Cuban Fusion (Cuban confusion)

jimphil

Hopefully yes, so it may be worth leaving it and booking it when on the ship.

Also managed to use my £200 voucher against a cruise we had already booked for next Oct, so thanks for the info I received from someone on here, as originally TUI said it couldn’t be used against a booking already made but as long as you still have payments outstanding it can be used. Must say once I got through to the number on the email, which it seems is a dedicated number For Cuban Fusion, they couldn’ t have been more helpful and with in 15 mins my voucher was applied.

8 hours ago, sandramay said:

Yes I got mine as well, still not able to book excursions for our dept date 11th Dec, tried the link but it didn’t work

Sandra, have you tried the new website link in my post above : https://www.marellaexcursionspassenger.tui.co.uk/

It has worked for most of us.

Edited by Scriv

On 10/18/2018 at 4:49 PM, Scriv said:

Can't find the question re: Tayrona National Park excursion. I'm going to leave booking any excursions for that port until we're on the ship. Often other excursions are available once on board.

I'm also going to have to wait until we're on board for the Havana FULL day, yes it looks like we have one! I fancy the 'Vinales' (10 hours), the Countryside looks wonderful, however, we also want to go to the Tropicana Club in the evening (4 hours). Does anyone know if this can be done? I think you would be getting off one bus and onto another, so missing a clean up, change and dinner.

Keith (Southend)

On 10/18/2018 at 4:49 PM, Scriv said:

I can now log into my account, so slowly they are bringing things back up and running.

https://cruiseexcursions.tui.co.uk/Default.aspx?timeout=yes

Still shows the Tayrona National Park excursion on the old link, even though you can't book anything from it. Why haven't that just shut that link down?

Keith (Southend)

Can't find the question re: Tayrona National Park excursion. I'm going to leave booking any excursions for that port until we're on the ship. Often other excursions are available once on board.

I'm also going to have to wait until we're on board for the Havana FULL day, yes it looks like we have one! I fancy the 'Vinales' (10 hours), the Countryside looks wonderful, however, we also want to go to the Tropicana Club in the evening (4 hours). Does anyone know if this can be done? I think you would be getting off one bus and onto another, so missing a clean up, change and dinner.

Keith (Southend)

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, AlRajul said:

No not received anything, but an email apologizing for delay. 

Thanks for that. We got in touch with them about it on Facebook, but they didn't want to know as they said we booked in a travel agents, and directed us to them. We actually booked while on the ship last year. No apologies for us.

I got mine really quick, i did book on line with them, i am sure you will get them but it is frustrating when you have to chase them, i was also able to use them against a future cruise i had already booked, which originally they said couldn't be done, only paid the minimum deposit so i was pleased with that.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hookedoncruising! said:

Hi AlRajul,

We got ours on 18th of October.Why not message them instead of phoning?I have contacted them this way a few times and they have always answered promptly.Go to your booking and there should be a Contact Us you can click onto.

Good luck.

Nothing for us, and we leave on the fifteenth of January. My wife did speak to them via Facebook, but they didn't want to know, as we booked in a shop. We didn't, but booked on the ship. We have had to make several calls over the last few weeks to a number in Stockton, the last being yesterday. They said they had the e mail ready to send out, but for some reason were unable to forward it. Later they said it should be with us in seven to ten days. Don't hold out much hope of receiving it.

Hi Marella Cruisers 

We will be flying from Canada with Sunwing to join Discovery 2 on Dec.4th. Although we have had many cruises

in the Caribbean this is the first time that we will be in Havana and would be glad of any advise you can give.

As we are not able to book excursions directly with Marella, we will have to wait until we are on the Ship. I am also hopeful that ' Southendweather ' is correct and that we have a day and a half in Havana as these were not the times

that we were originally given.

We thought that we might enjoy the Classic Car tour as an overview of the City. Does anyone know how the ship's

tours compare with one that you might pick up outside the terminal. 

On the ship's tour, Do you have any choice of car and do you get one car to a couple or do they pile as many as

they can fit into each car and you have no choice. Also do you know how easy it is to find a tour off the ship and

how prices compare. Also, how easy is it to change money and to know how much you might need to change.

What would be an appropriate amount to tip driver and tour guide?

Any and all other advice that you can give for Havana would be gratefully accepted.

Many thanks

We originally planned to do the classic car ride to the Tropicana Clup in Havana, but after thinking a couple of days it had all been sold out. There is some classic car excursions on the planner for both days, but I just tried to look at my excursion planner but couldn't get in, this maybe because we go this Tuesday 27th Nov (Pride of Panama), so to late to book online. There was a 10 hour tour available, which we would have liked to do, but we held back on it as we thought it would get back to late for the Club Tropicana night, and would probably miss dinner and getting changed, I will ask once on board. However, if the ship wasn't in Havana for the whole day w/c 4th December (Cuban Fusion) this excursion wouldn't be listed.

