Just received a email with details of the Sun Princess doing a 77 day circle Pacific cruise departing Sydney 15 April 2020 and returning 1 July 2020.

Just received a email with details of the Sun Princess doing a 77 day circle Pacific cruise departing Sydney 15 April 2020 and returning 1 July 2020.

Just got one too, waiting on pricing

Itinerary:

15 Apr Sydney

16 Apr Cruising the South Pacific Ocean

17 Apr Brisbane

18-19 Apr Cruising the Coral Sea

20 Apr Alotau, Papua New Guinea M

21-25 Apr Cruising the Solomon, Bismark and

Philippine Seas, Cross the Equator

26 Apr Manila, The Philippines

27 Apr Cruising the South China Sea

28 Apr Hong Kong, China

29-30 Apr Cruising the South China and

East China Seas

1 May Shanghai, China

2 May Cruising the East China Sea

3 May Busan, South Korea

4 May Cruising the North Pacific Ocean

5 May Osaka, Japan (for Kyoto)

6 May Shimizu, Japan (for Mount Fuji)

7 May Tokyo, Japan (Yokohama)

8 May Cruising the North Pacific Ocean

9 May Hakodate, Japan M

10 May Kushiro, Japan M

11-12 May Cruising the North Pacific Ocean

12 May Cross the International Dateline

13-15 May Cruising the North Pacific Ocean

16 May Kodiak, Alaska, USA

17 May Anchorage, Alaska, USA (Seward)

18 May College Fjord, Alaska, USA Scenic Cruising M

19 May Hubbard Glacier, Alaska, USA Scenic Cruising

20 May Sitka, Alaska, USA

21 May Skagway, Alaska, USA

22 May Juneau, Alaska, USA

23 May Ketchikan, Alaska USA

24 May Cruising the Inside Passage, Alaska, USA

25 May Vancouver, Canada

26 May Vancouver, Canada

27 May Victoria, Canada

28 May Seattle, USA

29 May Cruising the North Pacific Ocean

30 May Astoria, USA M

31 May Cruising the North Pacific Ocean

1 Jun San Francisco, USA

2 Jun San Francisco, USA

3 Jun Monterey, USA M

4 Jun Santa Barbara, USA M

5 Jun San Diego, USA

6-10 Jun Cruising the North Pacific Ocean

11 Jun Honolulu, Hawaiian Islands, USA

12 Jun Maui, Hawaiian Islands, USA (Lahaina)

13-17 Jun Cruising the Pacific Ocean, cross the Equator

18 Jun Tahiti, French Polynesia (Papeete)

19 Jun Raiatea, French Polynesia

20-21 Jun Cruising the South Pacific Ocean

22 Jun Pago Pago, American Samoa

23-24 Jun Cruising the South Pacific Ocean

25 Jun Cross the International Dateline

26 Jun Cruising the South Pacific Ocean

27 Jun Auckland, New Zealand

28 Jun Bay of Islands, New Zealand

OMG, would so love this but cant take that much time off.

The sectors are always so expensive per night on the World cruises too:(

OMG, would so love this but cant take that much time off.

The sectors are always so expensive per night on the World cruises too:(

We would need to cancel Hawaii next year and Mrs Gut use every bit of LSL she has available, but still considering t, if we can get an accessible cabin at a price we can justify.

This would knock a few things off the bucket list, all at once. Only thing I would really miss is that it doesn’t include Bora Bora and Moorea.

Thank you for this information, We have just sent an email to our travel agent to book a cabin on release

Yes a good itinerary and would be a great cruise. Would love a different ship though. Having done Bora Bora and Morrea on the Hawaii round trip from Sydney cruise I would be quite happy not to do them again.

This would knock a few things off the bucket list, all at once. Only thing I would really miss is that it doesn’t include Bora Bora and Moorea.

