tellusvikingcruises.

jono mono

Is room service a 24/7 thing? We wake up very early every morn...5ish...it’s a curse. Coffee allows our mouths to make coherent words. On the line we have usually sailed (our first Viking Cruise) the staff was accustomed to our request for room serve for two carafes of coffee

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is room service a 24/7 thing? We wake up very early every morn...5ish...it’s a curse. Coffee allows our mouths to make coherent words. On the line we have usually sailed (our first Viking Cruise) the staff was accustomed to our request for room serve for two carafes of coffee

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Then you are going to be very happy campers. Moreover, if you are in a DV or above there is a coffeemaker in your cabin, to hold you over until the real stuff arrives.

In fact, here is a list of the basic included items (i.e., the ones that every cabin gets). If you want more details on what is included with your cabin category, on the Viking website, look under the ships tab, pick a ship and then scroll down the page. My edits are in orange.

• King-size Viking Explorer Bed with luxury linens & pillows ( 2 twin on request)
  • Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
  • 42" flat-screen, interactive LCD TV with intuitive remote & complimentary Movies On Demand
  • 110/220 volt outlets & USB ports
  • Mini-bar with soft drinks, water & snacks; security safe; hair dryer
  • Direct-dial satellite phone & cell service (NOT FREE)
  • Large private bathroom with spacious glass-enclosed shower, heated bathroom floor & anti-fog mirror
  • Premium Freyja® toiletries; plush robes & slippers
  • Purified water refilled daily
  • Stateroom steward & twice-daily housekeeping
  • 24-hour room service
  • Spacious closet & drawers

Room service was very good on Viking Sun. Always as ordered and always on time. We are from Arizona so put ice in just everything so we asked for extra ice service. Every day at 3pm they brought additional two buckets of ice. Only had to request it one time and they asked if we wanted it every day. They never missed a day and we had plenty of ice for the vodka tonics while getting dressed for the evening.;p

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2018 at 4:55 PM, Peregrina651 said:

Tellus are the ones to ask whenever you have a question. They are the ones who have the time to research and get the right answer.

The folks at TellUs@vikingcruises.com have always been my go-to for problems and question but over the past few months, I have been sensing some changes in the department, and right now, they don't seem to be changes for the better.

First, I have always dealt with one person there. Now when I send e-mails directly to her address, I get no reply from her. I had a good relationship with her for a numbers of years. When she left on maternity leave, I dealt with someone else and e-mails to my new contact no longer get a response either. Very sad. I miss the personal touch of a relationship with just one rep.

Second, there has been a name change for the department. It is now called "Viking Social" and there is no personal touch. Names are not signed on the e-mails and they come from a generic e-mail address. Ice cold. TellUs@vikingcruises.com still gets through but Viking Social responds.

Third, my dealings with the department over the last week or so have been less than hopeful. Twice they gave me the wrong street address for where our river boat will be docked, giving the address of the dock as a building a few blocks away. Anyone asking to be taken to that address will be mightily surprised when they find that are blocks away from where they need to be. Even after a phone call from them, I am not sure that they understand what their mistake was. I hope that this is not a trend.

Four, the folks at TellUs@ used to be very good at getting involved in the conversations here precisely when need, never becoming part of the conversation but usually asking that so-and-so with a problem contact them directly. Of late, their absence has been conspicuous.

So, for now, I am watching and listening to see if I am right or I am wrong.

4 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Second, there has been a name change for the department. It is now called "Viking Social" and there is no personal touch. Names are not signed on the e-mails and they come from a generic e-mail address. Ice cold. TellUs@vikingcruises.com still gets through but Viking Social responds.

I had the same experience today with the new, impersonal reply from Viking Social.  It was a prompt and helpful response, though, and they did wish me a no-doubt canned "lovely week ahead!" 🙂  

FWIW … I contacted “tellus” a couple of months ago with a rather lengthy email … I had specific and general complaints.  I am not usually a complainer, but I had an unpleasant conversation with someone at Viking Air that p----- me off enough that I had to speak up.

