Excursions

Goody1 - let’s just hope the actual cruise is really good despite the rubbish pre cruise admin experience.

Scriv, I'm sure it will be. We've been on it's sister ship twice (Celebrity Century) and loved the ship then. Although it's only our 4th TUI Cruise we enjoyed the previous ones and expect that the entertainment will be good.

It's funny but in all our years of cruising, I never complain about anything just going with the flow and enjoying being away on a ship. However, this carry on with Customer Services over booking excursions would drive a Saint to swear lol.

I never complain about anything just going with the flow and enjoying being away on a ship. However, this carry on with Customer Services over booking excursions would drive a Saint to swear lol.

I know! It has been unbelievable. It is my first experience of Marella too!!!!!

I think the worst has been the total lack of communication and all the conflicting info being bandied around because the people inside the organisation don't know what is going on.

Family members work in IT and I do understand that new systems often need a lot of bedding in and can go wrong and can miss deadlines ( remembering that first plan was the online booking ready for mid August, then beg Sep, then middle, then late September... and still not here) .

But I can't understand why TUI Marella can't put up a corporate statement/explanation on their website and FaceBook pages and also send the same to all departments and stores and to affected customers, so that we ALL know what is going on??

Is this too much to ask?

I know! It has been unbelievable. It is my first experience of Marella too!!!!!

I think the worst has been the total lack of communication and all the conflicting info being bandied around because the people inside the organisation don't know what is going on.

Family members work in IT and I do understand that new systems often need a lot of bedding in and can go wrong and can miss deadlines ( remembering that first plan was the online booking ready for mid August, then beg Sep, then middle, then late September... and still not here) .

But I can't understand why TUI Marella can't put up a corporate statement/explanation on their website and FaceBook pages and also send the same to all departments and stores and to affected customers, so that we ALL know what is going on??

Is this too much to ask?

I agree whole heartedly. We have cruised with 8 different cruise lines and they have all been pretty much the same when it comes to their websites - something I don't understand considering the years of practice they've all had and the amount of business it does. The difference between the good and bad ones is the way they resolve the problems. None will admit there has been a problem and some can solve issues over the phone quite well - TUI on the other hand seems to be unable to whether its an IT issue or as you say, a lack of communication between departments.

I won't let this type of thing stop me from booking again with any of the lines - if I did, I would never cruise again.

I have got a good independant TA who is on the ball and will eventually sort these things out for me without the hassle. This is where it may be going wrong as TUI cruises is being resolved by TUI agents and the buck will be passed ad infinitum between them until someone owns up - IF they ever admit it of course

Contacted the excursion site by email and was told best to book excursions via a TUI travel Agent. Luckily have 2 unusually within striking distance and booked one excursion painlessly.

Glad you are sorted.. people can also book over the phone with a TUI store and it doesn’t matter if it’s not local. 😀

Booked mine over phone with local Tui shop - very straightforward, if you know the tours you wish to book, although pricing for two of them was £2pp over those quoted on website. The TUI shop person was very chatty and did say that head office handed over the booking facility to them so they can make some extra commission/business! The booking email came through within minutes. I always use my local independent agent for booking my cruise, but the girl at TUI knew her product well.

Finally, went into TUI in Glasgow this morning with my Wife and managed to book 9 out of the 12 stops. These were the original excursions that we'd chosen 3 months ago and of the remaining 3 stops, 2 of them (Antigua and Tortola) should be available shortly. We are now in a happier frame of mind, however it has been one heck of a kerfuffle.

Finally, went into TUI in Glasgow this morning with my Wife and managed to book 9 out of the 12 stops. These were the original excursions that we'd chosen 3 months ago and of the remaining 3 stops, 2 of them (Antigua and Tortola) should be available shortly. We are now in a happier frame of mind, however it has been one heck of a kerfuffle.

We will all have earned our holidays after all this :')