Celebrity Equinox Cabin 8220

VaAnne

We are about to book a cruise on the Celebrity Equinox in June 2019 and have tentatively selected cabin 8220, on the Vista Deck (deck 8). Has anyone stayed in that cabin? I am hoping it's not an obstructed view; not mentioned on the deck plan but then I saw it's a category 2C.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. 8220 is a 1C, 3 decks above the lifeboats. No obstruction. Don't know if you have sailed with Celebrity before or not but if you have, you can get a one category upgrade for no extra (some exclusions). You could get a 1B for the price of a 1C.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. 8220 is a 1C, 3 decks above the lifeboats. No obstruction. Don't know if you have sailed with Celebrity before or not but if you have, you can get a one category upgrade for no extra (some exclusions). You could get a 1B for the price of a 1C.

8220 shows as a 1B on the deckplans on several websites including Celebrity's.

Weird. Everywhere I look it is 1C. The reason I was so sure is that I am in 8227 on Friday, the other side of the ship, but close, and I am in a 1C.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/celebrity-equinox-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=382&deck=8

Guess they reclassified them and didn't bother to change the deckplan on the Celebrity website - surprise, surprise!

But does not explain why my big box TA website has 8220 as a 1B for a July 2019 sailing at $100 pp more than the forward 1C deck 8 cabins!

Ah Ha! The reclassification is the other way around, just checked a fall 2018 and 8220 on the big box is a 1C, but for the 2019 cruise its a 1B!

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

Guess they reclassified them and didn't bother to change the deckplan on the Celebrity website - surprise, surprise!

But does not explain why my big box TA website has 8220 as a 1B for a July 2019 sailing at $100 pp more than the forward 1C deck 8 cabins!

Ah Ha! The reclassification is the other way around, just checked a fall 2018 and 8220 on the big box is a 1C, but for the 2019 cruise its a 1B!

You know, I was wondering if that was how it was. How sneaky to change the category and then they can charge $100 more. So we were both right.....one of us (you) is just more modern than the other (me)!! Would that be part of modern luxury? Yes, the website is a conundrum.

Change of subject.....we are all worrying about you North Carolina people and we sure do hope the storm won't be as bad as forecasted. Scary times for you all. Keep safe.

You know, I was wondering if that was how it was. How sneaky to change the category and then they can charge $100 more. So we were both right.....one of us (you) is just more modern than the other (me)!! Would that be part of modern luxury? Yes, the website is a conundrum.

Change of subject.....we are all worrying about you North Carolina people and we sure do hope the storm won't be as bad as forecasted. Scary times for you all. Keep safe.

Thanks

We are in the far West of NC so will not get much wind; just a lot of rain probably.

Enjoyed Vancouver back in July. Took in all the standard tourist spots; but also saw Mama Mia! there right after going to Bin 4 Burger Lounge. Great burgers and wonderful show.

• 2 months later...

Hi, would anyone know about Celebrity Solstice cabin 8220, others I’m considering are 8249, 8241, 8245 or 8299, for quietness, no staff/maintenance doors etc, Thankyou if you can help, at this stage just myself in the Cabin, non smoker, and if you know whether the bed is near the balcony or not.

11 hours ago, cruiser 9 said:

Hi, would anyone know about Celebrity Solstice cabin 8220, others I’m considering are 8249, 8241, 8245 or 8299, for quietness, no staff/maintenance doors etc, Thankyou if you can help, at this stage just myself in the Cabin, non smoker, and if you know whether the bed is near the balcony or not.

8220 and 8249 pretty much the same/same.  One on the port side and the other on the starboard.

They re categorized them to 1B's when they took the previous 1B's on the flat side of the hump and made them 1A's.

I would not take 8241/45/99 and stick with either 8220 or 8249.  Flip a coin.  Both have the same size balconies and have bed by the balcony, and are in close proximity of the elevators.   I would take 8220 as it is on Starboard side and smoking is right below 9248 on the port side.  You may or may not smell any affect of smoke, but if you don't like smoking, go with 8220.