I was surprised at the speed of the response.  Someone called me within two hours and we had a lengthy and productive conversation … the specific complaint was discussed and I received an apology and assurance that the issue would be addressed with the air department.  I also received a voucher toward a future cruise; unnecessary but appreciated.  My general complaints were noted as well.  So … my anger was salved and I was well satisfied with their response.

Contacted tellus in September with a problem that a desired Barcelona tour was not offered on our sailing but strangely was offered 6 days later on a different sailing of the same cruise.  "Social" replied promptly and they added the tour.  Happy.

I did have an unsatisfactory experience with tellus a year ago.

Dear Peregrina651,

As a repeat guest and consummate Viking supporter, we appreciate you sharing these concerns with us, along with the Cruise Critic community.

Although we have indeed made some adjustments to the handling of TellUs@VikingCruises.com emails, you have our assurances that all changes have been made in an effort to provide a more timely and consistent experience to our guests. We regret to learn that any of these changes have felt impersonal, as a high level of care and individual attention has always been, and still is, a top priority.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion caused over the last week and hope we’ve now been able to clear up any lingering misinformation, though we, too, would have preferred it only take one try.

As you are aware, we pay close attention to the conversations that transpire on these boards and are dedicated to maintaining our presence as a member of the Cruise Critic community. That said, we hear your feedback, and will consider your comments as we continue to revise and improve our involvement on this site and across all social media.

Thank you, as always, for your honest thoughts, and your commitment to helping us improve our company and products. We look forward to your next email, and wish you a happy holiday season from all your friends on the Viking Social Media Team.

Warm regards,

Valerie, Cristina, Joseph, Bri, Chanel, Tamara, and MaryAnne
Viking Cruises

22 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

The folks at TellUs@vikingcruises.com have always been my go-to for problems and question but over the past few months, I have been sensing some changes in the department, and right now, they don't seem to be changes for the better.

First, I have always dealt with one person there. Now when I send e-mails directly to her address, I get no reply from her. I had a good relationship with her for a numbers of years. When she left on maternity leave, I dealt with someone else and e-mails to my new contact no longer get a response either. Very sad. I miss the personal touch of a relationship with just one rep.

Third, my dealings with the department over the last week or so have been less than hopeful. Twice they gave me the wrong street address for where our river boat will be docked, giving the address of the dock as a building a few blocks away. Anyone asking to be taken to that address will be mightily surprised when they find that are blocks away from where they need to be. Even after a phone call from them, I am not sure that they understand what their mistake was. I hope that this is not a trend.

Four, the folks at TellUs@ used to be very good at getting involved in the conversations here precisely when need, never becoming part of the conversation but usually asking that so-and-so with a problem contact them directly. Of late, their absence has been conspicuous.

So, for now, I am watching and listening to see if I am right or I am wrong.

Edited by Viking Cruises
Spacing edit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Viking Cruises said:

Dear Peregrina651,

As a repeat guest and consummate Viking supporter, we appreciate you sharing these concerns with us, along with the Cruise Critic community.

Although we have indeed made some adjustments to the handling of TellUs@VikingCruises.com emails, you have our assurances that all changes have been made in an effort to provide a more timely and consistent experience to our guests. We regret to learn that any of these changes have felt impersonal, as a high level of care and individual attention has always been, and still is, a top priority.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion caused over the last week and hope we’ve now been able to clear up any lingering misinformation, though we, too, would have preferred it only take one try.

As you are aware, we pay close attention to the conversations that transpire on these boards and are dedicated to maintaining our presence as a member of the Cruise Critic community. That said, we hear your feedback, and will consider your comments as we continue to revise and improve our involvement on this site and across all social media.

Thank you, as always, for your honest thoughts, and your commitment to helping us improve our company and products. We look forward to your next email, and wish you a happy holiday season from all your friends on the Viking Social Media Team.

Warm regards,

Valerie, Cristina, Joseph, Bri, Chanel, Tamara, and MaryAnne
Viking Cruises

THANK YOU so much for setting my mind at rest! Glad to see the A-team is still on the job! I was worried about you all. Glad to be proven wrong and will humbly eat my share of crow! I was so concerned that your department would no longer be the go-to team for right answers and kid-glove handling of sticky situations.

