Cuban Fusion (Cuban confusion)

jimphil

But surely changes are part and parcel of cruising especially when some are sold 2 years ahead! We missed Grand Cayman due to bad weather and ended up in Jamaica yet again :( We liked our itinerary because it included Cuba but our holiday wasnt ruined because we were unimpressed. The whole Caribbean area is playing catch up with weather events and cruising itineraries have changed as less affected islands get more ships. What would ruin a holiday is booking 2 weeks somewhere that was awful. At least on a cruise there is always the next port to look forward to.

But surely changes are part and parcel of cruising especially when some are sold 2 years ahead! We missed Grand Cayman due to bad weather and ended up in Jamaica yet again :( We liked our itinerary because it included Cuba but our holiday wasnt ruined because we were unimpressed. The whole Caribbean area is playing catch up with weather events and cruising itineraries have changed as less affected islands get more ships. What would ruin a holiday is booking 2 weeks somewhere that was awful. At least on a cruise there is always the next port to look forward to.

Nobody is disputing changes are part and parcel of cruising - in this case it is the way TUI are handling it thats the problem. I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise to the Caribbean, and circumstances didn't spoil it for you, but for some the whole point of going is this stop and like in our case with the Pyramids omission, we would prefer to have the option to cancel and not have to accept the alternatives - which fortunately we did as there are no alternatives to Pyramids. Seems TUI has taken away the choice by not letting people decide for themselves whether they still want it by hiding behind T&C's when they've paid.

Seems TUI has taken away the choice by not letting people decide for themselves whether they still want it by hiding behind T&C's when they've paid.

I agree with what you say and Tui have brought this upon themselves with poor communication but they have not taken away the choice of transferring to another cruise for many who have only paid the deposit.

Last April they deleted Havana, Bahamas and Lisbon from an itinerary and substituted inferior replacements. Some cancelled and got a full refund because it was eventually deemed a major change, although Tui were very reluctant to accept that.

People now want to cancel because of a 25% reduction in port hours in one port, which clearly won't happen because it will set a precedent for every port.

I've just read a post on fb where there is confusion about whether Explorer is at sea or in Antigua on Christmas Day, and one poster is claiming she has been missold the cruise if the ship is at sea and she can't have Christmas Day on the beach.

Again it's probably Tui's fault for lack of clarity but they have to stick by their T&Cs otherwise people will claim for every variation.

This Cuban Fusion change will rumble on and Tui will just quote T&Cs, and it will die a death.

I only wish they would learn by their mistakes.

Well the excursion page today now shows both weeks, Pride of Panama followed by Cuban Fusion. The longest Cuban day excursion is 5 hours, so nothing going into the Countryside. Still can't book any excursions online.

I emailed them yesterday for clarification, nothing back today, but communication on this cruise is appalling from TUI.

Keith (Southend)

Just had an email offering £100 each onboard credit as compensation. Also been offered £100 voucher each towards the cost of a future cruise.

I also got the same email, I rang to ask if the vouchers could be used towards cruises already booked in the future, we have one in April & October, but no that would be too easy , having dealt with them before over a delay, I know how hard it is for them to hand out money, but I think they could have at least offered the vouchers to be used against any cruise booked in 2019, they have obviously had to up the anti ref the good will gesture, so many disappointed people, especially the ones just doing the week.

We are going on the 11th Dec.

Edited by sandramay
Added a date

A wet afternoon here in Southend-on-Sea, so here's a look at the weather around the Caribbean on the 4th October 2018. Getting all the data decoded is always a day late.