Tahiti is probably a full day so you can catch the ferry over..... this year on the way back on the world cruise we went to Raiatea, you can see bora from there.... Raiatea is beautiful we had a great day snorkeling .. the sail in and out is magnificent...

looks like we will be on this one too

Tahiti is probably a full day so you can catch the ferry over..... this year on the way back on the world cruise we went to Raiatea, you can see bora from there.... Raiatea is beautiful we had a great day snorkeling .. the sail in and out is magnificent...

How far out would you need to book a Circle Pacific cruise??

According to a newsletter I received -

Pre registration is open now and bookings for NZ are as follows..

Princess Captain Circle Elite Members: 11am on 9th October 2018

General Sale: 11am on 11th October 2018

Whoohoo Jo!

I agree Raiatea is lovely, would love to go back there, not many cruises call there these days, same with Rarotonga.

How far out would you need to book a Circle Pacific cruise??

I tried to get on one a couple of years back, 2014 or 15 I think, and couldn’t get a balcony 12 months out.

Now I need an accessible cabin and expect if I don’t book day one I’ll miss out.

Would love to do another circle pacific cruise but not sure I could get as great a deal as we got last time[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interested in this one too, it’s just the boss taking that much time away from his beloved Dragster [emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using Forum5942b22c3a77f5ea1c7e5eb6f58a53b6.jpgs

Interested in this one too, it’s just the boss taking that much time away from his beloved Dragster [emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using Forum5942b22c3a77f5ea1c7e5eb6f58a53b6.jpgs

Take it with him🤓

I’m a bit hesitant to be away from Max for 11 weeks

Take it with him[emoji851]

I’m a bit hesitant to be away from Max for 11 weeks

Believe me Gut, if he could he would, though the baggage rates would be horrendous - but..... Max could be hidden inside [emoji6] and the granddaughter (driver) would be pretty happy - with both the holiday & Max :)

And then there’s the price, $54,000 for 77 days. (Balcony)

That’s $350 pp pn.

Then factor in that I’d need an accessible so can’t eat guarantee pricing on past experience I’d guess closer to $60,000 for two.

When we looked at doing it on Golden it was about $40,000.

Just as an aside - an on site TA has segments of the Circle Pacific on line now but they have it departing Sydney on the 1st July 2020 - 22 day sector Sydney to Tokyo. Very interesting ..........

Just as an aside - an on site TA has segments of the Circle Pacific on line now but they have it departing Sydney on the 1st July 2020 - 22 day sector Sydney to Tokyo. Very interesting ..........

That may not be a Circle Pacific sector. Princess may be relocating Sun Princess up to Japan for a few months again.

Way overpriced IMO.:rolleyes:

Also the idea spending such a sum for 77 days on board one ship seems like a strange thing to do. It’s like measuring the success of a holiday by how long it takes, rather than how good it is.

Great holidays shouldn’t be measured by time but by the enjoyment derived and the feeling of being away from the cares of the everyday. 77 days on the same ship sounds like it would become too routine after a while.

If you wanted to spend that sort of money on a holiday, it would be better to have a couple of weeks in the lap of luxury on a six star ship.

That may not be a Circle Pacific sector. Princess may be relocating Sun Princess up to Japan for a few months again.

Nope - def selling as Circle Pacific segment - ??? Most confusing, need to Clean up their act [emoji6]

Also found received this email from Cruise Passenger, who I subscribe to, who are just news and views on cruising:

While the 77-night Circle Pacific cruise, priced from $16,999 per person, twin share, will feature more calls to Japan with calls to Osaka, Toba, Tokyo and maiden calls to Hakodate and Kushiro which will arrive the day before the before the start of the 2020 Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony.

So that puts the cruise leaving Sydney early July?

I’ve recieve$ emails from 4 different companies, all have the 77 night circle Pacific departing Sydney 15 April, returning 1 July.

They are, for the ‘lymics.

My reading of the email has the Sun Princess departing Sydney on the 1st July after it returns from the circle Pacific cruise. It is then scheduled to do a 22 day cruise to Tokyo and do a return 22 day from Tokyo to Sydney departing 10th August. On the 1st September it does a 35 day cruise to Hawaii and Tahiti.

