Worth upgrade to Premium Pkg with current promo discount?

QT911

Never been on a Celebrity - going in 2 months

I have the Classic Pkg as part of my cabin (long story, not exactly a perk, more a consolation)

Right now with up to 20% off promo, I can upgrade to Premium for $66.08 for 5 nights cruise.

Worth it? (I know it's a personal thing, and I can be a marathon drinker - plus I may stay on the ship in Cozumel instead of going on excursion)

We feel it is worth the upgrade. We like having the ability to try almost anything and not have to worry about a bill at the end of the cruise. For us it just makes the cruise more relaxing. Plus if you get the bottled water, drink tea or the specialty coffee's, get a smoothie one morning or some fresh squeezed juice it is pretty easy to feel like you are getting your monies worth without drinking 5 martinis before dinner. Not that I have done that. :cool:

It depends on what you like and what’s important to you. Lots of posters here say that they’re happy with the classic package or that the small upcharges they pay for a few premium drinks total less than the package upgrade. But I prefer to upgrade to the premium package. I like top-shelf liquor, premium water, and the convenience of being able to order just about anything I want without worrying about whether it’s covered by my package. The premium drink package is one of my favorite things about cruising!

We definitely found it to be worth it. We really enjoyed the premium liquor and wines as well as the premium coffees and water.

Life is too short to drink cheap booze!!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

From the prices I’ve seen, there is no such thing as cheap booze on a cruise ship.

The price may not be cheap, but the booze is.[emoji3]

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

If you mix it with coke, water, or something else, they taste the same.

Life is too long to blow your money on something as trivial as alcohol when there are so many other things that will improve your life for a lot longer time.

You have to do the arithmetic yourself. As you only pay the difference between the Classic $9 price point and a higher priced drink, sometimes it’s cheaper to pay as you go. If you drink umbrella drinks or frozen drinks you probably wouldn’t be able to taste the difference in alcohol brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Decision made - upgraded to premium. I paid $66.08 for 5 days. I figured if each drink price difference is $7.08 ($9 vs $15 limit + gratuity), I'll get my money worth in 10 drinks, which is 2 upgraded drinks a day... Challenge accepted!

I have not received an email, nor is the upgrade opportunity listed on my Cruise Planner. This would be for the Inaugural Edge sailing.

Does anyone know if that sailing is eligible?

When does the 20% off end?

Do both passengers in a stateroom have to upgrade?

I booked with a TA, do I have to order through her, or call The Captains Club?

I have not received an email, nor is the upgrade opportunity listed on my Cruise Planner. This would be for the Inaugural Edge sailing.

Does anyone know if that sailing is eligible?

2of my Eclipse cruises aren’t eligible so wouldn’t be surprised if Edge is excluded.

When does the 20% off end? Scheduled to end tonight, unless they extend it.

Do both passengers in a stateroom have to upgrade?

No.

I booked with a TA, do I have to order through her, or call The Captains Club?

You can upgrade through the Captains Club no need to call X.

If you mix it with coke, water, or something else, they taste the same.

Life is too long to blow your money on something as trivial as alcohol when there are so many other things that will improve your life for a lot longer time.

Agree. On cruise now, later in evening when the “ cheap “ stuff runs out , guess what !!!

On cruise right now. Didnt feel the need to upgrade . Plenty of choice . Also when they run out of the cheaper liquor guess what they do !!! Sssshhh !! Don’t tell anyone

;)Or, if he happens to be mixing a Pyrat mojito when you order a mojito.....

Also, the sommeliers in the MDR are sometimes generous if the neighboring tables are drinking premium wines.

Of course, no one should go in expecting the favors. If you absolutely have to have premium brands, you should upgrade.