Bliss Pacific Coastal and Mexican Riviera cruises 9/30-10/13/2018 Trip Report

rockfsh

This is a live trip report of the Bliss Pacific Coastal and Mexican Riviera cruise starting in Vancouver BC. The Bliss will travel to Vancouver from Seattle without passengers due to the restrictions of the Passenger Vessel Services Act which prevents cruise ships from carrying passengers starting from an American port and ending in another American port without visiting a distant foreign port. The Bliss will be the largest cruise ship ever to visit Vancouver and must sail under the Lion's Gate Bridge at low tide to fit. She will arrive at 3:30 AM. MandyGirl from our roll call said she will watch the Bliss come in from the Pan Pacific Hotel in her PJs. We are also staying at the Pan Pacific so if I see a girl in her PJs, I'll say“Hi”.

There will be 3 ships in port on Sunday with 9,000 passengers will embark then. Due to the tides, The Bliss will leave for Victoria at 4:30 AM on Monday which was reported by ceilidh1 who lives in Vancouver and has connections with (and was) a port agent.

We love Vancouver, a beautiful city. We enjoy Granville Island, which is not an island. It sits on False Creek which is not a creek. Stanley Park is huge. Unfortunately our favorite restaurant there, The Fish House, has closed.

Please follow along and refrain from quoting pictures as this may clog up the thread.

Canada Place

4.1306644960.canada-place.jpg

English Bay Sea Wall

4.1306644960.sea-wall.jpg

Granville Island

6.1347524160.really-in-canada.jpg

Stanley Park Nurse Tree

6.1347524160.nurse-tree.jpg

Yes, Vancouver is a wonderful city. Have visited a few times to visit BIL and family who live there. Looking forward to the review. Thought about booking Bliss Pacific Coastal but finally settled on the 13 Oct sailing out of LA (don't have to fly)!

Looking forward to your review! My daughter and bf are on the same cruise as you. Both my husband and I are on the November 3 Panama Cruise. If you are looking for a nice place for Happy Hour or dinner tomorrow check out the Lift. It is a short walk along the sea walk from Canada Place to the Bayshore Inn.

Looking forward to your review! My daughter and bf are on the same cruise as you. Both my husband and I are on the November 3 Panama Cruise. If you are looking for a nice place for Happy Hour or dinner tomorrow check out the Lift. It is a short walk along the sea walk from Canada Place to the Bayshore Inn.

Are your daughter and BF on the roll call? If so what are their user names?

Oh Canada (Place)

The Nieuw Amsterdam is parked here today.

namsterdam.jpg

Tomorrow the Bliss will park here on this side

bpark.jpg

She will have to pass under the Lion's Gate Bridge. Look how much clearance this freighter

has.

lgate2.jpg

Our room @ Pan Pacific. I guess I'll be up (like, not with, MandyGirl to watch the Bliss come in. :D

room1.jpg

More later. Can't wait

Great stuff with live report I’ve just arrived in Vancouver hope you get pics and video of her arriving will board 1200 tomorrow any info about cancelling extra value restaurant and if there will be a solo dinner for those in studios see you at meets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got off the bliss today. The crew are going do a little cleaning and a staff party prior to picking you guys up tomorrow. They were filming commercials during our sailing that affected access to certain areas but I think they will be done with that when you board. Aft elevator use or stairs instead of forward elevators REALLY helps with ease of getting around the ship. Forward elevators pretty packed. Beautiful ship and we enjoyed our first big ship experience. Found it very easy to get around onboard. We didn’t experience any issues getting race track ressies and specialty dining times. We really enjoyed speciality venues and the Local. Have a great time!