Baltimore Hotels

Guiding Light

On 12/30/2018 at 7:24 PM, PigsCanFly said:

We have stayed several times at the BW+ O'Donnell and again in a few nights.  The hotel was fine and the shuttle was excellent.

The hotel does not provide airport shuttle.  You would have to take taxi/ uber  to the  hotel around $30 plus and approximately  30 drive from airport and about 10 /15 minutes north of cruise port.

I would try Trinityreservations.com 

6 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

The shuttle is provided by KD Elite?  This will be our 3rd use of this hotel/parking/shuttle cruise out of Baltimore and it works well for us.

They need shuttle from airport to hotel which they do not supply  only hotel to cruise port.

• 2 months later...
On 10/24/2018 at 9:54 AM, Turtles06 said:

I was wondering about driving from Florida to board a ship in Baltimore too.  As you said, in addition to the weather issues, there are so many more choices of ships in Florida.  Perhaps it's because they are doing a B2B2B?  Maybe something special about that they could not do out of Florida?  I hope so! 

We are coming from the west coast of Florida to Baltimore for a 2019 New Years Eve cruise on the Grandeur because we are sailing with family coming from New York and Virginia.  Trying to decide whether to drive or fly.  We have the time to drive since we are retired but curious if anyone has an suggestions.  If we drive, we are looking for a stay, park and sail deal too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, daffyraffy said:

We are coming from the west coast of Florida to Baltimore for a 2019 New Years Eve cruise on the Grandeur because we are sailing with family coming from New York and Virginia.  Trying to decide whether to drive or fly.  We have the time to drive since we are retired but curious if anyone has an suggestions.  If we drive, we are looking for a stay, park and sail deal too.

If you drive try Trinityreservations.com 

Some people will recommend  Best Western on O'Donnell  street you would have to drive  about 10 minutes past cruise port. The hotels in the BWI  hotel district  will have plenty of options 

On 3/9/2019 at 10:09 AM, daffyraffy said:

For me (recognizing we all have different backgrounds and preferences), I would drive if I had the time.  I suspect Christmas/New Years flight prices will be higher, and I can probably adjust more for weather driving than flying.

On 10/19/2018 at 9:21 PM, cruises42 said:

Thanks, glad you liked it. We are staying there in 2 weeks.

My issue with this place is twice we have gotten off ship early disembark with long drive home and both times waited 45-60 minutes for them. Not super close to port but on a Saturday early also no traffic to speak of. First time thought it was a fluke but won't stay there again.  Other shuttles had picked up folks and returned for a second group.  Both times we were in first group off ship for them to pick up, they had over 20 minutes notice.

Edited by Host Carolyn

On 3/10/2019 at 8:36 AM, Tony O said:

If you drive try Trinityreservations.com 

TonyO,

Thanks for the heads up on TrinityReservations.com.  I have bookmarked the site (after looking it over) and will definitely keep it in mind for the future.  In the meantime, I am quite satisfied with the reservations that I have made with Hampton Inn in Glen Burnie (including the extra nights).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 10:06 AM, Guiding Light said:

We are a group of 5 girls looking for a hotel with:

1. Airport Shuttle

2. Cruiseport Shuttle

3. Parking for 10 days

Thanks!

Best western plus elk ridge Maryland. Recently refurbished. Nice indoor pool and sauna. Stain glass pub next door with excellent crab cakes.

Just stayed here in February 2019 pre cruise $139.00 through trinity reservation. Parking shuttle service and breakfast. Safe. Clean. Our second time.

Timbuktu’s Restaurant is a mile for more expensive crab cakes excellent.

Easy to get to. Many repeated cruisers. Friendly staff 

The shuttle dropped someone off at airport while taking us to ship 

• 2 weeks later...
On December 30, 2018 at 7:24 PM, PigsCanFly said:

We have stayed several times at the BW+ O'Donnell and again in a few nights.  The hotel was fine and the shuttle was excellent.

Did you park your car there?  If you did, did you book through the hotel directly?  We will be driving in the day before our cruise so will need a room, parking and shuttle to pier.

13 hours ago, HardyVA said:

Did you park your car there?  If you did, did you book through the hotel directly?  We will be driving in the day before our cruise so will need a room, parking and shuttle to pier.

Just note the BW+ is about 10 minutes north of the cruise port with  a $6 toll to pay if you use the tunnel. Other option is driving thru the city. 

Or you can checkout hotels  in the Bwi Airport area. Many have shuttle service. 

Another option is Trinity Reservations. I have used them before.

https://trinityreservations.com

Edited by Tony O