: you are really pushing it IF everything goes perfectly. All it would take is a short delay at any point in the process and you could miss your flight. An accident on the beach line can tie up the road significantly. A delay in clearing the ship (which has happened to us at least 3 times on DCL) can mess up disembarkation. Sure, I get that if you check in 2 1/2 hours before your flight instead of 3 hours, the airline MIGHT let you go.....or they might enforce policies. I wouldn't chance it.

I 'd to do a 12:20. That could be a pretty important 30 minute difference.

I'd still plan to get off the ship ASAP, knowing that you might sit for a significant time at the airport. It is MUCH better to be there and waiting than to be hoping you're checked in on time. Note to readers--on board check in is not available for international flights. That step will need to be done at the airport.