Any recent reviews from these members?

mama_2_boys

Wrigley80,

i loved your reviews and have really missed them. I would love to read some more. Your pictures were always terrific, too. I am glad you are back in Illinois now, because it is important to have friends and family around you as you go through the long and difficult process of grieving. 

I also love the reviews that Willdra does- her sense of humor is OFF THE CHARTS!

I basically gave up doing reviews- for my last 2 cruises I worked for months pre-cruise documenting the planning, and probably a good month after the cruise sharing it, and very few people read it, even fewer commented. So instead I spend my time absorbed in everyone else's reviews, and I'm sure to give them all the kudos for the hard work that goes into it :classic_laugh:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I also love the reviews that Willdra does- her sense of humor is OFF THE CHARTS!

I basically gave up doing reviews- for my last 2 cruises I worked for months pre-cruise documenting the planning, and probably a good month after the cruise sharing it, and very few people read it, even fewer commented. So instead I spend my time absorbed in everyone else's reviews, and I'm sure to give them all the kudos for the hard work that goes into it :classic_laugh:

That's the rub, isn't it?  The reviews are a lot of work. . . and even if you don't think you are doing it for the attention, on the other hand, if nobody seems interested, what's the point?  More fun reading reviews than doing them.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
22 minutes ago, deedle7544 said:

I found you!

Where?  I have been looking all over for her!  How about Mikey and his wife. Dang if I can remember her name which will keep me up all night lol. Daughter Arielle and son Russ I think.  They were Canadian mounties. 

27 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Where?  I have been looking all over for her!  How about Mikey and his wife. Dang if I can remember her name which will keep me up all night lol. Daughter Arielle and son Russ I think.  They were Canadian mounties. 

She wasn;t sure if she was still on here, she is trying to log in and catch up. Hopefully she will figure it out. 

I remember them too, name escapes me though.

2 minutes ago, deedle7544 said:

She wasn;t sure if she was still on here, she is trying to log in and catch up. Hopefully she will figure it out. 

I remember them too, name escapes me though.

TRACEY????  I am going thru the alphabet cuz it's driving me bonkers lol.  

Kim (Mitsugirly) has recently posted on the NCL board about a cruise she and her DH and DD took late last Summer. I think it was on the Breakaway (?).

Shortly after getting home she unfortunately had a nasty break of her ankle. 

Now,she is posting updates regarding her healing process.

Many CC members are giving her encouragement for her recovery on the thread about her cruise.

Hi all!

wrigley80 ~ glad to see you're still cruising! A Conquest review would be neat, I really liked that ship.

I just read a couple of MikeyA53's reviews tonight & see they're going on Allure on Nov 3.

I saw a brief cruise report from GA Pearl on another site.

Anyone remember reviews from a woman who worked for the Red Cross & wrote some funny reviews?

There are a lot of talented reviewers on Cruise Critic so you sure can spend a LOT of time reading them!!

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

10 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

wrigley80 ~ glad to see you're still cruising! A Conquest review would be neat, I really liked that ship.

I just read a couple of MikeyA53's reviews tonight & see they're going on Allure on Nov 3.

I saw a brief cruise report from GA Pearl on another site.

Anyone remember reviews from a woman who worked for the Red Cross & wrote some funny reviews?

There are a lot of talented reviewers on Cruise Critic so you sure can spend a LOT of time reading them!!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Hi how did you find GaPearl on another site? I've looked but don't want to end up stalking too bad. LOL...I know her name is Kim. Thats all. Thank you!

I used to write long, involved reviews of every cruise and uploaded photos (first to a site that then went fee-only, so my old reviews all just have a red x where the photos used to be, then I moved to Flickr).  It was very time consuming, both the uploads and the actual writing of the review, including pics, and answering questions.  I was probably a little too brutally honest for some people's tastes.  And my entire cruise didn't revolve around drinking, which may have bored some readers.  I've always sailed mainly for the ports.  The ship isn't the destination for me. 

I absolutely did not do it for attention (and didn't get all that much), but did it because I still, after almost 40 cruises, like to come here and read reviews, especially that are about the next ship I'm sailing, or that include ports I'll be visiting.  I just wanted to provide as much info about my personal experience and thoughts, especially when I'd read reviews prior to sailing and my experience ended up being rather different.  People need to know that one review out of the thousands of people who sail every week is not indicative of what everyone's experience has been or will be.  I've always felt that the reviews on the actual review board seem so out-of-touch with the experiences that I've had that I just won't read them any longer, but I know many people do, and take those comments as gospel.  I think the reviews on the cruiselines boards are (usually) much more in-depth and provide so much more info for the readers.

But I just got lazy.  It's so much work!  I did just write a mini-review of my MSC Armonia sailing, and I think I wrote a more in-depth review of the sailing on that ship back in May because it included a stop in Havana (which was fabulous, btw). 

