Bad Behavior in the Diamond Lounge

airbusdrvr

On our Majesty sailing this past week there was an incident in the pseudo Diamond Lounge. A young man in his late twenties that was a Diamond member shows up in the Diamond Lounge intoxicated, wearing a white robe with bedroom slippers and smoking a vape. He ordered 4 White Russians then got two plates of hors d'oeuvres then proceeded out of the DL and gave them to his friends. Twenty minutes later he is back ordering 4 more White Russians and the Waite staff never questions him and gives him 4 more drinks. By now several people are getting annoyed with him vaping and one lady actually went up to him and told him he was not appropriately dressed and he told her his girl friend locked him out of his cabin.

After several guest started to complain to the Waite staff about this guy(myself included) the Loyalty Ambassador shows up and started to talk to him in private, 15-20 minutes later the ships security shows up and he is finally removed. Several guest were wondering why the Waite staff let him in the DL to begin with, then give him 4 drinks at one time and watch him leave the DL and then come back for more.

I asked the Loyalty Ambassador if this guy was actually a Diamond member later that evening and he said he was. I'm pretty sure he rode in as a Diamond on his parents coattails.

Your assumption has no basis in facts known to you.

And it is utterly irrelevant.

I’ve seen a drunk crew member fall off the dock into the water and get physically removed from the ship

A little brat was having a temper tantrum and kicked off her flip flop- right into my face. Father glares at me, picks it up, and walks away. No apology nothing

Bad behavior on ships is everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A lot of factors, some present here and others not, mean this kind of thing is going to happen on a more regular basis i think!

Rccl is actively targeting young people, albeit ones with families, so tie that in with several factors including 3/4 day cruises that are prime for hen/stag parties!

The whole drink package debate now comes into play in a number of ways - price/getting monies worth, all adults need apply etc etc in my opinion will sometimes have passengers looking for alternative ways to get their booze - and a lounge is one of those ways!

The staff will never get 'involved' with passengers for several reasons - they don't get paid enough/their manager should be doing it and they're tip/review driven, so getting on the wrong side of a passenger can cost them in numerous ways!

On the Harmony recently they used the lounge and the attic for a lounge and had staff on the door as well as the concierge at her desk pretty much all of the time! The lounge is also controlled by a keycard door entry yet people still tried to get in - hence additional staff outside!

They set rules about drinks/numbers/non sharing etc yet these are rarely enforced resulting in people taking advantage!

I'll go one step further and throw the ' dress codes' subject into the mix too ... as there isn't one any more - it means people will have no qualms about going into a lounge dressed like a tramp!

(Again on Lady H on 'formal' - don't make me laugh! - nights there was a no shorts blah blah blah rule in the lounge! Laughable rule that was never enforced as much as it wasn't in the MDR etc)

There will always be people in the world who can't or won't comply!

They earn their money, pay said money for their cruise and WILL conduct themselves as they feel fit!

It's unfortunately the way that cruise ships are nowadays!

Have your own fun

Look afteryourselves and ignore the idiots!

Okay, so let's start with the fact that he broke multiple rules-vaping, giving drinks to what we only can assume are his n on-diamond friends, inappropriate dress during lounge hours and was pretty drunk from the account. It's not the wait staff's job to enforce the lounge rules. It's the concierge's, so where was he/she?

This isn't about age, it's about behavior. Could he have ridden his parents coattails, sure? Why does it matter to either side? That isn't the point and really isn't relevant.

Some get too lost in the weeds and forget what the real issues are. If his girlfriend did lock him out, then he should be working with guest services to get back in, not doing just about everything he can to get kicked off.

Honestly, if the vaping bothered me I move to another area in the diamond club. As far as him getting the drinks, I personally don't care either way whether he has 1, 2, 10 or. 20, its none of my business and I don't care what he eats, but the guy wearing the robe just makes it more fun people watching. :D