• Like 2

I think the Viking customer service team needs a long rest and maybe a soothing message, if the comments on all the river cruise boards are any indication.  I spoke with a lovely woman before our river cruise, and she sounded like she really needed a vacation!  She was very helpful, though.

I keep meaning to write up a review of our river cruise, but November just disappeared and Thanksgiving totally snuck up on me!  Does that always happen when you take a long cruise in mid-Sept 😄

Anyway, I know they have been getting complaints (most IMO unjustified or over the top) galore, but we really had a spectacular time.  We did the Grand European from Budapest to Amsterdam, and even with a ship swap and a couple of longish bus rides, it was marvelous!

I know this is Viking Ocean, but I just wanted to mention that!  We have TWO ocean cruises booked - Eastern Seaboard Explorer and Trade Routes of the Middle Ages.  I can't wait!

1 hour ago, Cyber Kat said:

I think the Viking customer service team needs a long rest and maybe a soothing message, if the comments on all the river cruise boards are any indication.  I spoke with a lovely woman before our river cruise, and she sounded like she really needed a vacation!  She was very helpful, though.

I keep meaning to write up a review of our river cruise, but November just disappeared and Thanksgiving totally snuck up on me!  Does that always happen when you take a long cruise in mid-Sept 😄

Anyway, I know they have been getting complaints (most IMO unjustified or over the top) galore, but we really had a spectacular time.  We did the Grand European from Budapest to Amsterdam, and even with a ship swap and a couple of longish bus rides, it was marvelous!

I know this is Viking Ocean, but I just wanted to mention that!  We have TWO ocean cruises booked - Eastern Seaboard Explorer and Trade Routes of the Middle Ages.  I can't wait!

These boards are where people end up to vent their anger and frustration when things go wrong or they don't get their way. I think that is why we see so many negative posts here. Of course, most of the people who post here looking for sympathy end up being told where they missed the boat and that it their own fault they are in this situation and next time they should read the fine print, buy the insurance, get the needed visas and otherwise take responsibility for their own actions. I guess we're playing the roll of bad cop.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I am on the Viking Iconic Mediterranean Treasures cruise departing Istanbul on Oct 22, 2022.  This is a very port intensive trip and I'd like to start planning my port days.  However, Viking doesn't provide your times in each port until 30 days prior to departure, according to Viking chat.  That seems like a ridiculous ploy to get you to book Viking excursions.  I can guess at port times based on when Viking is offering excursions, but I shouldn't have to do that.

57 minutes ago, edk said:

I am on the Viking Iconic Mediterranean Treasures cruise departing Istanbul on Oct 22, 2022.  This is a very port intensive trip and I'd like to start planning my port days.  However, Viking doesn't provide your times in each port until 30 days prior to departure, according to Viking chat.  That seems like a ridiculous ploy to get you to book Viking excursions.  I can guess at port times based on when Viking is offering excursions, but I shouldn't have to do that.

And once provided unlikely to be accurate. Our "final" paperwork had us departing one port two days in a row and being on an excursioin at 1 pm while the ship sailed away at noon.

1 hour ago, edk said:

It's not a ploy. Your Guest Statement has the estimated port times on it, which you can use for personal planning. Usually, they are fairly reliable.

However, port times (and ports themselves) are always subject to change for a wide variety of reasons such as weather, tides or rescheduling by the port itself. Even information at 30 days out is not guaranteed by any cruise line. On another line, we have had the experience of finding the all-aboard time altered after we arrived at the port.

When we book personal excursions, we make a point of planning for contingencies such as changes in the ship's itinerary - no doubt you do the same. 🍺🥌

• Like 4

1 hour ago, edk said:

Further to Rob's response, in addition to being printed in the Pax Statement you received upon booking, the "Estimated" arrival/departure times are also included in your MVJ daily calendar.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Further to Rob's response, in addition to being printed in the Pax Statement you received upon booking, the "Estimated" arrival/departure times are also included in your MVJ daily calendar.

Andy, is there a lead time for which the port times show in MVJ? I looked at mine for our June 2023 trip, and there's nada in either the daily or summary calendars. Perhaps just too early? ... gracias, Rob. 🍺🥌