My reading of the email has the Sun Princess departing Sydney on the 1st July after it returns from the circle Pacific cruise. It is then scheduled to do a 22 day cruise to Tokyo and do a return 22 day from Tokyo to Sydney departing 10th August. On the 1st September it does a 35 day cruise to Hawaii and Tahiti.

Well there you go, simple explanation.

Thank you By The Bay 🤝

Also the idea spending such a sum for 77 days on board one ship seems like a strange thing to do. It’s like measuring the success of a holiday by how long it takes, rather than how good it is.

Great holidays shouldn’t be measured by time but by the enjoyment derived and the feeling of being away from the cares of the everyday. 77 days on the same ship sounds like it would become too routine after a while.

If you wanted to spend that sort of money on a holiday, it would be better to have a couple of weeks in the lap of luxury on a six star ship.

77 days away from the cares of work etc sounds like heaven to me.

I agree. But not on one ship

So wee is the cut off on one ship.

The amount of days spent cruising on one, or many ships, luxury or budget, is like a persons choice of anything; entirely personal.

But... also something that should first be tried before you “assume” the atmosphere or activity experienced by others would be routine if longer than a couple of weeks, don’t you think?

I do however think that this particular cruise is way overpriced for this particular ship, sorry Princess cruise lovers, I’m with NSWP on this point.

I looked at this too and thought wow, have not seen the pricing for all catagories, but agree it seems to expensive. We were on Sun Princess for 26 nights in May and June this year and it felt very crowded on days when the weather was too cool for outside decks. One lounge turned into a Sushi bar which had a max of about 8 crew eating there each night and empty all day, while it was standing room only for a coffee in the atrium bar on deck 7 and international café on deck 5. Wheelhouse bar always hosting art auctions or talks morning and afternoon. I think 77 days too long for this ship and the price.

The amount of days spent cruising on one, or many ships, luxury or budget, is like a persons choice of anything; entirely personal.

But... also something that should first be tried before you “assume” the atmosphere or activity experienced by others would be routine if longer than a couple of weeks, don’t you think?

I do however think that this particular cruise is way overpriced for this particular ship, sorry Princess cruise lovers, I’m with NSWP on this point.

Yep way overpriced at the moment, but then I’ve never paid brochure price on any cruise.

Ovepriced but they still fill that worn out ship, put a decent ship on the World Voyage and Pacific Circle Grand Voyages, even the Ruby Princess would do.

Sun and Sea have passed their use by date IMO.

Sure,:evilsmile: no daily auto gratuities, but the cruise price reflects the gratuities are hidden in the price, no way Carnival is going to top up the service crew wages with Carnival money, it is 'user pay'....You !!!

Circle Pacific was on Golden a couple of years back.

By the same token the Americans use Pacific Princess for their world cruise and have some great discounts as they can’t always fill it.

I guess we pay a price for filling ships every cruise.

Posted (edited)
Ovepriced but they still fill that worn out ship, put a decent ship on the World Voyage and Pacific Circle Grand Voyages, even the Ruby Princess would do.

Sun and Sea have passed their use by date IMO.

Sure,:evilsmile: no daily auto gratuities, but the cruise price reflects the gratuities are hidden in the price, no way Carnival is going to top up the service crew wages with Carnival money, it is 'user pay'....You !!!

Agree totally, but the only way we can let Princess know we know this is to NOT pay these prices, not sail on these cruises, or stop using Sun & Sea (off to P&O Aus they go) and all hop aboard Ruby and Diamond when they are here.

Loved those mid size ships though [:-{ sigh 🛶

Edited by Porky55

Yep way overpriced at the moment, but then I’ve never paid brochure price on any cruise.

Too true, but by waiting you then pay the price of less cabin choice - or next to none, being smaller ships - rock and hard place !! Much harder for you Gut, needing an accessible now .....

Syd to Syd from $16,999

At 77 days that is 2.2 times the 35 night Hawaii/Tahiti cruise but the cheapest fare is 2.68 times the cheapest fare on the August 2019 Hawaii/Tahiti cruise.

Definitely overpriced, and too expensive for us.