NCL Spirit to Canary Islands in December

WeBeCruisinMon

I’m looking to book the NCL Spirit out of Barcelona to the Canary Islands December 2-13. Has anyone done this itinerary before and have any feedback?

Any feedback on this ship for those of you have recent sailed on it? I’ve heard it is the oldest and smallest, we don’t normally go for the ship but more for the ports.

Has anyone gone to the Canary Islands in December? What type of weather can we expect?

Is there a thread on here giving the menus for this ship? Specifically the Blue Lagoon?

Thank you!!

I’m looking to book the NCL Spirit out of Barcelona to the Canary Islands December 2-13. Has anyone done this itinerary before and have any feedback?

Any feedback on this ship for those of you have recent sailed on it? I’ve heard it is the oldest and smallest, we don’t normally go for the ship but more for the ports.

Has anyone gone to the Canary Islands in December? What type of weather can we expect?

Is there a thread on here giving the menus for this ship? Specifically the Blue Lagoon?

Thank you!!

We sailed the Canary Islands in November last year - weather was very good with temperatures in the mid 70s apart from the day in Madeira which was drizzly and cool; we were lucky and had smooth sea across the Madeira but people on the week before and after had VERY rough crossings. This year we are sailing 7-14 December (Tenerife, Gran Canaria, La Gomera, Madeira, Lanzarote, Fuengirola, Tenerife) and have been told temperatures should be slightly higher but to expect more wind.

Sorry can't help with any ship info.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw your post. We did this itinerary on the Norwegian Spirit last January. The weather in January was pleasantly warm and sunny, we just needed light jackets. It rained a little one day, but it's a matter of luck.

Loved the itinerary, the Canary Islands are great and have pleasant weather all year round.

The Norwegian Spirit is an older ship, it's not luxury. It's medium sized, approx 2000 people, so it doesn't take long to get anywhere. You have everything you need, and it's all in good condition. Rooms are smallish by today's standards. Food is NCL standard (don't know if you've cruised with them before), quite good, with a wide choice of restaurants. Entertainment was very good. We were very pleased with the cruise, as the price was reasonable.

The Canary Islands have a sub tropical climate with good weather all year round. There is only a small variation between summer and winter and the seasons are practically impossible to define.

To get around I would hire a car with CICAR. They are a reputable Canarian company and have offices in the ports. Their cars are new and well maintained. Car hire in the Canaries is reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To get around I would hire a car with CICAR. They are a reputable Canarian company and have offices in the ports. Their cars are new and well maintained. Car hire in the Canaries is reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll second that recommendation - honest, professional, no mountain of add-ons, no hard-selling of options & upgrades

I do wish that US rental agencies were anywhere near as easy to deal with.

And car rental is the way to go, with the exceptions of La Gomera (too small) and Madeira (enough to see & do in Funchal)

Won't be hot in November but usually pleasantly warm

JB :)