Excursions

My TA phoned me twice while I was on my recent Explorer cruise. I popped in the shop today to ask them to elaborate. Apparently there is a new online system going live from the start of November and they are contacting all customers, meanwhile talk to the TA?

We are on the Explorer in November out of Barbados and cannot yet book any excursions. If it is a problem with their online booking system, then it would appear that our local TUI branch are being slightly economical with the truth. They stated that for the Caribbean they are changing their Suppliers responsible for the excursions and would be sorted first week in September. Needless to say we are still waiting. We always book our excursions in advance and this isn't good enough. Hope it's not a sign of things to come.

<p>

We are on the Explorer in November out of Barbados and cannot yet book any excursions. If it is a problem with their online booking system, then it would appear that our local TUI branch are being slightly economical with the truth. They stated that for the Caribbean they are changing their Suppliers responsible for the excursions and would be sorted first week in September. Needless to say we are still waiting. We always book our excursions in advance and this isn't good enough. Hope it's not a sign of things to come.

I don't think they are being economical with the truth, they really don't know. The new system seems to be rolling out across the stores bit by bit, so some can do it, some can't. We still can't book on line ourselves.. the official line is end of September, ie now. However, I could not wait with that uncertainty. Cannock and Colchester stores have been able to book our excursions for a November cruise, when others were unable to, so I suggest you ring them and see how you get on. We did ours over the phone and I live nowhere near either of these.

<p>

I don't think they are being economical with the truth, they really don't know. The new system seems to be rolling out across the stores bit by bit, so some can do it, some can't. We still can't book on line ourselves.. the official line is end of September, ie now. However, I could not wait with that uncertainty. Cannock and Colchester stores have been able to book our excursions for a November cruise, when others were unable to, so I suggest you ring them and see how you get on. We did ours over the phone and I live nowhere near either of these.

You're right, they do not know. My Wife and I went in to the Branch yesterday and were eventually told that it might be the end of the week before we can book the excursions. In any case I was assured (take that with a pinch of salt) that we can book before our cruise on the 25 Nov. We are experienced cruisers and have never known such ineptitude from a Customers Service Dept.

You're right, they do not know. My Wife and I went in to the Branch yesterday and were eventually told that it might be the end of the week before we can book the excursions. In any case I was assured (take that with a pinch of salt) that we can book before our cruise on the 25 Nov. We are experienced cruisers and have never known such ineptitude from a Customers Service Dept.

Goody, have you phoned Cannock or Colchester? We booked ours over the phone with Cannock and do not live anywhere near Satffordshire.

Edited by Scriv

I'll give them another 2 weeks then if necessary phone the Cannock Branch. Thanks.

Hello goody1.

We go on 8 November and I phoned Shore Excusions enquiries on 7 September and, as per their instructions, immediately phoned our local ta.

Told them I had phoned SE and they had directed me to ocal agent They knew what I was talking about, noted the excursions I wanted plus card details for payment and I had confirmation email with reference number within 10 minutes. I did not use ta for booking.

Where in Scotland are you?

Hello goody1.

We go on 8 November and I phoned Shore Excusions enquiries on 7 September and, as per their instructions, immediately phoned our local ta.

Told them I had phoned SE and they had directed me to ocal agent They knew what I was talking about, noted the excursions I wanted plus card details for payment and I had confirmation email with reference number within 10 minutes. I did not use ta for booking.

Where in Scotland are you?

Hi

Kilmarnock, although booked the cruise through TUI in Silverburn, Glasgow. I went onto the TUI site at Cannock and got an email back this morning with available excursions. They don't bear much resemblance to the excursions we viewed on the TUI main site for each of the 12 stops. Never in our 17 years of cruising have we come across such incompetence from a cruiseline.

Hi

Kilmarnock, although booked the cruise through TUI in Silverburn, Glasgow. I went onto the TUI site at Cannock and got an email back this morning with available excursions. They don't bear much resemblance to the excursions we viewed on the TUI main site for each of the 12 stops. Never in our 17 years of cruising have we come across such incompetence from a cruiseline.

Hello goody 1

Reason asked for your location was in case you were east coast.

I can't understand why Tui are so incompetent with admin. Other cruise lines manage to book cabins, do shore excursions, without full payment, plus other extras.

Don't understand why only selected stores have the facility to book excursions, or is it that they don't want the hassle of people who haven't booked with them.

Hope you manage to get the trips you want and it will put your mind at rest.

I can beat you with the 17 years. It's 30 for us and recently I have been wondering why we keep going with them.

Have a good cruise.

Hi

All along with this excursions issue I have been able to log into cruiseexcursions.tui.co.uk with my booking ref and cruise details and have been able to view the excursions for my cruise with a guide price, but not able to book online. But I was able to book from this list with the store.

However these excursions have always been different from the ones listed on the main TUI website under Flight Extras. I think because the latter are excursions for if you are having a land based holiday where you get picked up from a hotel etc. rather than the specific shore excursions for cruises.

Have a look at the cruiseexcursions.tui.co.uk and compare it with the list you have been looking at. Wonder if they are the same?

Skioncruises - it was explained to me along the way that there is a new website booking system being rolled out across the country bit by bit, thus explaining that some stores are geared up for it and some aren't.

This has been and still is so confusing.

Edited by Scriv

Not TUI but excursions from another company that follow most cruise lines itineraries recommended from my TA. Private excursions are quite expensive but like for like ones work out cheaper. They all use the same operators in the ports and no guarantee the ship wont sail without you if these are late back, but for half days I think there is very little or no risk.

https://www.cruisingexcursions.com/itinerary/marella-cruises/marella-discovery/22-11-2018/14/2

Not TUI but excursions from another company that follow most cruise lines itineraries recommended from my TA. Private excursions are quite expensive but like for like ones work out cheaper. They all use the same operators in the ports and no guarantee the ship wont sail without you if these are late back, but for half days I think there is very little or no risk.

https://www.cruisingexcursions.com/itinerary/marella-cruises/marella-discovery/22-11-2018/14/2

Thanks for that. Had a look at the available excursions and they look pretty good. May go down this route if TUI don't get their act together in the next fortnight.

Thanks for that. Had a look at the available excursions and they look pretty good. May go down this route if TUI don't get their act together in the next fortnight.

We're looking at the Dhow cruise in Khasab from them. Little bit cheaper too - may avoid alot of kerfuffle getting our tickets onboard from TUI - they're not inspiring confidemce at the moment,

All along with this excursions issue I have been able to log into cruiseexcursions.tui.co.uk with my booking ref and cruise details and have been able to view the excursions for my cruise with a guide price, but not able to book online. But I was able to book from this list with the store.

However these excursions have always been different from the ones listed on the main TUI website under Flight Extras. I think because the latter are excursions for if you are having a land based holiday where you get picked up from a hotel etc. rather than the specific shore excursions for cruises.

Have a look at the cruiseexcursions.tui.co.uk and compare it with the list you have been looking at. Wonder if they are the same?

Skioncruises - it was explained to me along the way that there is a new website booking system being rolled out across the country bit by bit, thus explaining that some stores are geared up for it and some aren't.

This has been and still is so confusing.

Cruise excursions.tui.co.uk was the site we were trying to book the excursions from, however the site states they're not on sale yet. The list I was looking at was nowhere near as comprehensive. My Wife and I cruise every year and are starting to regret going back to TUI.