I'm sure you won't have problem doing something independantly as I don't beleive many cruise ships go into Havana and we are a relatively small ship.

Hope you don't mind the Brits, but I would imagine 95% will have flown in from the UK.

I'll be keeping an eye on the weather and hoping for the best:

Rainfall Radar:

http://www.barbadosweather.org/Composite/kidbuuComposite_Lionel_displayer.php?Product=Reflectivity&Sector=fullView&Composite=Sabre&ANISP=700&MAPP=1&PlanetOfTheApes=1543149977

Satellite:

http://www.barbadosweather.org/GOES16/Jiren_displayer.php?Instrument=GOES16&Product=11um&Sector=Tropical_Belt&Type=BW&Title=Infrared 11.2um (Long wave IR Band 14)

We like Marella, have been on Discovery 1 last winter, the All Inclusive (most drinks included) and no tips added to your bill is a good deal.

Hope you have a good cruise.

Keith (Southend)

Edited by Southendweather

Just decoded the weather around the Caribbean for the 23rd November 2018...

*Caribbean Islands overview*            

23rd    November 2018        

Max °C    Min °C    Rain (mm)    Location
28.3    21.8    TR    Nassau Int.(7m)
x    x    -    Varadero/MT(65m)
29.7    24.4    -    Grand Cayman Int Owen Roberts(3m)
31.3    24.2    -    Sangster/Montego(3m)
31.2    24.5    TR    Kingston Int.~Jamiaca
29.8    19.8    -    Punta Cana(12m)
30.0    23.3    -    San Juan(19m)P.Rico
29.4    23.3    -    C. Amalie/Truman St. Thomas US(67m)
29.4    23.2    2.2    Belize Int(5m)
29.9    22.6    -    Puerto Limon (5m) Costa Rica
32.4    22.6    -    Santiago (88m) Panama
32.4    23.7    -    Santa Marta(1m) Columbia
34.7    25.6    -    Cartagena(12m) Columbia
29.5    24.3    -    St. Kitts/Golden Rock(48m)
30.0    25.8    -    Charlestown / Newcast (Saint Kitts and Nevis)(17m)
29.1    23.0    -    Antigua/Vc Bird Int(14m)
29.4    25.0    TR    St. Maarten/Juliana Air(9m)
29.4    26.2    -    Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport, Saba
29.6    22.3    TR    Guadeloupe/La Raizet(11m)
31.1    23.1    TR    Dominica/Canefield Aero(5m)
30.1    23.9    5.5    Martinique/La Lementin(7m)
29.7    23.6    6.1    St Lucia/Vigie(2m)
x    x    -    St Vincent/Arnos Vale(5m)
29.6    25.1    -    Barbados/Grantley Adams(50m)
30.5    24.0    -    Grenada/Point Salines Int(7m)
30.4    23.9    0.6    Tobago/Crown Port Aero(6m)
31.5    24.1    TR    Trinidad/Piarco Int(15m)
31.0    24.7    -    Aruba/Q Beatrix(3m)
31.1    24.5    -    Curacao/Hato Aero(67m)

Keith (Southend)

http://www.southendweather.net/

Hi Southendweather

Thanks for your reply. Brits are fine with us. We originally hailed from that part of the world.

We were on Discovery 2 last year in December and really enjoyed our cruise. As for the

weather, we have just had our first snow for the year, so this looks good to us.

I was afraid that the Ship tours might be booked up but we will check them out as soon as

we board. If it is not possible to book with them we will do something independently.

Travel safe and enjoy your cruise.

Re: ships tours, last time we went we found a few 'new' tours appeared on the on screen booking facilities on the ship that were'nt on-line. I'm hoping the Tayrona National Park at Santa Marta, Colombia will appear back on the list, as this is the only one that interested us at that port, but then dissapeared from the list. :classic_sad:

Not seen the sun here for four days now.

http://www.southendweather.net/wl2/load_wl2.php

http://www.southendweather.net/homereports.htm

Keith (Southend)

Edited by Southendweather

On 11/24/2018 at 10:06 AM, Hookedoncruising! said:

Hi AlRajul,

We got ours on 18th of October.Why not message them instead of phoning?I have contacted them this way a few times and they have always answered promptly.Go to your booking and there should be a Contact Us you can click onto.

Good luck.

Thanks I'll try that first.