Aussie Cruise Ships and Schoolies...

I just realized the carnival cruise we booked in November falls around the start of Schoolies for Queensland. Are Cruise Ships popular for Schoolies? I know some of the hot spots when I graduated some mere 10 years ago were like Gold Coast and overseas places like Bali but do they go for cruise ships now too?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah, nah. :-)

Some do, but given that they aren't able to book in some cases (have to be over 21) and can be fairly costly, so not a good value option compared to alternatives (even if not for themselves but friends they would go with), not generally a popular option for that group.

Yeah, nah. :-)

Some do, but given that they aren't able to book in some cases (have to be over 21) and can be fairly costly, so not a good value option compared to alternatives (even if not for themselves but friends they would go with), not generally a popular option for that group.

Thank god for that... I was sweating profusely there for a second... that probably explains when we did a fake booking online it kept asking about the age of all in the cabin (if they were over 19).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

At one stage, P&O offered a dedicated Schoolies cruise. I think the last one was on Pacific Sun at the end of 2005. Apparently it was pretty out of control culminating in a whole lot of drunk schoolies throwing deck furniture over the side. Understandably P&O gave the whole idea away shortly thereafter.

We are booked on the Ovation late November to Hobart on the Ovation for 5 days and it was advertised as a schoolies cruise by a certain TA but not sure if it got knocked on the head by Royal so we’ll have to wait and see

Sent from my iPhone using Forums