Credit card insurance

HCI

Hi

Traveling over to the US and the Americas

Have paid for the trip with my NAB visa Platinum card

it has insurance attached to it

Has any only relied on the Travel insurance attached to this card, or do they take out another insurance policy as well

Many Thanks

Hi

Has any only relied on the Travel insurance attached to this card, or do they take out another insurance policy as well

Many Thanks

Prior to the credit cards all changing their supplier to Allianz I always used them for the past 15 years with no problem (and thefts paid out) but I suggest you read then thread above pre existing travel insurance it is very interesting and may answer your question

Hi

Many Thanks

Does NAB require you to pay ALL your travel costs on the credit card to be covered? This aspect is different with different banks and I have an idea NAB requires all costs to be on the card, but you would need to check this. ANZ require $250 to be paid on the card. If you have to pay for all the travel costs on the card, what do they regard as 'travel costs'? Air fares obviously and probably your accommodation or tour costs, but do you have to pay for all extras - meals etc on the card?

I have paid all trip by my credit card:)

That is your expenses so far. Do you have to use the card for your expenses in North America? This is easy to do if you are aware that you have to do it. There was a mention here on this forum a year or two ago about someone who had their claim rejected because they did not use their NAB card for one night's accommodation while they were away.

That is your expenses so far. Do you have to use the card for your expenses in North America? This is easy to do if you are aware that you have to do it. There was a mention here on this forum a year or two ago about someone who had their claim rejected because they did not use their NAB card for one night's accommodation while they were away.

Hi Evon HSBS also say they want the 90% payment of the return fares paid but whatever you do while abroad paid however you like is also covered the just want the return fare

On the Celebrity Cruises forum there is a intensive thread on travel insurance with existing conditions including CC travel insurance. Suggest one pops over and reads it. Whilst CC travel insurance is free and can meet a lot of instances it may not meet all. It would pay to read the fine print very closely. This is particularly important if one has pre existing conditions. Pre existing conditions must be declared unless the fine print says that the particular condition is covered

Hi

Many Thanks

I copied this from NAB site

Overseas travel insurance

To be eligible, you’ll need to spend at least $500 on pre-paid transport, tours, and/or accommodation on your NAB card and you were 90 years or under before you take off.

Who’s covered?

You, your spouse and any dependent children travelling with you.

Think this is very clear you only need to spend $500 with the card.

I always use this type of insurance

Cheers Carole

On the Celebrity Cruises forum there is a intensive thread on travel insurance with existing conditions including CC travel insurance. Suggest one pops over and reads it. Whilst CC travel insurance is free and can meet a lot of instances it may not meet all. It would pay to read the fine print very closely. This is particularly important if one has pre existing conditions. Pre existing conditions must be declared unless the fine print says that the particular condition is covered

Thanks, this is relevant to me as I have just lodged an insurance claim for cancellation due to pre existing condition that I had approved. I would really like to read the above info but cant find it. Call me technolgy challenged and you will be very correct.

Could you please post the link to the thread. thanks

I always buy additional insurance for the US. It is one place you do not want to be under insured. I have only had to claim once and it was for two gp type visits when my son got a perforated eardrum from the flight and that was over $500 over ten years ago. I might be paranoid but I sleep easier with a specific policy. I can't remember who that policy was with but they paid up.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Forums mobile app

Thanks, this is relevant to me as I have just lodged an insurance claim for cancellation due to pre existing condition that I had approved. I would really like to read the above info but cant find it. Call me technolgy challenged and you will be very correct.

Could you please post the link to the thread. thanks

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2660095

This morning I rang Allianz re cover on our ANZ Platinum Card - Travel Insurance. Cruise/Land travel, Sydney to Hawaii next year. I was declined cover on pre existing heart condition - Atrial Fibrilliation. Strange the previous insurer QBE accepted me.

Such is life, had to buy a policy with NRMA - Covermore. :evilsmile: On line assessment re pre existing.:p

I do not like Allianz. They seem tough on heart conditions - travel to USA and age.

Uncle les

They are tough on just about everything. I quickly booked a trip to usa before the change over from qbe to allianz knowing my pre existing would be covered with QBE but not Allianz.

