Paid upgrade email

benebire

Nabalab- I always book direct w Royal. It seems like some people get some really nice perks from their TA’s but I am a bit of a conrol freak, if a price drop came up and I couldn’t reach TA, I would blow a gasket.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah okay, perfectly understandable! Thanks!

I didn't get an upgrade email and doubt I will since I'm part of a Buyer's Choice group, but I was finally able to upgrade from a Central Park Balcony to Oceanview Balcony today and am still under $2000 total. Still dreaming about a suite upgrade but it's hard to justify doubling the fare just to go to a JS.

We are on the Symphony TA (12 night)and received the upgrade email 5 months ago. We received the call yesterday with the offer to upgrade to a jr suite for $1000, and an additional $200 OBC. We were in a hump, large balcony cabin. $450 is a great price! For those curious, we booked direct with RCCL. I did inquire about the double points and was told no since it’s a reduced cabin price. It seems like they should offer maybe 1 1/2 points since it’s a paid upgrade.

Champagne123- Not sold out i just priced a junior suite shows 4 available.

Although mostly guarantees left Inside guarantee is now about what we paid for a balcony. Not likely to get an upgrade anyway but nice to get the email and be on the list.

1c2e4720ee7cb0d99134ed227d637161.png

aac425a3b7fd0a93b7efd48e88fe66d1.png

I said "pretty much sold out"....meaning "almost sold out". Yes, I check the prices everyday and what cabins are left. Not sure why, for the last month or so, they are listing the remaining cabins (not suites) as "guarantee" instead of letting you choose. Perhaps in "undesirable" locations. Anyway, if you knew what I paid for this cruise, and seeing the prices now, you would be sick to your stomach! EIGHT WEEKS TO GO!!!:):cool::)

If you do it and get it, just be prepared to know that you’ll never want to sail in anything else again.

Funny, we thought the same thing. We had never sailed in anything lower than a balcony, went up to suites, then decided to try insides. Absolutely LOVE the insides, and now we're giving OV a try for the 3rd time. Will be weird going to a JS in November. Not sure what we will do with all that space! For us, a cabin is a cabin.

We too have done inside, promenade and balcony, all were/ are good. Like the darkness of the inside. But watching the ocean fr balcony is hard to beat. But definitely up for trying a jr suite for the right price. We like to take several cruises a yr and so price wise we take what makes sense for us at the time. Anything over 5 nights needs to a balcony for us.