Current black card specialty dinner on seaside?

LMaxwell

MSC used to have 3 people working a given number of tables, number 3 was the person who brought the drinks, MSC in their wisdom decided to remove number 3 which means there is only a waiter and assistant serving the tables including food, for drinks other than wine, Prosecco or Asti they have to leave the dining room and go to the nearest bar, usually the assistant waiter does the job.

We have just returned from the Voyager of the Seas where they still have three people serving the tables.

Dave ... even when MSC had the third waiter to get the drinks, spirits weren't served in the MDR.

Dave ... even when MSC had the third waiter to get the drinks, spirits weren't served in the MDR.

May I repeat what I have said before more than one time. Of all the cruises and cruise lines I have been on since 1986, 8 cruise lines and over 100 cruisers, the MSC Sinfonia was the first and only ship that did not serve, as you call it spirits, in the MDR. Need I say more?

Why not bring the drinks with you in the MDR, I think in the MDR they are buzy enough bringing Wine and beer. Not many people have drinks to the food. In Denmark We Don t.

I am not talking about Denmark. I am addressing the MED, Asia, Caribbean, Mexico and most of the Baltics.

Maybe in Denmark not many people have drinks with food. They sure have a lot of drinks with food in other countries.

If they have time to bring wine and beer, they should have time to bring a mixed drink.

To bring in your own drink should apply to all, not just one category of drink. If you go into a restaurant in most places on land you cannot bring in a drink with you.

Nothing is ever "unlimited" on any cruise line.

I would think the reasoning is pretty basic.

Drinks that are offered in that venue are included.

When you're in the YC drinks are included across the ship, but if they don't have a drink at a bar then they don't have it. It's not like you suddenly have to pay for it, they just don't have it.

I think in an effort to have a more "traditional" MDR they only do wine etc.

Or it's just that they put the bars at an inconvenient place to the MDR so it would take too long for the servers to get them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Never considered a more traditional MDR on any cruise line where they only do wine, etc.

Again, etc. Means other things. So, other things are very unlimited and can include mixed drinks.

If it's an issue for you pick up a drink on the way to the mdr, hardly difficult.

I never said it was an issue for me to pick up a drink. So let's not go there.

With your comment, let's stop serving all drinks in the MDR and have everyone bRing in their own drink. Let's stop having waiters bring drinks to the pool area, etc. What about those that have too many drinks and spill some walking with it to the MDR or carrying it on the elevator? Have you ever seen that? LOL

It amazing how when people don't agree or experience a specific issue, they seem to have such fantastic ideas on what to do or not do.

Example, find another cruise line.

Exact copy from MSC site.

Unlimited spirits (Premium brands INCLUDED), liqueurs, aperitifs, classic and Premium cocktails, wide selection of wines by the glass, draught and bottled beer, non-alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks, juices, mineral water, energy drinks, espresso and cappuccino, drinks from the themed bar menus, minibar, and drinks and food from room service menu. The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants.

Note the word 'UNLIMITED'

Nowhere does it state you may not order Unlimited Drinks/spirits/mixed drinks in the MDR.

Nowhere, does it state wine and beer are only served in the MDR.

So, why are we trying to say 'only wine and beer' should be served in the MDR?

Never considered a more traditional MDR on any cruise line where they only do wine, etc.

Again, etc. Means other things. So, other things are very unlimited and can include mixed drinks.

The thing is, it has nothing to do with your package. It's simply that they don't serve it there.

So it's not something they need to mention in the package description, as the drinks package is based on drinks that are available I that venue. It doesn't matter if you pay for your drink or not, if it's not available it's not available.

The only line I do MDR on is NCL, and you can def get all the mixed drinks in the MDR there. So, I understand wanting a wider range of drinks. But it's the rules of that specific MDR, not the rules of the drinks package.

The title of this thread is "Current black card specialty dinner on seaside?". It's been derailed enough at this stage. Anyone with an issue regarding what drinks should/would/could be served in the MDRs should start their own thread.

Sorry see this happen all the time.

Should I stay a new thread?