Had to cancel due to one of the pre existing conditions. Lodged my claim last week.

Good luck to everyone trying to get cover for pre existings.

Interesting CBA c card insurance is changing from allianz to Covermore underwritten by Zurich on 1 October. Neither cba covermore or Zurich will give me any info til after 1 oct.

Insure and go seem reasonable can get 20% groupon discount.

Check out wombats comments.

Uncle les

They are tough on just about everything. I quickly booked a trip to usa before the change over from qbe to allianz knowing my pre existing would be covered with QBE but not Allianz.

Had to cancel due to one of the pre existing conditions. Lodged my claim last week.

Interesting CBA c card insurance is changing from allianz to Covermore underwritten by Zurich on 1 October. Neither cba covermore or Zurich will give me any info til after 1 oct.

Thanks for reply. It would appear the banks have gone to Allianz for the best deal, for them not for us. I just bit the bullet and took out one with NRMA - Covermore. The NRMA member discounts inc various policy discounts just about covered the disclosure extra $.:loudcry:

• 2 weeks later...
Uncle les

How did you go with your claim on ANZ via QBE - but as I read it it would actually be Allianz dealing with the claim (glad they got stung for it in this case but sorry you had to claim)

I just tried ANZ - Allianz today with exactly the same "pre existing conditions" that ANZ - QBE have covered many times (and will cover for 2 more cruises through to May 2019 as I got in before the cutover) - of course they declined me on them. Of course I'm still covered for all the other elements of the policy just not the medical items for pre existing conditions

So off to Insure & Go I go and they covered me with the pre existing conditions for an additional premium - no problems (and I used the Groupon20 code)

The ANZ Black Frequent Flyer VISA card will definitely not be getting renewed when it comes up for renewal

Those credit card companies are really walking away from those with pre existing conditions

I posted this on 21st september under the pre existing illness thread

As promised an update on my travel insurance claim.

Background - using my ANZ credit card insurance paid extra for pre existing cover, all done prior to the change over from QBE to Allianz as underwriters.

Developed a blood clot just before my trip to USA so had to cancel.

Advised insurance company, had to wait for travel company to suppy paperwork.

Lodged the claim Wednesday last week, verbal confirmation claim approved Monday this week, today received email confirming $$ transfered to my bank.

Don't know if their efficiency is related to the terrible publicity Allianz is receiving at the moment, but I am one very happy customer.

Sadly QBE are no longer underwriters and Allianz will not cover me for my pre exisitng, which will be even harder now that I have had to make a claim, but I am not giving up yet!!

I won't be flying anywhere in the near future which will give me time to research the other companies. Also CBA are changing from Allianz to covermore - zurich on 1 October.

I am guessing the banks and insurance companies have a tender arrangement.

All good, lodged claim Wed, verbal approval Monday, $$ in bank Friday. The cynical part of me thinks it could just be related to the royal commission....................

I have been covered via credit card insurance for my pre existing conditions with QBE for as many years as I have had the diamond/platinum credit cards with CBA, Westpac and ANZ. I have cancelled my westpac and will cancel the ANZ prior to annual fee renewal date. Will keep CBA as its our everyday credit card. Will be looking into their insurance through Zurich soon but expect the same reply - insurance declined.

Edited by Tara Jane

When we don't renew our ANZ FF Platinum or Black Credit Cards, then the bank might wake up and give Allianz the flick.:evilsmile:

I used my Westpac underwritten by Alliance for a pre existing in May this year,think I paid $40 .

Has anyone used Westpac with a existing since ?

Also I suppose it depends what the “existing” is

Cheers Carole

I used my Westpac underwritten by Alliance for a pre existing in May this year,think I paid $40 .

Has anyone used Westpac with a existing since ?

Also I suppose it depends what the “existing” is

Cheers Carole

If you mention 70, USA and pre existing heart condition, e.g. AF, Allianz don't want to know you, or they used the more polite words 'Declined' to me the other week. :evilsmile:

If you mention 70, USA and pre existing heart condition, e.g. AF, Allianz don't want to know you, or they used the more polite words 'Declined' to me the other week. :evilsmile:

I am 75 and 21 days USA land tour but my “existing”obviously not life threatening

Cheers Carole