Maybe once I'm retired (soon, I hope!), I'll take the time to write the long reviews again.  To those who continue to write long, informative and entertaining reviews, Thank You! 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

TRACEY????  I am going thru the alphabet cuz it's driving me bonkers lol.  

Hi Karen!  Remember me?  Yes, his wife's name is Tracy.  I think his CC name is MikeyA53 and I also enjoyed their reviews.  Seems like only a few are doing reviews anymore.  We're finally cruising again next year, on Magic to Aruba/Curacao, the 5/9 sailing.  A lot of the group we got to know on our last cruise (Liberty, 2015) are also going.  🙂  We had such a hard time booking (booked it in July), not many cabins available.  We actually went through hubby's aunt (a TA) and even she said the pickin's were slim but she found us a balcony cabin for 2.  Our friends were having a hard time finding cabins as well, but we're all booked now as cabins eventually opened up.  We have since found out the Ultimate Blackjack Tournament Grand Finale is going to be on that cruise.  Wonder if Jamman54 will win a tournament to qualify for that?  You should go too.  😉

Holly

Edited by pghsteelerfan

5 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

I used to write long, involved reviews of every cruise and uploaded photos (first to a site that then went fee-only, so my old reviews all just have a red x where the photos used to be, then I moved to Flickr).  It was very time consuming, both the uploads and the actual writing of the review, including pics, and answering questions.  I was probably a little too brutally honest for some people's tastes.  And my entire cruise didn't revolve around drinking, which may have bored some readers.  I've always sailed mainly for the ports.  The ship isn't the destination for me. 

I absolutely did not do it for attention (and didn't get all that much), but did it because I still, after almost 40 cruises, like to come here and read reviews, especially that are about the next ship I'm sailing, or that include ports I'll be visiting.  I just wanted to provide as much info about my personal experience and thoughts, especially when I'd read reviews prior to sailing and my experience ended up being rather different.  People need to know that one review out of the thousands of people who sail every week is not indicative of what everyone's experience has been or will be.  I've always felt that the reviews on the actual review board seem so out-of-touch with the experiences that I've had that I just won't read them any longer, but I know many people do, and take those comments as gospel.  I think the reviews on the cruiselines boards are (usually) much more in-depth and provide so much more info for the readers.

But I just got lazy.  It's so much work!  I did just write a mini-review of my MSC Armonia sailing, and I think I wrote a more in-depth review of the sailing on that ship back in May because it included a stop in Havana (which was fabulous, btw). 

Maybe once I'm retired (soon, I hope!), I'll take the time to write the long reviews again.  To those who continue to write long, informative and entertaining reviews, Thank You! 

I remember your reviews!  I really enjoyed them & love how you wrote them (very informative) and I also remember your beautiful pictures you always included. 

Hi Holly, congrats on the booking and the great cabin!  I know you have been wanting and waiting to cruise for a long time!  We had to cancel a Journeys cruise in Jan. and another in May because of some medical problems, so we are very much looking forward to our cruise on Sunday with fingers crossed!  Not sure what our "cruise future" holds, so have not researched nor booked any others.  Want to go back to Aruba and would love to do Curacao and want to do either Breeze or Magic. Will just have to think positive!  Enjoy your planning! That would be fun if Jamman could cruise with you! I am looking forward to his review of his B2B cruise on Sunrise but might have to wait until we get back to start reading it.  

Hi all!

missholly24 ~ it just came up on a NCL page I belong to. It was her first cruise on NCL so she gave a little comparison since she usually does Carnival. It was on the Sun  August 12th,  taking her Mom to Cuba 'til they weren't!

Her full name is Kimberly Smith.

I think the other person I was thinking of was called Drama Queen, anybody remember her?

Looking forward to Jamman54's next review once he recovers from the crud he picked up on his last cruise.

pirate4me2 also writes some good Carnival reviews & has just finished one on the Sunshine that didn't go to Bermuda.

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ 😊

22 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Hi Holly, congrats on the booking and the great cabin!  I know you have been wanting and waiting to cruise for a long time!  We had to cancel a Journeys cruise in Jan. and another in May because of some medical problems, so we are very much looking forward to our cruise on Sunday with fingers crossed!  Not sure what our "cruise future" holds, so have not researched nor booked any others.  Want to go back to Aruba and would love to do Curacao and want to do either Breeze or Magic. Will just have to think positive!  Enjoy your planning! That would be fun if Jamman could cruise with you! I am looking forward to his review of his B2B cruise on Sunrise but might have to wait until we get back to start reading it.  

