Cruise Critic Community
zanydoc

What’s your go to embarkation day drink?

Mine would be a Pina Colada if I'm in the mood for something frozen, or a Sex on the Beach

Miami Vice! Half Strawberry Daiquiri, half Pina Colada!

Oh wow that sounds good, two of my favorite drinks put together. Will have to try that on the harmony.

Depending on the drink of the day, it is usually a Bahama Mama. Or both!

Well on Princess, its a Dirty Banana, an boy are they good!!:) I'll settle for a Pina Coloda on sailaway day, an keep em comin.

DH loves dirty bananas but you can't get them on RCI anymore. At least he was told they don't carry the mix anymore since they changed from Island Oasis.

Mine used to be Miami Vice, but I rarely get a blender drink anymore due to calories, but when I do, it's a mudslide, usually about mid-cruise.

...wait. That is a thing!?

My life has been enriched. Thank you.

You're welcome :D

Yes, it is a thing on Royal. I was surprised too the first time I was asked by a waiter if I wanted it frozen or regular. I think it was in 2014 on the Liberty TA. 14 days of frozen mojitos.

...wait. That is a thing!?

My life has been enriched. Thank you.

oh yes and it's amazing! I like the Kraken Colada or Italian Tea! Last cruise we went on, my husband basically just always got me my drinks so I would just order the same thing over and over, switch between a few. This time I am doing my research and going to try as much as possible.

Water

Me too!....or ice tea from the Windjammer:)

There was a time when I WISHED all I would have had was water or iced tea. First night cruise excitement. Normally gets one or two of us in our group on the 1st or 2nd night. :evilsmile::evilsmile:

Dan

Long Island Iced Tea.

Necember.ever had one of those, cruising or on land. And me from Long Island. Have to add this to my to do list for December.

Edited by starrcards
Deleted in error

Necember.ever had one of those, cruising or on land. And me from Long Island. Have to add this to my to do list for December.

They pack a punch. It’s one of those drinks that always amazes me how much alcohol is in it but it doesn’t taste nearly so.

Dan

Miller Lite at the pool bar.

love that someone love Miller Lite the way I do. And Yes, we go up to the pool first thing. Get our loungers and chill out for the afternoon. We can explore the ship when it gets dark, during the day we are at the pool

Speaking of LI Ice Teas, I will provide all of you with a little chuckle. On our very first cruise and let me add by saying I rarely drank, I ordered a LI Ice Tea not knowing what it was. The couple next to me on the lounger ordered one so I said I will have one. My first taste told me this wasn't Ice Tea so played along until DH came up and saw me with it and yelled out for all to hear, What the *** are you doing with a LI Ice Tea. I never had one again. LOL I did survive the drink BTW.

I can’t wait-only 2 days! I always want a mojito, but I guess they never have the fresh mint in time, so I usually get a Bahama Mama. How about you?

Ice cold water