Transportation to cruise line

ocean waves

Hi, we are traveling to Disneyworld first, my husband is flying in after our resort stay, here is my dilemma. We are at the resort and the cruise line wants $70 per person round trip to get to the ship and then the airport, my husband will be going to the ship from the airport with no transportation available from the cruise line, so how does it work for us to get round trip resort to ship, ship to airport, and my husband airport to ship and all of us to the airport after the cruise? Confusing I know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, we are traveling to Disneyworld first, my husband is flying in after our resort stay, here is my dilemma. We are at the resort and the cruise line wants $70 per person round trip to get to the ship and then the airport, my husband will be going to the ship from the airport with no transportation available from the cruise line, so how does it work for us to get round trip resort to ship, ship to airport, and my husband airport to ship and all of us to the airport after the cruise? Confusing I know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DCL provides transportation from WDW resorts to port; MCO to port; port to MCO; port to WDW resorts at $35.00 per person each way.

Since you've already made your cruise reservations, you must call DCL to arrange this.

Each "leg" is booked separately at $35 per person. You (or your TA if you used one) calls DCL and tells them your information--which resort, which flight, etc. You book for yourself and whoever else is going to WDW for resort to ship. For husband, you book MCO to ship. For all of you, you book ship back to MCO.

Alternately, you could rent a car from one of the locations in or near WDW, drive to the airport to pick up husband, and drive all of you to Port Canaveral. In Florida there is no additional charge for a one way rental and you pay for 24 hours of use. You can turn in the car to a Port Canaveral location (some companies are in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach) and take their free shuttle back to the ship. Then you can decide whether you want to use DCL transportation back to the airport or rent a car for that as well. On big advantage of using DCL on the way home, IF you are on a "participating airline" is that your bags can be checked in while on the ship and you'll get your boarding passes in your cabin. At the airport, you go straight to security and check in at the gate. It's very nice. Southwest is not a participating airline. Most others are. There is no additional charge for this onboard airline check in service, but you must be using DCL transportation to get it.