Carol28

A few questions from a newbie to experienced American River Cruise people

Which trip would be best to start our travels in middle America? We've already been to Nashville and Louisville and New Orleans. We enjoy walking around pretty towns.

Is there a Presidential library in any of the stops?

What time is early and late dinner?

What type of entertainment is on board and how often? The website says "Broadway style."

What is the average age group? 60-70? 70-80?

Are the ships well kept?

Someone mentioned that when it rained, the stateroom carpets were wet. Anyone else experience this?

Are the staffs on board terrific?

That's enough for now. I appreciate all of your responses to see if this is a cruise for us.

Just off AQ 9/3 and can answer a few of your questions. Early dinner is at 5:15, late at 7:45. You have the option to dine at the Front Porch Buffet and in the J.M. White Dining room there is a nice buffet should you not care for the menu. Not sure about Presidential Libraries None on ours Memphis to St Louis. Entertainment not Broadway every night but very good. There is a great piano player in the Captains Bar each night and late night entertainment in the Engine Room Bar.

I would say 60-70 age group about right. The boat was in great shape, our cabin, 412 was beautiful. No rain on our trip so unable to comment. We found the Staff to the person to be excellent and very welcoming. You will love the Hop-On Hop-Off busses which offer free tours at each port. Also consider free Ice Cream, popcorn, juices and free bottled water in the cabin each day. This was our first riverboat cruise after 40+ large ship cruises. I can't wait to go back on the riverboats again. Hope this helped.

Yes, you did! That's a very early time for dinner. We've also been on 30+ regular cruises and one European river cruise. I'm so glad you were happy.

Hi, we are also cruising on the American Queen in Feb from New Orleans to Memphis. Lots of ocean cruises, but first river cruise and so excited.

I have a few questions  

We have 5.15pm dinner . Did you find it a rush to get there after the day tours? 

Do you have the same table for dinner each night & so the same table mates & waiters?

What time are the shows?

Thanks

Tanya