The thing is, it has nothing to do with your package. It's simply that they don't serve it there.

So it's not something they need to mention in the package description, as the drinks package is based on drinks that are available I that venue. It doesn't matter if you pay for your drink or not, if it's not available it's not available.

The only line I do MDR on is NCL, and you can def get all the mixed drinks in the MDR there. So, I understand wanting a wider range of drinks. But it's the rules of that specific MDR, not the rules of the drinks package.

So, where is this so called rule that you defend? A rule should be published or else it is not a rule.

Apparently it does or did not affect you, so you agree justifying the non existence of this so called rule.

The title of this thread is "Current black card specialty dinner on seaside?". It's been derailed enough at this stage. Anyone with an issue regarding what drinks should/would/could be served in the MDRs should start their own thread.

I just reviewed how many times you helped to derail this thread. Seven (7) times! Why did you add to this derailment? You took the time to add your opinion and I appreciate any additional input as we all have a voice and opinion,since we all cruise MSC.

Why after 7 postings are you now wanting to bring this issue to another thread?

I see many threads on many CC forums where this happens. It is not unusual. However, that does not make it right.

When you first posted your comment that I answered my own issue previously, I didn't respond. Someone else did and they did not agree with your comment. Then this reopened.

So, don't add to any derailment and then complain. HAPPY CRUISING!

I just reviewed how many times you helped to derail this thread. Seven (7) times! Why did you add to this derailment? You took the time to add your opinion and I appreciate any additional input as we all have a voice and opinion,since we all cruise MSC.

Why after 7 postings are you now wanting to bring this issue to another thread?

I see many threads on many CC forums where this happens. It is not unusual. However, that does not make it right.

When you first posted your comment that I answered my own issue previously, I didn't respond. Someone else did and they did not agree with your comment. Then this reopened.

So, don't add to any derailment and then complain. HAPPY CRUISING!

You are clearly not going to get the answer you want produced here on CC and no one here will or can magic up the answer you want or have what you want carried out, Why ? have you not taken this issue up with MSC in order to get your answer ? you are clearly in a Minority on this issue of wanting drinks other than what is provided in the MDR.

I suggest you take your question to MSC directly.

Exact copy from MSC site.

Unlimited spirits (Premium brands INCLUDED), liqueurs, aperitifs, classic and Premium cocktails, wide selection of wines by the glass, draught and bottled beer, non-alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks, juices, mineral water, energy drinks, espresso and cappuccino, drinks from the themed bar menus, minibar, and drinks and food from room service menu. The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants.

Note the word 'UNLIMITED'

Nowhere does it state you may not order Unlimited Drinks/spirits/mixed drinks in the MDR.

Nowhere, does it state wine and beer are only served in the MDR.

So, why are we trying to say 'only wine and beer' should be served in the MDR?

The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants.

Where does it say that they are all available at all bars and Restaurants ?

You are clearly not going to get the answer you want produced here on CC and no one here will or can magic up the answer you want or have what you want carried out, Why ? have you not taken this issue up with MSC in order to get your answer ? you are clearly in a Minority on this issue of wanting drinks other than what is provided in the MDR.

I suggest you take your question to MSC directly.

Apparently you didn't read my postings and understand what I wrote. I did take it up with MSC and on the ship. I did get served mixed drinks in the MDR. You may think I am in the minority, however, people use this forum to inform others of their experiences, good or bad. People do read and interpret the written word differently. I stand by my interpretation. It does not state that mixed drinks are not served in the MDR.If it did, then it's resolved. I do have a legal background and read as things are written. Not read into things that are implied

This is like the dress code issue. Everyone had their opinion. Thank you!

Apparently you didn't read my postings and understand what I wrote. I did take it up with MSC and on the ship. I did get served mixed drinks in the MDR. You may think I am in the minority, however, people use this forum to inform others of their experiences, good or bad. People do read and interpret the written word differently. I stand by my interpretation. It does not state that mixed drinks are not served in the MDR.If it did, then it's resolved. I do have a legal background and read as things are written. Not read into things that are implied

This is like the dress code issue. Everyone had their opinion. Thank you!

I agree the description is written poorly and implies that mixed drinks would be severed in the dining room. Im a black and white person and the written policy is gray. I'm with you on this but at the same time it is not that big a deal to me.

Disclamer, we are going on our first MSC in 7 days.

I agree the description is written poorly and implies that mixed drinks would be severed in the dining room. Im a black and white person and the written policy is gray. I'm with you on this but at the same time it is not that big a deal to me.

Disclamer, we are going on our first MSC in 7 days.

Let me say this about MSC. Their ships are very beautiful, functional, entertainment excellent. Service never really had a problem. Customer help/satisfaction - they really try to resolve issues on board. Food is subjective.

Cost - I consider one of the best bangs for the buck. That includes cabin price, package price (dining and beverage) and excursions. I am speaking from our experiences on MSC 6 cruises and 3 different ships. Yes, we like MSC and continue to cruise MSC and will do so on the Seaside in Nov 2018.

I really hope and feel that you will enjoy your first MSC cruise. Feel free to ask about MSC. You will get many different responses, both good and bad. Read each one carefully. Weed out the worst and consider why it was so bad. No cruise is bad unless it was like the Costa Cruise that encountered such a tragic ending.

I agree with you that this is not a big deal! I started to post this to inform others of this gray area. I was and still am trying to convey an experience that I felt was not favorable to me and manybe to many others.

However, some people try to dissect a rule/policy to suite them. I was very clear in my postings that MSC and on that ship, they allowed me to get mixed drinks in the MDR. I was not bashing MSC as I am not loyal or a cheerleader for any cruise line.

Another person thought I was possibly making up the change of service, saying that they don't believe MSC would change the rules for anyone.. I stated that all the other cruise lines I have been on all served mixed drinks in the MDR. Others have confirmed that other cruise lines serve mixed drinks in the MDR.

Then a person stated that they do not ever see people in their country have a mixed drink with dinner. Maybe that is true. However, I was not talking about each and every country. I was addressing MSC whom I have cruised in the Med and the Caribbean.

Then the person who flamed me for derailing this thread. Well guess what, I just ran across a thread that she has derailed many times within the past couple of days. 'MSC Customer Service'

I wonder if her statements about me derailing apply to herself? I will visit that thread. LOL

I have been told and try to follow the logic of - - if you don't like the posting or the subject, don't read it and move on. Don't try to reply to just update or increase your posting count.

Again, thank you for your understanding. HAPPY CRUISING!!!!

BUMP! No comments ?

Let me say this about MSC. Their ships are very beautiful, functional, entertainment excellent. Service never really had a problem. Customer help/satisfaction - they really try to resolve issues on board. Food is subjective.

Cost - I consider one of the best bangs for the buck. That includes cabin price, package price (dining and beverage) and excursions. I am speaking from our experiences on MSC 6 cruises and 3 different ships. Yes, we like MSC and continue to cruise MSC and will do so on the Seaside in Nov 2018.

I really hope and feel that you will enjoy your first MSC cruise. Feel free to ask about MSC. You will get many different responses, both good and bad. Read each one carefully. Weed out the worst and consider why it was so bad. No cruise is bad unless it was like the Costa Cruise that encountered such a tragic ending.

I agree with you that this is not a big deal! I started to post this to inform others of this gray area. I was and still am trying to convey an experience that I felt was not favorable to me and manybe to many others.

However, some people try to dissect a rule/policy to suite them. I was very clear in my postings that MSC and on that ship, they allowed me to get mixed drinks in the MDR. I was not bashing MSC as I am not loyal or a cheerleader for any cruise line.

Another person thought I was possibly making up the change of service, saying that they don't believe MSC would change the rules for anyone.. I stated that all the other cruise lines I have been on all served mixed drinks in the MDR. Others have confirmed that other cruise lines serve mixed drinks in the MDR.

Then a person stated that they do not ever see people in their country have a mixed drink with dinner. Maybe that is true. However, I was not talking about each and every country. I was addressing MSC whom I have cruised in the Med and the Caribbean.

Then the person who flamed me for derailing this thread. Well guess what, I just ran across a thread that she has derailed many times within the past couple of days. 'MSC Customer Service'

I wonder if her statements about me derailing apply to herself? I will visit that thread. LOL

I have been told and try to follow the logic of - - if you don't like the posting or the subject, don't read it and move on. Don't try to reply to just update or increase your posting count.

Again, thank you for your understanding. HAPPY CRUISING!!!!

The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants.

Where does it say that they are all available at all bars and Restaurants ?

I noticed that you did not respond to the above comment !

There are many Grey areas in life and not just within MSC wording and policy.

I am sure that those who have cruised with them a number of times will know of other items that are different to other cruise lines, try ordering a coffee with Bailey's in it, not possible, but you can order both drinks at the same time.

This is just one of those Grey areas, to date you have not said if you have made your complaint to MSC head office in order for them to answer your question, clearly taking it up with customer service on the ship will not bring about a change to the policy, they merely placated you for the duration of your cruise.

I noticed that you did not respond to the above comment !

There are many Grey areas in life and not just within MSC wording and policy.

I am sure that those who have cruised with them a number of times will know of other items that are different to other cruise lines, try ordering a coffee with Bailey's in it, not possible, but you can order both drinks at the same time.

This is just one of those Grey areas, to date you have not said if you have made your complaint to MSC head office in order for them to answer your question, clearly taking it up with customer service on the ship will not bring about a change to the policy, they merely placated you for the duration of your cruise.

Sorry, to disagree with you. I did respond to all of your postings. Go back and re-read my postings.

You just brought up another thing that varies on MSC, per your quote.

'try ordering a coffee with Bailey's in it, not possible, but you can order both drinks at the same time.'

I am being very truthful on this specific quote you wrote. We always have ordered Bailey's Coffee on both the Divina (Feb 2018 Manhattan Bar) and Sinfonia (Jun 2018 Caffe Italia) each day in the morning. Never had a problem ordering it. So, I don't know what ship you had the problem on.

Did you take up the Bailey's problem with MSC Head Office? Like you asked me and stated:

'clearly taking it up with customer service on the ship will not bring about a change to the policy, they merely placated you for the duration of your cruise.'

At least they placated me for the duration of my cruise. I will see what happens when I go on the Seaside in Nov 2018. I will ensure that I report back to you what happens in regards to this issue.

When do you go back on MSC? Maybe you can test these two issues out on your ship then. Happy Cruising!

Originally posted by sidari The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants. Where does it say that they are all available at all bars and Restaurants ?

To respond back to you:

Where does it say that drinks are limited to certain types in the MDR or even limited in the MDR?

MSC is reading this and they will correct this within the near future. Just remember to hold your breath. LOL

Regarding the coffee and Bailey's, it was on both sailings of Seaside last Xmas and in April, also last September on Preziosa and also on Orchestra and Divina, so not confined to one ship. I never said it was an issue for us but merely pointed out a Grey area one of many that exist with MSC.

Knowing the speed that MSC move at I doubt we will see any changes soon regarding drinks in the MDR.

Regarding the coffee and Bailey's, it was on both sailings of Seaside last Xmas and in April, also last September on Preziosa and also on Orchestra and Divina, so not confined to one ship. I never said it was an issue for us but merely pointed out a Grey area one of many that exist with MSC.

Knowing the speed that MSC move at I doubt we will see any changes soon regarding drinks in the MDR.

OK, I know it was not an issue. Maybe I used the wrong word. However, as you; can see all Cruise Lines and all ships within a specific cruise line are not very consistent. We were on the Divina back in Feb and Nov of 2017 and both those times we always had the Bailey's Coffee.

The only time that we did not get a Bailey's coffee was on the NCL Escape. We had to order the two separate things like you said. But then when we went to the same bar, many people asked what we were ordering and doing. When we told them, some of the people tried it and liked it. So, on that cruise it became popular at that bar. The waiters finally starting to get it as one drink, not two separate drinks. When we tried the Irish Coffee it was totally different and too strong for us.

Will let you know the outcome on the Seaside in Nov 2018.