So sorry you had to cancel your Journeys cruise and the one in May and I'm really sorry that it was medical problems and not knowing what your "cruise future" holds.  I so I'm so happy you're getting to cruise this Sunday.  Believe it or not, this Magic cruise is the LONGEST wait will have.  We normally book cruises 3 months or sooner from sail date.  Since our friends started booking then let us know they were having a tough time finding cabins, we decided to book asap and so glad we did or we'd may have missed out.  We've never been to Aruba or Curacao but everyone I've talked to who has been really likes them, so we're looking forward to it.  We'll also have stops in HMC and GT and we've been to both in 2010 and I loved both.  Just hope weather doesn't prevent us from getting to either.  I'm also looking forward to Jamman's B2B on Sunrise, so thanks for the reminder so I can start looking for it.  Will send along some prayers and good vibes that things will get better so you have a nice cruise future (meaning more cruises). 

Thanks, Holly!  Love Aruba, there is so much to do even if you stay at the terminal area.  From what Jamman mentioned on another thread, his post cruise "crud" turned into bronchitis, so I think it will be a while before he starts his review.  Have fun planning!  We LOVE GT and HMC also.  Would love to be going on that itinerary. Tomorrow's is Canada/NE which I wouldn't normally pick again (did it 3x) but it cruises from NY so no traveling involved!  

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 2:09 PM, Crusin Karen said:

Thanks, Holly!  Love Aruba, there is so much to do even if you stay at the terminal area.  From what Jamman mentioned on another thread, his post cruise "crud" turned into bronchitis, so I think it will be a while before he starts his review.  Have fun planning!  We LOVE GT and HMC also.  Would love to be going on that itinerary. Tomorrow's is Canada/NE which I wouldn't normally pick again (did it 3x) but it cruises from NY so no traveling involved!  

That's great to hear about Aruba.  That's going to be our long day, 8am - 10pm, so looking forward to being able enjoy without rushing.  I actually haven't been on CC much since May or June.  Been busy here and trying to behave, meaning less time on computer.  Lol!!!  That's a shame Jamman has bronchitis.  My hubby has had it a couple times.  You picked a great time to go to Canada/NE, I'm guessing the leaves should be in peak.  And you can't beat the no traveling to get to the ship part.  Now that fall is upon us, I'm hoping for some good reviews now that I'll be inside more.  There have been so many that I have enjoyed over the years.  Except for Jamman, Mitsugirly, Watermelonqueen, and a few others, there don't seem to be as many as there once was.  Deladane may have one coming up too, always loved hers.  Hope you have a great time on your cruise! 

On 10/4/2019 at 1:36 PM, pghsteelerfan said:

I remember your reviews!  I really enjoyed them & love how you wrote them (very informative) and I also remember your beautiful pictures you always included. 

Thanks!  I appreciate that (even if you are a Steelers fan; hey my Browns looked pretty awful last night! I knew once all the media started hyping them this offseason that they were doomed! 😄 ).  I may even write a short review of my upcoming Sunshine-to-Bermuda sailing although there's a current thread on the boards now.  We'll see how lazy I am once I get back!

I'm one of the few who isn't such a huge fan of Aruba.  If you're a "beach person" then I can see why people love it.  I'm not.  Did an island tour the first time there, which was good.  After that, I haven't found much to do.  Last time (in December on MSC Divina), some of us just walked down to my favorite bar and had snacks and a few of my favorite local beer (Balashi).

On 10/8/2019 at 8:48 AM, NCTribeFan said:

Thanks!  I appreciate that (even if you are a Steelers fan; hey my Browns looked pretty awful last night! I knew once all the media started hyping them this offseason that they were doomed! 😄 ).  I may even write a short review of my upcoming Sunshine-to-Bermuda sailing although there's a current thread on the boards now.  We'll see how lazy I am once I get back!

I'm one of the few who isn't such a huge fan of Aruba.  If you're a "beach person" then I can see why people love it.  I'm not.  Did an island tour the first time there, which was good.  After that, I haven't found much to do.  Last time (in December on MSC Divina), some of us just walked down to my favorite bar and had snacks and a few of my favorite local beer (Balashi).

If you do find the time to do a review, I'll definitely look forward to it.  Would love to visit Bermuda.  I'm definitely a beach person but like a variety of things to see/do on our cruises.  We do plan to get to a less crowded beach in Aruba and I believe those are further from port, so it will be nice having the extra long day as a cushion with time.  Hoping to get pics of the ship lit up in port after dark as well, but don't know if there's a spot for a clear view of the ship there or not.  

I don't think you'll have to worry about the Steelers this year.  They are looking terrible.  It may end up being a good thing for them that "Big Ben" is out for the season since the defense and offensive line have up their game.  Time will only tell.  

• 8 months later...

Wrigley80,

I have thought much about you and your reviews. I enjoyed them so much and I hope you are still cruising ( at least before this COVID shutdown) . I can’t even imagine how much time they took. I do hope to see or hear you again on cc. 

On 9/20/2018 at 9:03 AM, cruzin Phillis said:

While she is recuperating, I would recommend Jammann54 who writes awesome reviews and has lots of detailed pics. He gives great information!! I also love Mitsugirly (Kim) reviews. she is very through from pre cruise to end and also give great, valuable information.

I second this!

• Like 1