Barcelona restaurants

hrmkr

yes as previous contributor suggested ask a Cab to take you five minutes to the Barceloneta district just north and east of the World Trade Center and Columbus Monument. Bar Bitacora right next to segons mercat restaurant and many others - worth walking around the entire neighborhood. Do not eat on the beach most places not very good value.

One of our favourites in Barcelona is Bilbao Berria, a Catalan tapas ( pintxos in Catalan) restaurant. It is just off La Rambla near the Barcelona cathedral in Plaça Nova.

Wonderful food, we ate there four or five times on our last visit. We will be back in Barcelona in November and Bilbao Berria will be one of the first stops. 🙂🍽🍷

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Robyn C said:

Hi Graham. Thank you for the information on dining in Barcelona, we have 4 nights there, and will be staying close by, so thank you for the heads up.

cheers Robyn

Hope you enjoy it Robyn, when will you be there?

On 2/11/2019 at 1:53 AM, Wookie01 said:

One of our favourites in Barcelona is Bilbao Berria, a Catalan tapas ( pintxos in Catalan) restaurant 

Hi, I don't want to seem picky, but I'd like to explain, as a Catalan myself, that the Catalan for tapas is tapes. Pintxo (catalan pinxo) is the Basque for that sort of snacks fixed with a cocktail stick... Traditionally,  in Basque taverns, you pay according to the number of sticks in your plate. Dinners based on pintxos is very tipycal in the Basque Country, and Bilbao Berria is a Basque tavern...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ANNA40 said:

Hi, I don't want to seem picky, but I'd like to explain, as a Catalan myself, that the Catalan for tapas is tapes. Pintxo (catalan pinxo) is the Basque for that sort of snacks fixed with a cocktail stick... Traditionally,  in Basque taverns, you pay according to the number of sticks in your plate. Dinners based on pintxos is very tipycal in the Basque Country, and Bilbao Berria is a Basque tavern...

Thanks for clarifying that Anna40, appreciate the advice 🙂👍

3 hours ago, ANNA40 said:

'Bilbao' should have been the tip-off that it is Basque, not Catalan.  Thanks for clarifying.