Circle Pacific 2020

I agree that the choice is personal. Personally, I do not like idea of being on the same cruise ship for 77 days.

I don’t need to try it to know this. I also don’t assume others would feel the same way.

Fair enough, always good when you know what you like isn’t it? You don’t like long cruises on the same ship, while others do, what cruising is all about. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also the idea spending such a sum for 77 days on board one ship seems like a strange thing to do. It’s like measuring the success of a holiday by how long it takes, rather than how good it is.

Great holidays shouldn’t be measured by time but by the enjoyment derived and the feeling of being away from the cares of the everyday. 77 days on the same ship sounds like it would become too routine after a while.

If you wanted to spend that sort of money on a holiday, it would be better to have a couple of weeks in the lap of luxury on a six star ship.

People do much longer world cruises.

For some, that cruise option is the most appropriate; it’s not necessarily just about the most luxurious holiday.

Or better yet, ow about building a few new smaller ships?

Same reason as their other business decisions. They look at roi compared to $/day, and returns are much better for the larger ships - so they aren’t going to make less money.

That’s also why they pressure government for more port facilities in Sydney. They don’t plan or want smaller ships so need bigger facilities to cater for their own business plans using larger ships. Even though we can quite adequately cope with the existing fleet.

Agree it’s overpriced. But that’s in line with other princess sailings, which are also up, just like other cruise lines...

Probably anticipating a movement in the price of oil.

Do they still have the option for a oil surcharge in place?

Also the idea spending such a sum for 77 days on board one ship seems like a strange thing to do. It’s like measuring the success of a holiday by how long it takes, rather than how good it is.

Great holidays shouldn’t be measured by time but by the enjoyment derived and the feeling of being away from the cares of the everyday. 77 days on the same ship sounds like it would become too routine after a while.

If you wanted to spend that sort of money on a holiday, it would be better to have a couple of weeks in the lap of luxury on a six star ship.

Personally 77 days doesn't sound long enough to me !

And why shouldn't we measure our holidays by time ? For many people time is the whole reason for travelling.

• Like 1

I would so like to do this cruise but hubby doesn't think he could enjoy 77 nights although we have so far done 2 cruises over 40 nights, so will have to work on it.

Bookings open tomorrow for Elite past passengers and on Thursday to general public. Yes I have seen a few segments of it advertised and I may end up trying to get one of these booked soon.

We already have 2 cruises booked so will have to work at it but if situation changes we can always cancel it if we change our minds.

Agree, but I paid about 15% less for our Hawaii cruise than the list price, so if same applies here it would be about 2.4 times the price which narrows the gap somewhat.

But a balcony still comes to about $300 pp pn if that happens, in my opinion way too much.

Pricey I think because Princess is the only one that does Circle Pacific, and only one a year, no wonder it books out so quickly.

Are you listening other cruise lines???

Pricey I think because Princess is the only one that does Circle Pacific, and only one a year, no wonder it books out so quickly.

Are you listening other cruise lines???

Never understood why the others don’t offer longer cruises from Aus. Like Circle Pacific, World Cruise, even Circumnavigations are limited.

Never understood why the others don’t offer longer cruises from Aus. Like Circle Pacific, World Cruise, even Circumnavigations are limited.

Carnival targets family groups who wouldn't able to do long cruises.

P&O targets families and working couples who wouldn't be able to do long cruises.

The rest of the cruise lines, other than Princess, don't spend enough time in our region to be able to offer long cruises.

Also long cruises may not bring in as much revenue as the equivalent amount of time broken into shorter cruises ie people probably spend less on board on average per day on longer cruises.

And do not forget Carnival Corporation is the major player...P&O Australia, Carnival, Princess, HAL. Also March/April, more Carnival Corp ships appear here to do sectors on thei 'Worldies' from/to UK, Cunard, P&O UK. They won't position them all here if they cannot fill the ships on their various itineraries.:cool:

They bring in a cross section of the Carnival brands, to suit different classes of cruisers with a different pricing too.

Just had a quick look on the Princess site. All the accessible cabins, Mini-Suites and Suites are sold out on the Sydney return cruise. Not many left for the non elite bookings on Thursday. No doubt some will cancel somewhere down the track.

We have just booked. Terrific itinerary. Shame it is not the Golden as in 2017. We really liked that ship.

Looking forward to catching up with all our friends from past cruises.

Cheers Diane

dinah1

• 2 weeks later...

Too expensive, too long and not a great ship.    I did 49 days once, Sydney to Southampton, more than ready to get off, done 3 or 4 thirty dayers as well, a bit long. I reckon 21 days is about right.

Too pricey for me.... early 2017 we cruised 35 nights onboard Oceana, one of the sun sisters, and I must say I was a tad bored with the ship around the 3 week mark and it wasn't just because it was full of UK peeps 👀 can't believe how may of them dislike Australian accents, an expat Scot I  kept telling them mine was not in fact Australian it was the sought after very unique   "modern Scottish accent" 😇..... back to the ship.......it was just not big enough or have enough decent venues to offer a good choice of things to do on the long sea day stretches..  I don't mind paying a reasonable price for a long cruise but not on the old girls....my choice for a longer cruise is something more the size of say Diamond Princess or the RCL Voyager class.

2 hours ago, icat2000 said:

I think its a fabulous itinerary albeit a little pricey, however, Princess knows they have the market on this cruise so they can open with high pricing and adjust if it doesn't sell. It seems to sell like hotcakes.

It is selling like HOTCAKES

2 hours ago, icat2000 said:

I think its a fabulous itinerary albeit a little pricey, however, Princess knows they have the market on this cruise so they can open with high pricing and adjust if it doesn't sell. It seems to sell like hotcakes.

11 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

It is selling like HOTCAKES

Great itinerary trumps not so great ship and an expensive price tag.

19 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Great itinerary trumps not so great ship and an expensive price tag.

I agree with you there Mic. Perhaps if people backed off booking these overpriced worldies and grand voyages prices might drop, all about demand.

Edited by NSWP