*Caribbean Islands overview*

4th    October 2018        

Max °C    Min °C    Rain (mm)    Location
33.8    23.6    0.8    Nassau Int.(7m)
x    x    -    Varadero/MT(65m)
31.7    25.9    TR    Grand Cayman Int Owen Roberts(3m)
31.6    24.4    TR    Sangster/Montego(3m)
29.1    23.1    15.7    Kingston Int.~Jamiaca
31.0    23.5    -    Punta Cana(12m)
30.0    25.0    2.5    San Juan(19m)P.Rico
31.7    26.7    0.3    C. Amalie/Truman St. Thomas US(67m)
30.4    23.6    17.7    Belize Int(5m)
x    x    -    Puerto Limon (5m) Costa Rica
31.2    21.4    -    Santiago (88m) Panama
32.2    23.2    -    Santa Marta(1m) Columbia
33.1    25.4    -    Cartagena(12m) Columbia
31.0    24.6    -    St. Kitts/Golden Rock(48m)
x    x    -    Charlestown / Newcast (Saint Kitts and Nevis)(17m)
30.6    25.1    0.3    Antigua/Vc Bird Int(14m)
30.8    26.7    TR    St. Maarten/Juliana Air(9m)
31.2    25.9    -    Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport, Saba
32.1    23.8    TR    Guadeloupe/La Raizet(11m)
31.9    23.7    13.5    Dominica/Canefield Aero(5m)
33.1    23.4    -    Marinique/La Lementin(7m)
32.4    22.8    42.8    St Lucia/Vigie(2m)
x    x    -    St Vincent/Arnos Vale(5m)
30.6    25.2    -    Barbados/Grantley Adams(50m)
31.2    26.3    5.7    Grenada/Point Salines Int(7m)
31.5    25.4    1.3    Tobago/Crown Port Aero(6m)
32.9    24.5    -    Trinidad/Piarco Int(15m)
32.2    23.7    -    Aruba/Q Beatrix(3m)
32.1    27.7    -    Curacao/Hato Aero(67m)

Keith (Southend)

Wondering why January departure has been offered £100 obc and I have been offered £25 for March 12 departure. Anyone else had an offer for that one?🤔

Not heard anything about our departure in November and still can't book excursions online and 'Manage your booking' still not available.

Keith (Southend)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone received their vouchers yet? have no idea when they are going to resolve the excursion booking fiasco, they must have a pretty ------ system if it is taking this long to resolve, just hope the rest of the cruise doen't produce any more problems.

15 hours ago, Scriv said:

Hi... a lot of us have managed to book our excursions online now at https://www.marellaexcursionspassenger.tui.co.uk

This new link became available last Friday and has worked for a lot of us, although some specific cruises still seem to be posing a problem.

Hope it works for you.

Yes, that link works for me, many thanks. I had emailed TUI but no reply.

It also seems to confirm that the Cuban Fusion (4th December week) is in port from 07:00 as some of the excursions are upto 10 hours duration. In fact I had a confirmation email (dated 16th October) with this itinary. A shame that one of the excursions for Colombia (Pride of Panama week) is no longer listed 'Tayrona National Park' 😞

Many thanks

Keith (Southend)

On 10/6/2018 at 9:38 PM, Ilovemygarden said:

Wondering why January departure has been offered £100 obc and I have been offered £25 for March 12 departure. Anyone else had an offer for that one?🤔

We are off January 8th,  £100 obc each plus £100 each off next cruise.  don't know if that will happen any time soon though after this fiasco.

19 hours ago, Southendweather said:

It also seems to confirm that the Cuban Fusion (4th December week) is in port from 07:00 as some of the excursions are upto 10 hours duration. In fact I had a confirmation email (dated 16th October) with this itinary. A shame that one of the excursions for Colombia (Pride of Panama week) is no longer listed 'Tayrona National Park' 😞

Many thanks

Keith (Southend)

Hi Keith

Have you noticed that Marella have now posted the new website link on their Facebook page plus a competition to win back the cost of excursions?
Maybe you could ask about the missing excursion on there?

20 hours ago, Southendweather said:

Many thanks

Keith (Southend)

Hi Keith ... read this question on Marella's official page :

"We’ve booked some excursions for the Pride of Panama cruise leaving on 5 March 2019. However the ‘Wild beauty of the Tayrona National Park’ trip that we’d like to do is shown on the itinerary guide but not available to book as one of the Santa Marta excursions. Do you know why it’s not there? We’d love to go on it."

Seems to be a problem for other dates as well.