Anthem of the Seas..Dialysis at Sea

Dspcentury

• 3 weeks later...
You would be best asking Dialysis of Seas. It is my understanding that this is only set up "as necessary". I would guess it would depend on the number of passengers requiring service.
It is not as necessary. Dialysis at Sea is set up in an area to do dialysis and the patients are required to give documents to company's medical department before they get on the cruise. My dialysis has a TV at every chair and was curious if their setup was the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t have experience with Anthem, but my husband had dialysis on Oasis and Celebrity Equinox.  Dialysis is done is medical center, and his were done in rooms with two beds.  They usually had 4 dialysis patients at a time.  Dialysis at Sea had the lead nurse call us a few weeks before our cruise, and she was very helpful.  Told us exactly what the setup would be like.  It was a wonderful experience.   We’d cruised for at least 20 years before he started dialysis, and dialysis at sea program allowed us to continue to cruise for five more years   I believe they did have TVs mounted on the walls, but usually the dialysis nurse is there chatting, and if there is room, you can have a family member there, too.  

• 2 months later...

We will be doing our first Dialysis at Sea cruise next month and I want to thank you for your encouraging comments.  I do have one question, were you able to get any reimbursements of the dialysis cost from your insurance?  If so, what was your insurance carrier?