9-13-18 Thursday weigh-in

mdaviswv

Oh crap Katmu, that really stinks! Hopefully the mending and recovery goes by quickly without too much discomfort.

I'm the same on ladders - can fly up them like nothing, working at heights - no big deal. But when I have to step off a platform back onto one - I swear my heart rate pegs. Something about swinging my legs over blind just doesn't agree with me...

Oh Katmu I'm so sorry. I hope someone found you right away. Also hope your

not in to much pain. Right now just get well as soon as you can , part of that is

eating healthy foods. Don't worry about weight gain or loss right now.

Congrats to son for graduating. Glad he wasn't as sick as he could of been.

The other funny thing was that I had to crawl 30 feet to get back to my cell phone to call 911 and at that time of night the mosquitoes were out in force. I had a few choice words for those mosquitoes.

I started PT today so I’ll be working out the left leg to maintain strength there and eventually upper body strength also so I’m hoping I can maintain some level of fitness for the next 3 months.

But yes no real diet right now.

I heard from my son that he has arrived safely at his new post so that makes me feel better.

I’ll try to live vicariously through everyone else for a while.

WOW - I go away for a week and everyone on this thread seems to have had quite the interesting week!

I didn't weigh myself on Thursday (cruising and weighing just don't go together). We were to go to Bermuda, but instead we ended up doing a Canada/New England cruise. Stopped at Bar Harbor and went and had lunch ... I know a few of the servers there so got a chance to talk. I am disappointed that we didn't go as originally planned, but anywhere on a cruise is fun.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week and will tough base on Thursday! Jan

PS - Happy Birthday to me!!! Having all the kids and DH for pizza tonight (plus cake doesn't count on one's birthday!)

Jan Happy Birthday! :champagne-toast: Music, dancers and food still in the party room!!!

Have a good time with family tonight!

Sorry the cruise didn't go where you wanted but better to be safe and least you were

on a cruise. Hope you still had fun.

Happy Birthday Jan! I love both of those itineraries, but my wife feels a bit more like you. A cruise is a cruise though, so Im sure it was good.

Our final is due on the Christmas cruise, and Im still struggling with second thoughts. I really, really dislike Royal Caribbean. But this deal was too good to pass up. Its the Grandeur, which isn’t new and flashy by any means, but we still enjoyed sailing her 10yrs ago. The Norwegian Escape at Thanksgiving is what we’d typically do, but passed on it this year. Now that rate is way down tempting me further. But Id be insane to pick a 7day Bahamas itinerary over a 12day far eastern Caribbean! Ok, sorry. Its whats on my mind anyway. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jan, I hope that you had a wonderful birthday yesterday.

Mike, I would absolutely do the RCI cruise, but I am a fan of Royal's. I have been on Carnival, Royal and Princess and Royal is my favorite by far. I have not been on the Grandeur, but on her sister ship, the Splendor. That is not my favorite class of ship, but I would be happy to be on a cruise on most any ship.

Rose

Belle - my sympathies for your car:(:mad: Just before we left our Suburban started acting up and I suspected transmission issues. My Father-in-law (retired mechanic) confirmed - it will only do 1st and 2nd (plus reverse and neutral;)). It's a 2004 with ~160K miles, so repair would cost more than it's worth fixed:rolleyes: On the bright side, the decision is now made which older vehicle to replace - we were on the fence between it and the 2001 Blazer with 220K miles.

Katmu - glad your son is better and hugs and prayers for you. Hoping recovery is quick.

Mike - We sailed the Grandeur in 2014. One benefit is the solarium pool that's covered so you have a warm place to go while heading south. Baltimore's a super easy port too - that's where we just got back from.

Our cruise was great with nice weather, fairly calm seas, and lots of naps:cool:. Glad to be back home though. I'll weigh in on Thursday, but expect to be up a few pounds. We didn't go crazy but it was still a.lot.of.food!

Our next cruise is planned for June to Bahamas, taking the kids this time (daughter's graduation). It will be the kids first cruise and our first on Anthem of the Seas.

Have a great week all!

I agree pacruise, Baltimore is fantastic. Just not crazy about the ships. Wish NCL would come back. Its been almost 10yrs they’ve been gone I think. We’ve sailed Pride several times. Grandeur only once. 3.5hrs from here is pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums