Pursuit Sun Lounger Cushions

SomersetCruiser999

I'm sorry, I can't answer your question but somebody on the inaugural sailing, which I believe was around August 1st, asked about them and was told they just hadn't come in when they set sail. I did notice in some pictures from that sailing that some of the other types of outdoor seating - I think clamshell type things - had cushions so I wasn't sure why the loungers didn't. If they're not on board two months later, I don't think they really exist.

I quite agree, and well said. Come on Azamara, enough time has passed for this to be sorted out. Let’s not let this thread die until we have satisfaction. If others can have their Tonic thread, or Shower curtains, then we can have this. If I must drag along my own Fever tree, shower magnets and wall hooks, I at least expect a decent sun lounger cushion on which to drink my Gin and Tonic! I draw a line at bringing a lounger cushion. Oh, and by the way Proper G and T is with LEMON, garnish should be reserved for the buffet. You have until November!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I quite agree, and well said. Come on Azamara, enough time has passed for this to be sorted out. Let’s not let this thread die until we have satisfaction. If others can have their Tonic thread, or Shower curtains, then we can have this. If I must drag along my own Fever tree, shower magnets and wall hooks, I at least expect a decent sun lounger cushion on which to drink my Gin and Tonic! I draw a line at bringing a lounger cushion. Oh, and by the way Proper G and T is with LEMON, garnish should be reserved for the buffet. You have until November!!

I agree. I will be on board in November also. And while I haven't said one word about the shower curtain or the tonic, because I could care less about either of those things, I do care about a cushioned lounger, where I intend, hopefully, to spend much time catching up on almost a year of pleasure reading. While it won't ruin my cruise and I will survive, before I booked I read a lot of reviews and comments from past Azamara passengers and several commented on the fact that the cushy lounger cushions were one thing that set Azamara apart from a cruise on some other premium cruise lines. So it may have factored into my decision a tiny bit.

It's been two months since the inaugural sailing in which a passenger was told that the cushions were on their way. If there are really no cushions, so be it, but I would kind of like to know before I board. A couple of people have said they are comfortable without them but I in looking at the pictures, I think I know what material they're made of, and while it wouldn't be my first choice for a lounger, I know that material is not equal to a soft cushion.

I sit in a not-so-comfy office chair 50 hours a week and my old tailbone told me it needs a vacation too. :D

I was on the maiden voyage and all the “specialty” deck furniture (couches, hanging chairs, Bali beds, etc) had their cushions and were much more comfortable than the sun loungers. They need cushions! By the way, the couches on the top deck are a quiet and very comfortable location with a wonderful view! One of my absolute favorite places on the ship!

I was on the maiden voyage and all the “specialty” deck furniture (couches, hanging chairs, Bali beds, etc) had their cushions and were much more comfortable than the sun loungers. They need cushions! By the way, the couches on the top deck are a quiet and very comfortable location with a wonderful view! One of my absolute favorite places on the ship!

Absolutely agree with you about Deck 11! You’ll always find us there on sea days.

We have never sat there because we don’t want to trek down to the bar for a drink. How is the drink service up there?

OK. Possibly they don’t come round quite as often as they do downstairs, but they do come round. We’ve always managed to get the drinks we want.

Without cushions it looks like a mass market lounge area.

This would finish me as I can not sit more than 15 min on the firm loungers. I am small and the pain on tailbone and back finishes the pleasure.

Celebrity has some so what is the problem.

We sail in December and I will be cancelling my next 2020 cruise if they don’t have by Dec.

Not a difficult item to source out.

Without cushions it looks like a mass market lounge area.

This would finish me as I can not sit more than 15 min on the firm loungers. I am small and the pain on tailbone and back finishes the pleasure.

Celebrity has some so what is the problem.

We sail in December and I will be cancelling my next 2020 cruise if they don’t have by Dec.

Not a difficult item to source out.

On the Equinox in August and the loungers nearest the pool in the sun were new, tan/beige rather than blue and no cushions. There were large stacks of the new loungers on the dock when we were disembarking so it seems all the loungers are being replaced. Maybe Azamara can get some cushions from Celebrity😉

On the maiden voyage of Pursuit, the end of July I believe, the cushion question was brought up in a thread that a passenger was doing while on board that sailing. On August 1st that passenger had asked somebody named Richard Twyman, whoever that is, about them and was told they were "on their way." So over two months later, I doubt they really exist. It's not a huge deal or the end of the world, but why would a crew member say something definitive like that instead of they didn't know?

On the maiden voyage of Pursuit, the end of July I believe, the cushion question was brought up in a thread that a passenger was doing while on board that sailing. On August 1st that passenger had asked somebody named Richard Twyman, whoever that is, about them and was told they were "on their way." So over two months later, I doubt they really exist. It's not a huge deal or the end of the world, but why would a crew member say something definitive like that instead of they didn't know?

Richard Twynam is the Managing Director of Azamara’s operation in the UK

Bonnie,

I know you are only the messenger but I would like to have been at the meeting that said.

"Well we are going to launch a new ship (to us) and we will not have cushions on it for 3 months"!!!! or perhaps nobody mentioned it.

Cushions are not exactly a moon shot product and surely they knew at the start of the refit in the Bahamas that they would need them by the time of the first voyage?

They had 3 months to ship them to Belfast.

I well understand that NOW is a problem with shipping them to a moving target but Dubai looks a good bet.