Drink menu question

WAVTAM

I have downloaded the drink menu. We have so much OBC was considering using that instead of getting Silver package.

Under Martinis for example it lists a Dry Martini for 7.50. Is that still the current price and does that include the gratuity with it???

I have downloaded the drink menu. We have so much OBC was considering using that instead of getting Silver package.

Under Martinis for example it lists a Dry Martini for 7.50. Is that still the current price and does that include the gratuity with it???

Still current (published) price.

Includes gratuity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are from the UK and our booking didn’t have any on board credit. However we have never had such a tiny drinks bill at the end of a holiday. The bar prices are very reasonable.

Precisely my experience as well. Very reasonable charges for an occasional cocktail or different glass of wine.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes drinks are very reasonable - if you are in a PV cabin or above there are alcoholic drinks in the mini bar which they will customise for you. We have had the “package” free twice, once as a promotion and once as compensation for a problem; we are not great drinkers and would not have had the value from it but if you like the Chef’s Table and want the upgrade wines they charge $25 a person - that is included in the drinks package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

you can use your OBC to purchase silver seas package...remember if you like a double...or a 2 shot cocktail like Rusty Nail....or Bailys on your dinner ice cream...it can add up!

• 2 weeks later...

I was shocked at how reasonable Viking bars prices are. $7.50 for a martini including gratuities is better than most happy hour prices in the States. Just another example of how Viking doesn't Nickle and Dime its passengers. The $179pp drink package for a 10 day cruise is also a huge bargain since it also includes upgraded wines by glass and bottle.

We had significant obc for our TA last March and after doing the math decided to go with the Silver Spirits package as we knew we would each have at least 2.5 cocktails a day.  In addition to the upgraded (slightly) wines at meals we enjoyed being able to try different drinks that we otherwise wouldn’t have. 

• Like 1

I have never signed for a drink with the package....dont think you sign for them even if it is going on your bill...  we gave  our favorite bartenders an additional gratuity at the end of the cruise.

Ditto to DEEC.  No signing of chits.  They ask your room number.  All orders are on iPhone/iPad type devices and when they key in your room number they see your picture.  After a time or two your favorite bartenders/servers don't even ask your number.  Waaaaayy better than constantly signing tickets.  😎

On 10/17/2018 at 4:07 AM, terrydtx said:

I was shocked at how reasonable Viking bars prices are. $7.50 for a martini including gratuities is better than most happy hour prices in the States. Just another example of how Viking doesn't Nickle and Dime its passengers. The $179pp drink package for a 10 day cruise is also a huge bargain since it also includes upgraded wines by glass and bottle.

Viking is an adult cruise line.  They treat us as adults.  Charge a fair price up front and skip the stupid games other cruise lines use to pad the bill.  Drinks are well prepared and fairly priced so when you see the cruise costs $xxxxx more than Carnival brands trust that it is worth it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Viking is an adult cruise line.  They treat us as adults.  Charge a fair price up front and skip the stupid games other cruise lines use to pad the bill.  Drinks are well prepared and fairly priced so when you see the cruise costs $xxxxx more than Carnival brands trust that it is worth it.

Before we booked our Viking cruise for 2020 we looked at a similar HAL itinerary but it went out of Rome and had two sea days. The VO goes out of Venice and ends up in Athens for 10 nights. I wouldn't book any thing less on HAL than a Signature Suite which is about the same size as our PV1 cabin. For me 2 sea days in the Mediterranean is a waste of my time. We want to see a different port every day. By the time we compared cruise costs and all the all inclusives on VO the difference was less than we thought.  Add in cost for shore excursions, WIFI, Specialty Restaurants, beer, wine and drinks the CCL brands are not that much less. On our last 10 day HAL cruise I had a bar bill over $1200 which included things like Espresso, beer and wine plus a lot of martinis and bloody Mary's. That didn't include the 18% gratuities added to every bar tab. I remember my wife got a pedicure and it was outrageous.